It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Move to cut ACORN funding ruled unconstitutional!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Well, it looks like the members here, stating it was unconstitutional, have a backer.

Link to story-
Move to cut ACORN funding ruled unconstitutional

I have no leanings one way or the other on the constitutionality of it. I just think every organization that has any affiliation with the Washington corruption Cabal, is just as corrupt as the teat they suck off.

I guess now, Acorn will sue or just get as much money as they want.

What say you.

edit to add link-doohhh, thought I had

[edit on 12/11/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
You need to provide a link.
If this is true it could be the straw that breaks the camels back.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well yes, this was mentioned ages ago. You can't single out any one particular.

Hey I know! Let's just take all the funding away from all of them. Why stop at acorn?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Yes, it was mentioned, but now a Judge was found to institute the order.

As a friend from England would say, BOLLOCKS!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Brilliant!
I might or might not be saying anything with this second line.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
BS.

Considering this took place in NY it doesn't surprise me a federal judge found on their side. It's still BS. They need to be investigated.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Yes, I do believe they need to be investigated, but we all know how investigations go in Washington. If it can be pinned to one individual, it goes through.

If it will show systemic corruption, nobody gets in trouble.

You wash the corruption off my back, I wash the corruption off your back.

Seiko has it right, just take away all the money from all of them.

It is time to just starve the beast.

[edit on 12/11/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I'm trying anyway I can to think of the constitutionality of this for or against..

There was no specific part of the constitution cited, and I can't think of any part of the consitution which guarantees government funding to community reform organizations. Can ANYONE explain this?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Just a quick question..

since my BW has been constricted (thanks hughes net
)

The big OUTRAGE vote that came about from the ACORN videos were amended into other legislation if I remember correctly, different bills in the house & senate.. that needed to be hashed out before going before the President ..

I haven't heard if it did make it to the White House...

It is starting to look like congress was playing lip service to the outrage, and made the vote to appease those voters, and now that it is older news what could be a better reason to stop the action to defund ACORN then to be able to point to a judges ruling and deflect any anger his honor's way?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

From the article-

The law that halted ACORN's federal funding took effect Oct. 1 and was extended Oct. 31. It was set to either expire or be extended again on Dec. 18.

It seems they were not getting any funding since Oct. 1st and now they can have all the STIMULUS funds they would like. I still would like to know where ALL the funds went. Of course, that will never happen.

I find this all to be total bull# dipped in corruption sauce, fed to the American people as bread and pudding.

Corruption and outright nefarious dealings get exposed and what happens.

NOTHING!

Notice another big news story comes out on the evening of a weekend.

Are we seeing a trend here?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

From the article-

Gershon said in her ruling that ACORN had raised a "fundamental issue of separation of powers. They have been singled out by Congress for punishment that directly and immediately affects their ability to continue to obtain federal funding, in the absence of any judicial, or even administrative, process adjudicating guilt."

So what the judge has stated is that, we the judiciary and the executive branch will be making the decisions on the outlay of funds.

How about seperation of powers? Is it not the congress that makes the decisions on the outlay of funds?

I being just an idiot American citizen know this.

Acorn had an argument for being singled out, not in what this asshat judge ruled though. In my humble opinion.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is bloody ridiculous... "Everything burns" the Dark Knight ... sometimes when I think of that line it makes me think of what might have to happen to start things right... even then we might not get it 100% but the way we are going now we are completely ... eh... hhh... I give up on that bit... its not good.
We should stop funding all these lil prics under our skin and start actual doing good for our communities and citizens. If you start from the community maybe perhaps it will spread far enough to another and so on and so forth.. ? Just an idea... I'm just getting started tonight and this article was perfect.

S&F because it is good to know that the most notorious criminal organizations who steal millions if not more of our money, are being let go with not even a slap on the hand or warning.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Thanks for the clarification.. and the help since I wasn't able to do much surfing on my own last night (hughes.net
)

So is there anything in the works to investigate the allegations in court?

Or do we hear the sound of a a broom?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

I guess now, Acorn will sue or just get as much money as they want.

As they should. Especially considering that the videos used to damn them are raising questions of their legitimacy. It appears that the questions asked of the Acorn members were dubbed in after the video was shot making it impossible to tell what was actually asked of the Acorn members.

The videos that have been released appear to have been edited, in some cases substantially, including the insertion of a substitute voiceover for significant portions of Mr. O'Keefe's and Ms. Giles's comments, which makes it difficult to determine the questions to which ACORN employees are responding.

TPM Article - report Finds No Illegal Conduct

mod edit, fix quote tags

[edit on Sat Dec 12 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There is MORE than enough evidence in the news arena alone, to prosecute this group under Federal RICO statutes. Then it isn't unconstitutional, it is a matter of case law. Now we just need a federal prosecutor who has the balls to step up and take the RICO case.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
this is great...a few bad apples in an organization does not overshadow the amount of good deeds done overall... the right wingers are blowing a gasket right now...and i don't know why? their dirty tricks in voter fraud is has been well known for a long time.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

The only thing I could find currently

A link on Freedom's Lighthouse
Representative Steve King says any investigation will lead to Obama White House

There is scuttle butt around Washington that the Admin is blocking any further investigation. Of course the internal investigation turned up no wrong doing.

I cannot find any other current investigations. I guess the congress is to busy dreaming up ways to tax us, between the health care tax and carbon tax they are too busy to bother with corruption and fraud.

edit to fix link

[edit on 12/12/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

What, I could not hear you, can you speak into my other ear?

reply to post by djvexd

I agree but we all know that any investigation that will actually delve into this will find ties into the Obama administration. The corrupt Washington elite cannot allow people to see the systemic corruption though, in either party. The two headed snake known as the Dem/Repub paradigm keeps rolling along.

reply to post by jimmyx

What, I could not hear you, can you speak into my other ear?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

you can read more about it here, and how all tax-exeptions brake constituional laws, same goes for Acorn and other organizations that receave funds on a federal level.

help stop the madness, the government is a union, and does not work for the people it never has. more on that can be found here.

freesyncracy.com...

here is a sample of what i am talking about:

Check out the seal of the president – it says “President of the United States” not President of the United States of America. Wouldn’t you think our President’s official seal would actually spell out the full name of our country? That’s because he does not represent the republic under the Constitution of the United States of America. He is not the “people’s” President. He represents a mere corporation, as it’s president, foreign to our Constitutional government.

The “more perfect Union” that the Constitution refers to is a union of sovereign States, not a corporate labor union, under the Social Security Administration.

So if you think of the pink slips being sent to Congress, as grievances to the union leaders, you will be much more accurate. But what clout do these Congressional workers have, when their bosses also threaten their jobs? Their bosses can simply say to them; “You keep doing what you’re doing, because remember, you work for us, and we’ll take care of the public opinion… as we own the media. We can sway public opinion any way we wish. You just keep doing what you’re doing, and you’ll be fine. But if you step out of line, we’ll either expose you for something you’ve done, or you’ll never get support for re-election.”

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The funding ACORN receives is a tiny drop in the bucket compared to, say, the billions that go to corrupt and reckless and irresponsoble military contractors. Congress should move to cut THEIR funding.

ACORN has been singled out by the right because it is a community organization and President Obama was once, many years ago, a community organizer. They also hate it because it has helped to register many people who have never voted before, and most of them registered Democratic.

The funding cut on ACORN is purely partisan politics. The right hates it because of what it does for people. The other allegations are mostly charges that have never been properly substantiated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join