It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic sexual abuse not a result of homosexuality? I say B.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Looks like the the coverup continues in the American Catholic Church. In a study comissioned by the American Catholic bishops, it was determined that the rampant sexual abuse of alterboys by priests was NOT caused by gay priests.

If you can believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

BALTIMORE -- Researchers at New York's John Jay College of Criminal Justice, reporting initial findings in their look into causes of the Catholic church's 2002 sexual-abuse scandal, yesterday said they can't attribute it to gay priests or seminaries for teenagers.

"We do not have data to support ... those assertions," said Karen Terry, lead researcher for the $1.8 million study commissioned by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, which is meeting this week in Baltimore.

Some Catholic leaders have contended that because 80 percent of the abuse victims were male, the crisis must have been caused by gay priests acting out. But Dr. Terry said she found that abusers were confused about their sexuality and had poor social skills, but had no clear pattern of homosexual behavior.

She believes that they abused boys mainly because they had access to boys. "Even though there was sexual abuse of many boys, that doesn't necessarily mean that the person had a homosexual identity," she said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Pittsburg Post Gazette

The study goes on to say that changes in Catholic seminaries resulted in a sharp decline in abuse after 1980.

Her findings were critical of the bishops for often ignoring victims' needs. But she credited the bishops with instituting seminary programs in the 1980s that she believes prevented later abuse.

Before those programs, Dr. Terry said, seminarians received little help to understand themselves as emotional, relational and sexual beings. "Clergy who, as seminarians, had explicit human formation preparation seem to have been less likely to abuse than those without such preparation," she said.

IMO, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck.

To claim that sexual abuse of young boys was not the result of gay pedephilia but, was caused by confused sexual identity and poor social skills is weak reasoning at best.

Dr. Terry's denial, ""We do not have data to support ... those assertions," , does not inspire confidence. This could just mean that the study's authors were not allowed access to information which could have proven otherwise.

Looks to me like the American bishops are trying to protect their own. Some sources have claimed that huge numbers of American Catholic bishops may actually be closeted gays. If this is true, it may be a case of the gay "old boys network" keeping their dirty little secret quiet.

In 2004 a reliable source of information about the Catholic Church in the USA made me aware of a document concerning American bishops. A small group of insiders in D.C. including at least one bishop compiled it. That document claimed and named 134 bishops they said were homosexual in orientation and/or behavior.

Are American bishops gay?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I don't understand.

Why would the Catholic Church NOT want to demonize homosexuality if that was in fact the cause of the priests' sexual transgressions?

Why cover for what the Church thinks is a the HUGE sin?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

The Church has undergone a long process of infiltration in order to destroy her from within;

Clerical abuse against children, charges of Mafia-style cover-ups, and the destruction of Catholic moral teaching are tearing at the Catholic Church, and turning the 2,000 year-old faith into fodder for lowbrow comedy.

An affidavit recently obtained by INA Today attributes the Catholic Church's present state of collapse to a calculated attack beginning decades ago, with initial successes appearing in the 1960s.

The affidavit affirms that Communist Party organizer and high Party official, Bella Dodd, made public statements during the decade of the 1960s declaring that the Catholic priesthood was infiltrated by numerous Communist agents, whose mission was "to destroy the Catholic Church from within."

Dodd later returned to the Catholic Church and published a book about her experiences, entitled School of Darkness (out of print at present).

Source

The infiltration of homosexuals into the seminaries happened during the time the communist infiltrators were at the height of their power in the church.

The infiltrators seek to suppress the knowledge of the gay infiltration in order to further the downward spiral of the Church through the loss of confidence by the faithful. They wish to make it seem as if there is a systemic problem within the Church to further erode her traditions and doctrine.

This is just the continuation of the ages old plot outlined in the Alta Vendita.

