It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa Rosa Cheetah Tests Positive For H1N1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
cbs5.com...

A cheetah at a Santa Rosa wildlife preserve has tested positive for the H1N1 virus, marking what wildlife officials believe is the first reported case of the virus in a zoological setting in the United States.

Is this the first case of h1n1 jumping species? How is it possible that a cheetah catches H1N1 in a wildlife preserve? Any speculation on how a cheetah gets close enough to humans to be able to contract this virus? I am just scratching my head here.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Sounds to me like the Pharms want an excuse for mass vaccination of our cattle. Either to make another few Billion $'s or to kill them off and starve us. Perhaps even for both reasons

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It is not the first case of it jumping species. A lady in utah had a cat that tested positive for h1n1. about 1week ago or so.

as far as how? well how many people touch food prepared for the animal. a sneeze reaches a long way. someone sick, throwing popcorn, or who knows what into the cage.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by AKARonco]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKARonco
It is not the first case of it jumping species. A lady in utah had a cat that tested positive for h1n1. about 1week ago or so.

as far as how? well how many people touch food prepared for the animal. a sneeze reaches a long way. someone sick, throwing popcorn, or who knows what into the cage.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by AKARonco]

This jumped from Pigs, mutated and combined with the bird flu to become transmittable to humans? Now this virus has jumped to cats? THIS ISNT HOW VIRUSES WORK!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Another good question is why are they testing cheetas for H1N1 anway?
And another good one, how often do these tests give false positives?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Another good question is why are they testing cheetas for H1N1 anway?
And another good one, how often do these tests give false positives?

Intelligent thinking dashen!!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i live in santa rosa. will look at the local paper, the press democrat tomorrow! thanks!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Have either of these felines died?
If not, how about testing them to see how they fight it off?

new topics

top topics

join