It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about the Asetroid Belt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
How Do these space probes surive the Asteriod Belt? I understand graviy assist, but the Asteriod belt is a belt, a circular belt. Or are these scientists saying under their breath,But its always I hope it makes it there? Or, is there really someway of doing that? I hope, space is miraculous!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanLA123

From what little I have read, it appears the asteroids are far enough apart to make it possible to navigate through them.

As an aside, the "alternative" story of how the belt was formed was that it was once a populated planet that destroyed itself with nuclear-type weapons.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Yes, in fact the asteroid belt is spaced out enough so that passage is quite possible.

However I do not think that a planet ever formed there, or to go as far as to say that nuclear type weapons where the cause of its destruction. When the entire mass of the asteroid belt is combined it is only 1/1000th of that of Earth. Even smaller than our moon. and its given distance from the sun make for a very small chance.

Im not attacking your alternitive theory, cause I guess that anything is possible.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
There are huge gaps in the belt, some thinks it is caused by some object passing thru the belt at times..

Some Huge...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by vip867

Here's a link to my rant/post about where the asteroid belt came from, you might like, you might hate but, I can assure you it's the truth.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

Yea, I agree with you, there isnt much 'knowledge' that really matters, since it is made up.
And people tries to make an debate with 'facts' I know are worthless is kinda depressing...

Like with the asteroidbelt, how can it get there after the solar system was formed? Did the sun deside it didnt need one more planet ?
so insanly stupid theory...

Isnt it so that the sun has Noderings that that planets are 'orbiting' on ?
Heard something about that !!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I personally harbor no such belief some Empire from Star Wars came and destroyed a planet using the death star.

My simple question is when sending space probes to explore our solar system and the univers how is it possible to just throw it up there and making it to pass a belt of different size balls of dirt without hitting one? They maybe spaced far apart, but how can we know when every piece of rock in the belt is where it is? Awesome luck in opinion! I love it personally!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I just got this message in my email, I post it here since I dont wanna start a thread on it, and does in a way go to this , asteroid and oort cloads thingeling..

Just remove if it is too offTopic :

Planet X Update! Planet X Update! Hi
This email was sent to me personally & it is about Planet X, read it carefully as its quite complicated, This is all that iv been told so far "down below" I will keep you updated if I hear any further updates

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS THE EMAIL:
A binary brown dwarf star found on the outer edges of our solar system have been found by a Spanish team of astronomers. Near the Sagittarii and Pluto area of the sky it is causing meteoroids to hit Pluto Uranus, Neptune Saturn and Jupiter as it moves out of the Oort cloud and into our system. It seems to be heading for a trip around our solar system judging from the pattern of meteoroids it sent hurtling into other planets. It also has two smaller satellites, a smaller moon and a planet roughly the size of Venus.... sound familiar. This comes not from a Nibiru site or data from another vid. This comes from an Australian newspaper that has been the only news outlet to pick up the story. The Spanish space authority is now in the process of asking NASA why havent they told any one as NASA has roughly 90% of IR telescopes looking outward and for a time the only place to observe it is from Antarctica where the NASA has many IR telescopes HINT HINT. With perturbation of the outer planets, masses of meteoroids coming from the Oort cloud, phantom microwaves the Spanish astronomers have been asked why so hush; hush still after other countries are now able to view it. They discovered this in July!!!!! And have had no formal or informal answer from Never A Straight Answer since.

How to responce to this ? hehe !!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
There are huge gaps in the belt, some thinks it is caused by some object passing thru the belt at times..

Some Huge...

There may be some gaps in the belt, but that's not why a space probe can pass through it -- The normal gap between objects in the asteroid belt is huge.

If you blindly piloted a ship on a straight unaltered path through the asteroid belt, there's an extremely good chance that you would not hit anything.

Originally posted by ChemBreather
I just got this message in my email, I post it here since I dont wanna start a thread on it, and does in a way go to this , asteroid and oort cloads thingeling..

Just remove if it is too offTopic :

Planet X Update! Planet X Update! Hi
This email was sent to me personally & it is about Planet X, read it carefully as its quite complicated, This is all that iv been told so far "down below" I will keep you updated if I hear any further updates

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS THE EMAIL:
A binary brown dwarf star found on the outer edges of our solar system have been found by a Spanish team of astronomers...

This is already being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12/12/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

jra

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanLA123
How Do these space probes surive the Asteriod Belt?

The asteroid belt in our solar system is not like the asteroid belts you see in Star Wars or Star Trek, full of large rocks flying all over the place making it difficult to navigate. Most of the rocks are very small and spaced very far apart as others have already said. There are only a few rocks that are a decent size. The biggest being Ceres which is about 950km in diameter.

You may be interested to know that there's currently a probe that's flying through the asteroid belt right now. It's called Dawn. They plan to get up close to Vesta in 2011 and then Ceres in 2015.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Actually, the asteroids in the asteroid belt aren't as they're portrayed in children's books at all. From what I remember, about a quarter of the mass of it is in one big asteroid, and the rest are smaller, but spaced far enough apart that the chances of it getting hit while travelling through the belt are slim to none

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure the collective mass of the entire belt wouldn't be able to hold itself together, and it's more likely remanants from collisions between forming planets in the early solar system

new topics

top topics

join