It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot - Being Investigated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hey there Dogdish,
Cool account.
There was a young man in the panhandle of Florida that had a late night sighting on a lonely road. He also commented on the economy of motion the animal displayed. Maybe BFRO is slow because the report is old. They look for places that are current hoping to find the creature is still in the area.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by Dogdish

Just to bump this thread again,

I sent a report to BFRO awhile back and it was published. (Wetzel County, WV)

So, good luck to you dogdish. Hopefully you keep us updated.

Hiya, thanks for the "bump". I read your BFRO report, very familiar from when I was chased as a kid.
I always thought WV would be a very good place to look for BF, seems it would be perfect for them. I don't know if you guys have the big, glacial rocks that we have (picture a 40 foot tall rock) but I was on top of one north of Pittsburgh around 1979 with a girlfriend, and I think we had one throwing rocks at us! It was actually very funny.

I don't understand why there's no movement from the BFRO on my sighting. Right after I posted that thread, I sent an email telling them to forget about it, I changed my mind. I got this in return: "I just read your Pennsylvania report. I am an investigator in Florida. Please reconsider withdrawing your report, our investigators are volunteers and with your report being received a couple weeks before a holiday, I think we should give more time for an Investigator to assign themselves to your report. We can talk to you about modification. Feel free to ask me any question that you may have about your concerns in the meantime."
I replied that; "okay, go ahead, investigate and report."
Now, it's almost a month again, and I just sent an email asking why.
I don't know if it's too old, as Zachi said may be the case, or if there's too high of a sighting to investigator ratio.

Maybe BFRO just needs more volunteers. I wonder if they cover travel expenses?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I don't understand why there's no movement from the BFRO on my sighting. Right after I posted that thread, I sent an email telling them to forget about it, I changed my mind. I got this in return: "I just read your Pennsylvania report. I am an investigator in Florida. Please reconsider withdrawing your report, our investigators are volunteers and with your report being received a couple weeks before a holiday, I think we should give more time for an Investigator to assign themselves to your report. We can talk to you about modification. Feel free to ask me any question that you may have about your concerns in the meantime." I replied that; "okay, go ahead, investigate and report." Now, it's almost a month again, and I just sent an email asking why. I don't know if it's too old, as Zachi said may be the case, or if there's too high of a sighting to investigator ratio.

What exactly did you expect?

Do you want them to jump in their vehicle and investigate every 35+ year old claim?

BFRO is a group of volunteers and just like every organization they are working with a limited number of volunteers and no funding.

Is there honestly anything more they are going to learn from you by a visit?

These investigators have real jobs and families and lives.

They are not Ghostbusters.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Haha! Thanks for putting it in perspective. It's just been so long I'm starting to feel foolish, now more so for my impatience.
I was also trying to point out that they would probably accept volunteers, should someone be interested. I will be, if circumstances change.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Dogdish, I think that BFRO likes their "volunteers" to be paid members. I cannot be certain on that tho.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

No, Dogdish, you should not feel foolish. I commend you for reporting to BFRO, and for gaining insight into the workings of credible organizations such as this one. And thank you for sharing your encounter here.

I grew up in Los Angeles, thinking BF was only found in the Northwest, and laughed at local news reports of sightings in the 1970's, believing all to be either from drunks or hoaxers.

It wasn't until a few years ago, when taking the same Sierra hike I'd done several times, I noticed an unusual branch/brush structure, laughing to my husband saying, "Look, a bigfoot nest haha." A year or so later I happened to run across BFRO, and to my amazement I found a Class A sighting from the time frame and area I was in.

Whenever I meet people who might have been in a BF sighting area (hunters, forest workers, pack station workers, etc.) I like to ask if they've ever encountered a BF. I've heard some interesting stories.

So for every story reported, I venture to guess there are a dozen never reported, which is why I'm glad you reported yours, if for no other reason than to get it on the record.

Oh, hey, I love your quote from one of my favorite films. Here's my favorite quote from Network
"There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only IBM, and ITT, and AT&T, and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those *are* the nations of the world today."

Happy New Year all!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I too have encountered a Bigfoot and like your story, it turned and walked back into the forest. Unlike your story it scared the living crap out of me. I'm not a hunter though. I just got the hell out of there.

Kewl story and I believe you. I know they are real, I've seen one with my own eyes.

My story is up on BFRO. I reported it and it was something like six months later they called me and asked me about it. They are not a very efficient organization. Give it time, they will call you too, eventually.

wupy

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Haha, again, I guess, skim through my thread, one of us missed the part where I was frozen with fear and took off outta there! I just decided to turn around and see where he went. (stupid me)
Thanks Desert, it's kind of you to say so. That's the way it was in the '70's, the reports were from the northwest, anyone else was lying or crazy. On your sighting, strange how we know what to notice, even when we don't know why.
And Zachi, yeah, they move really cool! That really stuck with me.
Well, thanks again mrwupy, for the heads up on the time-frame. I'll just relax a little about it.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Dogdish]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
You don't sound like you're mentally unstable. I always try to put myself in the shoes of the person who is relating the story. So I can ask my
self what I would have done. That would just clarify a difference between you and I in this case.

