It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Copenhagen deal fail?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mushibrain

Sounds good to me. But they don't want your solution to the problem. They want their solution. That's why they created the problem in the first place

I certainly agree that AGW is in grave doubt. However, cutting down on foreign oil and air pollution at the same time is something we all can do. It is interesting, though, that you rarely hear the AGW proponents talk about air pollution, other than to say that CO2 is a pollutant. Tell that to the plants that need CO2 to survive.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I have no problems with cutting the oil consumption. I have no problems with using other sources of energy, but I do have problems with solutions pushed by the elites.

If you think about it, how can one enforce the CO2 tax, cap and trade, etc? by preventing the oil supply to certain countries. This gives rise to the black market, where prices are inflated, no rules and regulations that can be imposed by the people in the open, no control over the trade. UN will have a legal right to control the trade of oil from say Venesuella. This is like Cuban embargo but on the large scale and both ways. Plus you get all the perks that come with global governance, CO2 futures bubble and the rest. You can reward some countries and punish other countries steering the geopolitics in whatever way you want.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Seems in her speech in Copenhagen, Ms. Hillary Clinton has all but promised those "poor" countries 100 billion dollars. Isn't that nice of her? Spending our money, money that this country doesn't have, to countries run by the likes of Mugabe, et al.

I realize that she phrased it as the developed nations will all get together to put the 100 billion together... Honestly now, who do you think will bear the lions share of that? Yep, you got it in one...

The United States.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Seems in her speech in Copenhagen, Ms. Hillary Clinton has all but promised those "poor" countries 100 billion dollars. ...
The United States.

I am dubious every time I hear those promises. If the promise is kept at all, usually it's in form of debt relief, or loans (to be paid back) or other strange vehicles, so poor people will not benefit, but US taxpayer will suffer. Great game.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Seems in her speech in Copenhagen, Ms. Hillary Clinton has all but promised those "poor" countries 100 billion dollars. Isn't that nice of her? Spending our money, money that this country doesn't have, to countries run by the likes of Mugabe, et al.

Gee, nice of her, especially since budget issues are SUPPOSED to be handled by Congress. Then again, with this administration, the Constitution of the US is the furthest thing on their (very small) minds.

BTW, I wish Al Gore would shut up about GW. Every time he opens his fat trap, we get a blizzard on the East Coast. In addition, he even brought one upon Copenhagen. Global Warming- WHAT A JOKE!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
So, has it failed or not?
I getting conflicting stories on ATS...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mushibrain
So, has it failed or not?
I getting conflicting stories on ATS...

Well its like this

we are a frog in the pot. whoever is in control of the heat of the pot is smart. instead of turning the water up to a bOil right away (where we would notice and jump out) he/she is turning it up slowly and soon it will be too late.

Progress was made at copenhagen.
A rough deal was made and obama/other leaders rushed off because of the snowstorm that day. (at least obama the article was semi unclear)

So yes it did not fail
the water just got a little Hotter thats all

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino
So yes it did not fail
the water just got a little Hotter thats all

Oh yes, gradual encrouching. that's the tactics, slowly but surely...

So they rushed off from the global warming meeting due to the snow
how ironic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join