It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Cold War Rothenstein weapons bunker up for sale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

German Cold War Rothenstein weapons bunker up for sale

news.bbc.co.uk

An unusual property is on sale in Germany this weekend.

It contains dozens of once top secret tunnels inside a mountain, covering an area of 300,000 square metres.

The Rothenstein Security Depot was one of the biggest weapons silos in Europe during the Cold War.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So, considering the current economic situation, if you had the money, would you buy this property?

Are there many millionaires out there getting twitchy and looking for an insurance policy?

I'm interested to know how much this goes for, and I'm also interested to know when ATS members would head for the hills so to speak (watch the video).

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
That looked so cool, nearly 2 million euros, not a bad price either , I'll take 3.

Wonder how much it cost to originally build it?

Hope my numbers come up at the weekend.

[edit on 11/12/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Yeah, pretty cool. It's got a lot of potential don't you think? You could create a totally sustainable community in there, safe from Situation X. But at what point would you move in? What would it take to actually close and lock the door?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My son made this point, with 2012 drawing near, why would 'they' sell such a place? what is wrong with it? with 300 meters of rock above it, one would think it would be an ideal bunker to survive 2012, something fishy going on, unless 'they' know 2012 is not going to happen?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Maybe "they" might not let it go. It could soar in price at the auction or not even make the reserve price. I'm really interested to see what price it does go for. It's well within the reach of many celebrities and even groups of survialists.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong with it?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm surprised they would sell such an asset, surely any military could make advantage of it? Just because you aren't at war now, doesn't mean you won't in future, and a strcuture like that could come in very handy.

Though I guess in any situation like that, the government could just "commandeer" it for the duration of the war. So in the meantime they get some money and don't have to worry about its upkeep.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by AR154]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's just an old bunker of no use to the current German state. Bunkers have gone up for sale in the Uk loads of times, they are just surplus to requirements and cost money to maintain, which is in pretty short supply at the moment for most Governments.

It's guide price is about 1.5 million Euro's, so I expect it will go for around that price. I would also expect, given the track record for such things in the UK, that a company would buy the place as a secure location for something like a datacentre or records storage.

No point getting all uppity about "2012" and "them". It's a bunker and not even safe from a direct nuclear strike. Nothing special about it, apart from it's sheer size.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
its because
the only thing happening on the advent of 2012 physically is just what always happened. some good some bad.
what is going to be different in my opinion is something non viewable by the majority of the people un-evolved to see it. that is, a change in the engineering or blueprints that make up our reality . i dont know exactly what but probably something along the lines of a frequency increase in our physical and spiritual matter, or some other improvement spiritually.
all of this fear mongering for 2012 is just what it has always been, control by those in control to brainwash you into your fear based responses. so they can cattle you easier. wake up and think positive

all negativity is a gift of a chance at change and improvement
all positivity is just positivity

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I don't really subscribe to the NWO conspiracy or to any significant event occuring on or around the 21st of December 2012. I just think that the world can't continue on its current course and that within the lifetime of most posters, the world as we know it will change on a monumental scale. It might be necessary for the long term good of humankind. But along the way things may get really tough, possibly bad enough to hide away in a bunker.

At what point would you lock yourself away? What would it take for you to instigate your own survival plan?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
wonder how much building rights you have and what the costs of running the place are., ?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBacon

I think the bidding is supposed to open at something like 1.5million pounds ( I dont know or care how much that might be in dollars lol).

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Some crazy 2012 loon is going to purchase that as his/her hideaway.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Come on ATS members-get searching your pockets and down the back of your sofas for all that lost money.I'm sure we could all chip in and buy this bunker as the new ATS headquarters.
Not only would it possibly save us from the apocalypse,but we could also set up a go kart track down there,and have big parties.

Come on folks,should only be about $15 each if we all do it!

new topics

top topics

join