You could absolutly be turning a story of bear sighting into a bigger story.

I don't know if I buy this one or not it's a toss up.

What you do have going for you is I believe this phenomena exists.
So it is possible in my mind you are telling the gospel.
Also I'm familiar with a few of your other posts and you seem straight up.

What the hell this thing is, that people have been seeing for so long, I don't know.
I have always held firm to the belief they are something more than
just a flesh and bone creature.
Seems odd, but over the years, I have noticed striking simalarities between all aspects of paranomal activity.

Now you see me now you don't. Bigfoot, ufo's and poltergiests.
Ever notice how they all seem to play this mind game.

The Indians around Mt. Shasta use to believe it was inhabited with
"giant hairy devils". That these devils had magic and could become
invisible.

Try to catch them on film it's as if they know there is a trail cam.
It's as though all these things are motivated by one persona.
A persona that loves to make a fool of men and is capable of great mischief played out on mere mortals.
As if exploiting a lack of understanding to the max and getting a big
laugh out of it.

This all points to something these simalarities.
They always turn away and walk back into the woods.
Send dogs after it, people have hunted them.
It's always as if nothing was even there after the original sighjting not a trace.
Some thing that big you should be able to track it. A good tracker could easily.

I don't believe it.
It's 2010.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

[edit on 1-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that there are hundreds of species in this world that have not been discovered yet. including big foot.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
You don't sound like you're mentally unstable.

You should have a talk with the voices in my head, they may disagree!
(should've; but couldn't resist)

Okay, the "bear" thing.
I've seen many, many bears. I find them fascinating. They walk with their whole foot rolling across the ground, like a human, and their knees bend forward like a human. Elephants do that too. I don't think any other animals do.
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

*Here's an interesting story about that from 'Native American Lore':
"There Grizzly Bear found her. He carried the little girl home with him wondering who she was. Mother Grizzly Bear took care of her and brought her up with her cubs. The little girl and the cubs grew up together.
When she bacame a young woman, she and the eldest son of Gizzly Bear were married. In the years that followed they had many children. The children didn't look like their father or their mother.
All the grizzly bears throughout the forest were proud of these new creatures. They were so pleased, they made a new lodge for the red-haired mother and her strange looking children. They called the Lodge - Little Mount Shasta.
After many years had passed, Mother Grizzly Bear knew that she would soon die. Fearing that she had done wrong in keeping the little girl, she felt she should send word to the Chief of the Sky Spirits and ask his forgiveness. So she gathered all the grizzlies at Little Mount Shasta and sent her oldest grandson to the top of Mount Shasta, in a cloud, to tell the Spirit Chief where he could find his daughter.
The father was very glad. He came down the mountain in great strides. He hurried so fast the snow melted. His tracks can be seen to this day.
As he neared the lodge, he called out for his daughter.
He expected to see a little girl exactly as he saw her last. When he saw the strange creatures his daughter was taking care of, he was surprised to learn that they were his grandchildren and he was very angry. He looked so sternly at the old grandmother that she died at once. Then he cursed all the grizzlies.
"Get down on your hands and knees. From this moment on all grizzlies shall walk on four feet. And you shall never talk again. You have wronged me."
He drove his grandchildren out of the lodge, threw his daughter over his shoulder and climbed back up the mountain. Never again did he come to the forest. Some say he put out the fire in the center of his lodge and returned to the sky with his daughter.
Those strange grandchildren scattered and wandered over the earth."
*Selectively edited, the story ends with the children becoming the Native American Tribes. Link to story: www.ilhawaii.net...

Many bears; continued: Once, I had stopped on the side of a road at a spring to fill up a few water bottles. I had my dog with me so I let her out to get a quick drink. I was at the bottom of the spring, filling the bottles, and looked up to see a mother bear (standing erect) and two cubs about fifteen feet away and uphill from me. The dog hadn't noticed them, so I got her back into the car, rolled the windows up and let the bears have the spring.
I actually have a few unbelievable bear stories, U2U if you care.
I'm not actively turning a sighting into a bigger story, bear or otherwise. I understand the skepticism, it's one of the reasons I held on to it for so long. I really don't like to be in the position of having to defend my veracity, or feeling that I do, so that was considered and expected when I posted this.

Originally posted by randyvs
What the hell this thing is, that people have been seeing for so long, I don't know.
I have always held firm to the belief they are something more than
just a flesh and bone creature.
Seems odd, but over the years, I have noticed striking simalarities between all aspects of paranomal activity.

Now you see me now you don't. Bigfoot, ufo's and poltergiests.
Ever notice how they all seem to play this mind game.

The Indians around Mt. Shasta use to believe it was inhabited with
"giant hairy devils". That these devils had magic and could become
invisible.

Try to catch them on film it's as if they know there is a trail cam.
It's as though all these things are motivated by one persona.
A persona that loves to make a fool of men and is capable of great mischief played out on mere mortals.
As if exploiting a lack of understanding to the max and getting a big
laugh out of it.