FEW Catholics know of The Permanent Instruction of the Alta Vendita, a secret document written in the early 19th century that mapped out a blueprint for the subversion of the Catholic Church. The Alta Vendita was the highest lodge of the Carbonari, an Italian secret society with links to Freemasonry and which, along with Freemasonry, was condemned by the Catholic Church. Fr. E. Cahill, S.J. in his book Freemasonry and the Anti-Christian Movement states that the Alta Vendita was “commonly supposed to have been at the time the governing centre of European Freemasonry.” The Carbonari were most active in Italy and France. In his book Athanasius and the Church of Our Time, Bishop Rudolph Graber quoted a Freemason who declared that “the goal [of Freemasonry] is no longer the destruction of the Church, but to make use of it by infiltrating it.”

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Well "homosexuality" means sex or love with someone of the same gender. So that kind of pedophilia is "homosexual".
However, that does not mean that gay men are interested in pedophilia. The first thing that psychiatrists disputed was the link between pedophilia and gay men.
Pedophiles care less about the gender than the age of the victim. I did various Internet searches, and there are several cases of female/girl-rape/abuse within the Catholic structure.
So if they rape little girls (when they can access them) then I can say these are heterosexual priests?
Pedophilia is a fixation of its own, and religion of any type (or where ever kids are found) will attract them.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

While I agree that pedephilia and homosexuality are not Synonymous, there does seem to be a prevelance of gay men seducing and converting young men/ boys in gay literature.

The gay subculture within seminaries is well documented and seems to be promoted and approved by above.

Goodbye, Good Men: How Liberals Brought Corruption into the Catholic Church exposes the deliberate infiltration by those who wish to change the doctrines, disciplines and mission of the Catholic Church. This radical subculture and its liberal mindset-one that accepts homosexuality and sexual promiscuity in many seminaries-threatens the future of the Catholic Church.

The gay subculture is so prominent at certain seminaries that they have earned nicknames such as: “Pink Palace” (St. Mary’s Seminary in Baltimore), “Notre Flame” (Notre Dame Seminary in New Orleans), and “Theological Closet” (Theological College at the Catholic University of America in Washington, DC). At these and several other seminaries, Rose found shocking examples of how, time and time again, chaste heterosexual seminarians are dismissed as unfit for the priesthood, while promiscuous homosexuals, and even those who have harassed, molested, or even raped other seminarians, are protected or promoted.

Goodbye Good Men

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
While I do believe that the ones that diddled little boys did indeed have homosexual leanings (i will fall short of calling them gay because i don't know them..they could be bi for all we know) I also think that part of why they did what they did is a power issue first.

but i also remember hearing on TV that part of the pedophilia allure is that the boys have smaller petite frames...making them "appear" to me more girl like..which seemed plausible..but who knows.

i agree..its kinda ignorant for them to blanket and say that there is no correlation...just as ignorant for anyone to say that all pedophiles who diddle boys are homosexual.

ahh..i see now that you addressed what i just said.

[edit on 12/11/2009 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
YOu are looking to peg it on the gay community? Is that why? Homosexuals can't molest children?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
www.aztlan.net...

Here's a little morsel the might shed some light on the inner workings of the Catholic Church.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The sabatours who infiltrated the Church are using gays & pedephiles to discredit the Church.

They have allowed and even promoted homosexuality and sexual promescuity in the seminaries in order that the resulting scandals would destroy the confidence of the faithful. They want people to believe that sexual promiscuity is the norm and celebacy and monogamy are unnatural. They seek to undemine the Churches tradition of a celebit priesthood by making it seem as if celebacy causes sexual deviancy.

This tactic may have done more harm to the Church than all others before it.

edit to add: This IS a conspiracy web site. This thread is about the conspiracy to destroy the Church.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by FortAnthem]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
www.aztlan.net...

Here's a little morsel the might shed some light on the inner workings of the Catholic Church.

Great find On the Edge.

This is exactly what I am talking about, the plot to destroy the Church from within.

