It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people going to live on mars??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Are people going to live on mars??

i was doin some research and i ran across this.. its states there are actual man made structures on mars .. and nasa has been covering them up . I dont know if this is actually true but let me know what you think . there are a bunch of links to this . plz dont hate this is my first article on ats ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.greatdreams.com
www.examiner.com

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i have some links that lead to a couple sites plz see for urself and tell me what you think as i stated this is my first submission so i would appreciate people to be nice lol i have bin on this site for awhile but i felt i should contribute ...
looking at some of the pics on these threads i see land formations and what looks like there could be asteroid impacts that make the structures but who knows?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Congrats on your first thread! Dont realy know about these so called "man made" structures on Mars tho. Im sure if you do a quick search you will find countless existing threads on it.

But to answer the Question in your title there...... Where the hell do i sign up. I cant wait to get off of this rock.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The first humans on Mars will not be on vacation....it will be a seriously hard life, faced with many known and unknown dangers...

Can you imagine going camping, and worrying about a rip in your spacesuit?

The physical and mental requirements for the first Martian pioneers will be strenuous, no doubt, and they'll have to have a variety of skill sets. Obviously, they'll have their specialty, but will likewise likely need basic skills in medicine, agriculture, climate, geology, astrogation, biology, and engineering.

I'd rather go after the resorts are up and running...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think with the discovery of large amounts of water on the Moon, it would be most likely we would build a manned base there first, especially seeing man has already been there a few times.

as for the structures, none of the photos i've seen convince me, but who knows.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well if it happens I'd go and be a ""Go-For" for all of the specialized people. Ever since Calvin and Hobbes went to mars in a red wagon, I've always wanted to do the same (well not in a wagon anyways). As for man-made structures existing already? Well I hope one of them is a bar because a glass of scotch on mars would be a dream come true.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
O-it will happen if we don't kill ourselves in the mean time. then again, maybe we already have been to mars according to some. I know this, don't sign me up because that place could get really boring for a while. I like the beach myself

Now if I could go inside that big hole on the mars moon first then land on that face I might consider a few weeks vacation to mars, however, I don't think I would like to be one of the first, we lost way to many spacecraft out there.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Maybe we already live on Mars. Some people will say thats insane, some will agree that its possible, and others will agree that its happening now.

I believe we have bases there and that we do not need a spacesuit to breathe the air there. I think they are slowly letting us know that Mars and the Moon are not the barron rocks that we have been led to believe they are.

Anyway, here is something that is very interesting that pertains to Mars. Whether you believe it or not is up to you of course, but its worth a listen when you have time. It seems you are interested in Mars and the possibility of life there, so you may enjoy it. I personally have been fascinated with space and the planets, but especially Mars, for as long as I can remember.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A few people may evenutally live on Mars, just like a few people live in Antarctica. A few scientists, explorers. But there will probably never be large-scale migrations to Mars. Too expensive. There will probably be some small human population in orbit around Venus, too. Maybe even making so short trips down to the surface, or working on a way to burn the atmosphere off enough to make it more habitable.

And by the time technology develops enough to get us to Mars fast enough to make it relatively safe, we'll probably just find a more habitable planet around some other nearby star to go to.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
demontigny, decided to take the plunge eh? Good form, and one of my favourite topics. I didn't quite get whether you're just discovering the Mars/Moon anomaly scene or asking about colonization. Either way, we will definitely live there, if not, as some believe, already...!

reply to post by Gazrok

I agree, although I don't think that the vacation idea will be far behind the initial landings. Space technology, industry and most importantly, commerce is about to break, and nothing's boosts development like private enterprise...

I've posted before that I'd bet on Bramson heading up a consortium to buy the ISS when it's up for decommission. An orbiting hotel doesn't have to be plush or even with service, the experience of being there is what people pay for, it's novelty is the luxury. There are plenty of people with the money for this, the Russians don't seem to have a problem filling their seats even now at $20-40 million. Galactic may seem ridiculous at $200,000 a seat, but that won't be for long, and it will be within bank loan reach for us mere mortals. Following the round trip services and orbital hotels, the second structure on the moon will be a hotel, and again with Mars. The beauty of these locations is complete security, governments wouldn't have to worry about any threats, it's not as if you can move from place to place there, so commercial structures could be constructed after a very short time, even simultaneously to the initial governmental constructions. These bodies are after all huge and blank, solitude is easily found.

It's going to be fast, and as I said, I believe it's about to start. Can't wait.

Sendran.

new topics

top topics

join