It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions and Answers from wall street's Self-regulation bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Article Source here:
www.google.com...

The House passed legislation Friday governing Wall Street, the biggest overhaul of laws covering banks and other financial institutions since the New Deal. Senate action is expected early next year.
Some questions and answers on the bill:
Q. Who does it affect?
A. Financial institutions, both banks and nonbanks; homeowners, borrowers and credit card holders; insurance companies; hedge funds; traders in complex derivatives; and securities rating companies.

I find it kind-of self defeating because according to this, it would be over-saw by the treasury secretary and the FED chief. It is almost like giving them even more power to prevent any recovery by releasing the numbers on the derivatives market which is (if I am reading that PDF correctly)valued at 604,622 Billion Dollars as of june 2009 or 60 quadrillion 4 trillion 622 billion dollars.

Source:www.bis.org...

by Comparison the world GDP for last year was 60,917,477,000,000

Source: www.cia.gov...

The news of which would send world inflation surging to un-heard of levels.

Sorry if this post is all screwy, I ran out of time to post it and this is also my first thread in a very , very long time.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think you nailed it. Who knows what this will allow them to do? Certainly not most of those who voted for it, why would they bother to do all that reading?
Sorry about the rant, it seems to be all I do these days... but this is not going to be a solution.
This is a very big victory for the bad guys, I think.

new topics

join