Fr. Malachi Martin had for a long time maintained that Satanists had infiltrated the Vatican. Just before his death, Fr. Martin said that soon after the installation of Pope Paul VI in 1963, Vatican Satanists clandestinely installed "Lucifer" in a secret ceremony called "The Enthronement of the Fallen Archangel Lucifer". The ceremony was conducted at the St. Paul’s Chapel located within the Vatican. Pope Paul VI later wrote that ‘the smoke of Satan has entered the Sanctuary". Fr. Malachi Martin said that the incidence of Satanic pedophilia and its rites and practices was already documented among certain bishops and priests as widely dispersed as Turin, in Italy, and South Carolina, in the United States. He emphasised, "The systematic organizational links of the network,that had been established between certain clerical homosexual groups and Satanist covens had inordinate power and influence."

www.aztlan.net...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Glad you liked it!

I find it amazing how our world has changed since that event,too! I don't believe it a coincidence at all!

I think since that time,the restraints have been coming off more and more,as Satan does everything he can to manipulate the minds of men to turn against God and all He stands for.

Dark times we're in. Satan's "Availing Time".

If you get the chance to read,"Windswept House",I heartily recommend it.
Other books Martin wrote have been said to be just as revealing.

The Catholic Church is the Harlot in Revelation that gets it's power from the dragon(Satan).

The "mortal wound" often referred to of Revelation (13:12) I believe refers to the Catholic Church coming back into worldwide power. There have been some good studies done on this,if you're interested. (We're talking serious power here,too. Putting "heretics" to death again and everything.)

I would also recommend remnantofgod.org also,for a wealth of information about the Catholic church,from their own documents.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I admit, I am actually clueless about all this sexual abuse of children sort of stuff. I don't pretend to have taken a scientific method as to trying to understand it, nor to determine if the abusers of children are just taking advantages of situations. But..........a big BUT.......when I read articles about child abusers, doesn't it seem like most of them choose victims of the same gender? I don't mean their own gender, necessarily, but each offender usually chooses either boys or girls to abuse, rape or kill? I'm just saying......I am pretty ignorant of the statistics. Enquring mind wants to know?

Would it all-around be better if there were no "altar boys?" Well, yeah, but would it make a difference if there were equal altar girls? Would that reduce the numbers of sexual abuse cases in the Catholic Church?

I'm serious, folks. What are your thoughts? Is it just "opportunity knocked" and it just happened to be a little boy? Or, well, dang, it WAS a boy, you know, and I couldn't control myself.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

I just wanted to comment about the harlot in Revelation as being the Catholic Church. I went to various different denominated protestan churches when I was a child. At no time do I recall any preacher or Sunday school teacher speaking ill of the Catholic Church. But, it came to my mind, after reading Revelation a couple times, and gaining knowledge about the world in the Mediterrean at that time, it all just seemed to me, even as a child, that that last book in the New Testament had something to do with the RCC. The message I got from that book was that all things were becoming utterly turned about. The first shall be last, and the last shall be first sort of thing.

You know, kids have great insight into what is actually going on in the world. But as they grow older, they become poisoned, even by the most caring sorts of persons.

My kids had great ideas and philosophies at first, as do my grandkids. Great insight, and wonderful memories about the times before they were born into their present bodies.

Let's keep our kids away from idiotic religious nuts, okay?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have been shocked once or twice by what I consider illicit adult/young-teenage consorting. I once reached a site where I called our local police. I cannot say that there is not that filthy, perverted element.
But from what I hear it goes amongst heteros as well. They say in every congregation there's at least one 12/13-year-old girl abused behind perfect family pretence.
I cannot speak for the whole of "homosexuality".
Well, I'm a MSM - a man who likes (at least in theory, I've been celibate) sex with MEN.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Maybe it's Nazi mind control. There are some proximal, although no ideological, connections between Nazism & Catholicism. If the Nazis are close enough to you, I suppose it's conceivable they can get in some pretty devastating punches.

But I suppose there are plenty of alternate explanations.

I doubt very seriously it's caused by homosexual celibacy.

new topics

top topics

join