It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Amazon civilisation disovered

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Then again, considering how well-versed the Incans were with irrigation techniques perhaps these(and the other garden cities)represent the 'learning period' that led to such expertise. Only time, research and excavations will tell.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well I for one am not surprised at this discovery. I think the more they "Dig" the more they'll find and the dates will start to roll back to even earlier and more advanced periods in South American Prehistory.

They date given so far is just the tip of the iceberg IMHO. Every civilization has a development period. I'm curious to see what relics come to light if any.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Exactly.

Like I said, with a whole continent in which to live, it would be more surprising if the pre-Colombian people living in South America only stuck to the Andes region. Why wouldn't they migrate to the lush Amazon region?

The only reason we didn't know about them before is that the Andes region is drier -- which means it's less likely that nature would "reclaim" the land quickly, and their construction material of choice was the abundant stone -- which means their ruins last longer.

An Amazon civilization was wetter and probably mostly made from abundant wood -- thus the wet jungle was more likely to reclaim the land, and their structures were less likely to survive the past 600 to 800 years.

[edit on 12/14/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

<< 1   >>

join