This all points to something these simalarities.

I think you're absolutely right. Someday I'll (get up the nerve to) post more, and won't have any more 'evidence' than I do for this sighting.
It may well be a big joke, maybe just reminders that:
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Here's my post at Seagull's thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=337275
It's very interesting to me, to read this thread (probably the third time now) and see the development of your feelings toward this occurrence.
I went through the same progression of feelings during and after my encounter, and had kept his secret for over 30 years. I don't have any deep need to 'prove' his existence or hunt him down, for that matter. It's a very personal experience. You can see my feelings are still ambiguous after all these years: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I wouldn't discard the theory that he may be inter-dimensional, or that he may know you. The encounter has that other-worldly effect on your mind and body. As for him knowing you, in my case, my family pioneered the area. We have been in those woods alone for almost two hundred years. I've considered that I'm not the first in my line to interact with his. All this time, and I haven't even figured out my own feelings about this. It is a profound slice of life.
I'm glad you pointed out this thread to me, Seagull, as it shows that my own wavering feelings regarding the true nature of Bigfoot are at least, "normal".

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Dogdish]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Tracking is easier said than done. Some BF have been trailed for long distances, but they seem to enjoy walking in streams, bounding up steep mountian surfaces, or walking in rocky areas. Even walking in areas where there is a lot of leaf litter can be problematic. Dryness is another condition that's less than ideal.
As for getting paid - no. BFRO wants people who have been on a few expeditions (you have to pay to go) and have been mentored a little. They prefer police because of their interrogation skills. Not to cast doubt, but to get the facts - like Sgt Friday.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
For anyone who comes by this thread, here's the last update:
BFRO has published the account, as well as the follow-up account. I've been in contact with them, and will probably be visiting the area in a few months with someone from the organization.
It took over a year for this to appear on their site, so to everyone that told me so; you were right.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
As I've mentioned before I'm considering a small but serious trek into Ape Canyon. Please read my introductory topic so I can post in the crypto forum about exactly what's happening. But I do have a serious hunter who's married to my uncle's boss at Boeing. He logged Mt. St. Helens. and survived the eruptions, When I brought up sasquatch this completely serious man told me about when he logged how the helictopters would drop him into pristine wilderness never touched by man, or other innaccessable areas because of glaciers most of the time. And how he would be stalked and watched by them, how he would find footprints, and the tricks played to him at night when he would be hunting. He's a pro hunter that's lost an eye over his life outdoors so I take him completely seriously. He's offered to take me out and I want to go out there soon. If there are other people in the NW that are serious, leave me a message because this will require extreme commitment (as in getting dirty and tracking deep into the scariest parts of the woods). People have even died through these encounters or have been attacked in the area I'm thinking of scouting. We'll all be armed with plenty of ammo though ;-)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I guess this is a little late, looking at the last "last" update, but here is the link to the BFRO Report:

Note that during the phone interview I was asked if the head was conical. My answer was "no, not really, if you're talking about the Himalayan Skull Cap, and how pointy that was." Meaning, it wasn't 'pointed'. Hair may have obscured that detail, but I didn't see it as cone-head shaped. Also when asked if the arms were very long, I said they were long, but since most of the lower half of the BF was behind the log, I couldn't be sure HOW long, but that they could have been as long as to his knees, which was basically the extent of my view.

This is not to say that the questions were leading, or that they only heard what they wanted to hear. I think any miscommunication that may have occurred should be blamed on my poor phone skills, and some 'butterflies' from such an important call.

I kept telling her to picture Clint Walker covered in hair!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Really glad you updated this and and let us know how things were finally resolved.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm torn on the issue. I want to believe Bigfoot is real but for something that large to have never been found dead and no skeletons to be found is sketchy. But I've had experiences at night I can't explain. My best guess was those were mountain lions or bobcats moving in a tree in my case. But who knows. Worst of all is that every time a new hoax takes place with Bigfoot it just gives the naysayers more ammunition.

I realize that new species are discovered every year but nothing of this size. I guess I'm a closet beleiver.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hi All,

I'm bumping this old thread because there have been some recent developments in the area of my sighting:

www.bradfordtoday.com...

OMG! Saturday, as part of the Kinzua Bridge festival they held a "Bigfoot calling contest". I'm not really a believer of Bigfoot, and was busy Saturday, so I did not attend. But my girlfriend and I did attend the Bridge festival on Sunday Afternoon. As we were headed back to Bradford in the late afternoon, I got a glimpse of what looked like two large, dark silhouettes in the forest. I was able to stop the car and get the following amazing photos! They seemed to be heading in the direction of the Kinzua Bridge .... in the direction of the Bigfoot calls the day before!

Plenty of pictures at the link, if nobody notices this to post them, maybe I can get back later and take care of it, or start a new post.

In the meantime, feel free to use this for your own post! I'm involved in something right now, and may not be back until this weekend.

This is only a few miles from my sighting, many years ago. It's also right between mine and the Jacobson(?) pictures of the skinny adolescent or child Bigfoot from a few years ago. Actually, only 20 miles either direction to either of them from that photo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join