It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Observer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The other day I was listening to a quantum physicist speak on the radio about the double slit experiment. Electrons shot at a wall with two slits behave like a wave, until they are observed and they behave like particles. The theory he was working with is that we live in a multi-dimensional world which is full of many various potentials which all exist simultaneously together.

If this is the case, the physicist says, then in various dimensions there are different versions of us. In some dimensions I have made decisions and actions that led me to be rich and famous, in others, I might find myself homeless living on the streets, and in others there would be countless other potential versions of me living out countless other potential scenarios.

The difference in how the electrons of the double slit experiment behaved was the observer. Until observed the electrons exist in multiple locations as different potentials, but when observed the electrons collapse to one single observable measurable potential. Zapping the tiny world of electrons up in scale to include our various potential me theory the inevitable question arises of who decides which of the potential versions of myself is the Real one, the one that I am experiencing?

This is why I like quantum physicists. They are constantly dealing with things that they know exist, but still can not put their fingers on. Who is watching me, and collapsing all of the other potentials into the life that I’m living? God is watching me. God is the constant observer. He is the author and finisher of our faith, our lives, our hope of eternity and all that ever is or ever was. God is the observer.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sagestranger

Isn't it amazing how science is catching up to religion.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by sagestranger

Isn't it amazing how science is catching up to religion.

Yes indeed. I forget where I heard this, perhaps someone else will know but I once heard someone say...

When science finally crosses over the hill of understanding how the universe works, it will find religion has been sitting there waiting for it all this time.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

top topics

join