It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 Vaccine is being ignored by at least 55 percent of Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Interesting how the following editorial appears to contradict itself. On one hand it's saying that, because of Internet rumors, an excess or 55 percent of Americans are giving the H1N1 vaccine the cold shoulder and other the other hand it's saying that "educated adults" would not entertain the idea of consulting a blogger for "guidance on vaccines".

Apparently there are a good percentage of American adults doing just that. And my guess is that those adults are educated.

Oh and Jenny McCarthy isn't the only "anti-vaccine zealot". That describes me to a 'T'. I'll pass, thank you.

You know what this means right? Those that oppose the H1N1 vaccine will be/are counted as the enemy because, the way the powers that be see it, we will be/are contributing to agitating the current "pandemic".

A contagion of complacency is threatening to undermine the fight to contain the H1N1 influenza pandemic. The vaccine is the single most potent weapon against this dangerous pathogen, which is causing serious illness in children, young adults and pregnant women in Minnesota and elsewhere. Yet polls consistently show that Americans, who once clamored to get the shot, are recklessly putting their lives or their children's at risk by not getting the shot as the vaccine becomes more widely available. According to a recent CNN poll, more than half of American adults -- 55 percent -- said they do not plan to get the H1N1 shot.

Editorial: Reckless Disregard for H1N1's Danger

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Antoniastar]

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Antoniastar]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Yes, big pharma is very butthurt right now considering that their entire scam is falling down. Releasing a virus around the world and trying to dupe everyone into buying the antidote failed bigtime. The fact that the media is touting their line of BS is what I consider to be the bigger issue, and a scary one at that.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Last night I attended a banquet during which I was engaged in a conversation with a high school student. He holds down an after-school job at a local poultry farm who declared that all employees should get both the H1N1 and seasonal flu shot.

The student openly bragged to those at our table that the company rewarded him with a $50 gift card for complying with this requirement.

Now there's a way for Big Pharma to boost up that 45% figure! Just put some of those big profits back into the pockets of the victims.

I didn't have the heart to tell the kid that he wasn't the big winner in all of this. I am proud to be among those who would never submit to taking either vaccine.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Sounds to me like the smart half of the adult population has opted out. Good for them. I am among them.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Is going to be another campaign pro swine flu vaccination very soon when the seasonal flu starts to take is seasonal toll, the money that was already allocated for all those vaccines have to be recuperated of will become loses to the government and big pharma.

As of today big pharma stocks has taken a hit, while at the hype of the swine flu epidemic propaganda they were booming.

Is all about profits and money making.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Sounds to me like the smart half of the adult population has opted out. Good for them. I am among them.

I'll be one, too. But this thread is along the lines of my latest thread.
I had a theory about what would happen if TPTB don't want you to take the vaccine.

Maybe the way to de-populate Earth is without the "vaccine"?

Its not a bump, just a thread that states the other theory.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I and my children did not get the H1N1 vaccination. My son has autism, and his neurologist told me not to give him the shot due to multiple chemical sensitivities. Hubby did get the shot through work.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

I see your concern and I am glad you have an expert to help you with your decision.

Until this day I am only aware of one person that is actually infected with the swine flu in my neck of woods, a co-worker of my daughter in the bank she works, she didn't took the vaccine and neither of the adults in her family but she took her two daughters and have them take the swine flu mist, one week later she and her family became ill with the flu, but very interesting she was out of work for only two days and she is back at work, the swine flu wasn't severe enough or as hard as the seasonal flu in her words.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Those who ignore the vaccine and choose "no thanks" are in good company.

All the doctor freinds I know wont take it either. That speaks volumes!

S&F

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I know the UK has one of the lowest uptakes of the vaccine.. even in the targeted at risk groups..

Be interesting to see how this pans out next week when those super infectors go back to school..

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Every year I am surrounded by people who get a flu shot while I have never gotten one in my life.
Every year I am eventually surrounded by people with the flu while I have had it maybe 4 times in my life.

I am not sure what is true, what is not in all this but I know what has worked for me so far and I am going to keep applying that to H1N1 as well.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
...but this year isnt the h1n1 vaccine included in the regular flu shot? Think people are aware of that?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Same with me. I haven't had a flu shot since I was 10 or so and Have only had the flu a few times in my life. Actually the last time I can recall being really sick with the flu was when I was very young.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I don't believe in much of the vaccine conspiracies, but i would still not get the H1N1 vaccine for the simple fact that it is not lethal to the average healthy person, so why bother having unnecessary stuff pumped in to my body? Statistically i should be worrying more about the common cold than H1N1....which i don't do, so H1N1 isn't even on my radar of things to worry about if im being honest.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I am very much against vaccines....I always have figured that my body is strong enough to take care of itself....if there is a foreign disease invading, my body should be right on top of it fighting it and developing an immunity.

Problem is, in our over-medicated society we as a whole haven't allowed our bodies to fix themselves....we take medicines when we should be letting our bodies take care of themselves.

top topics

join