It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration Warns of 'Command-and-Control' Regulation Over Emissions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
The American people should be warning the administration of
a "Regime Change" in November 2010 and 2012.

Yeah; but I was under the impression that by then the powers would be in the NWOs hands rather than the American leaderships. Their hands will be tied.

One of those, "Woops! The rope that the human race was dangling by slipped!" things. Though I can't remember the specific references.

That is the reason that it is necessary to go about, "firing these people now", instead of waiting fur the full orchestration of these events which have all been designed by TPTB to culminate a little faster than, "accepted" methods of deterring them could actually work.

The bottom line has nothing to do with, "waiting too vote".. Simply the leadership needs to be replaced now; no matter how long it is between votes. People WILL wish they had gotten up off of their, "dumbed down arses, and cleared these sickest of people out in time.

Really that's not going to happen. We really are behind schedule.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Thank you marg6043,
In the UK they are already caught up in this mess. What happens is if you become more environmentally friendly and produce less carbon, then those credits go to a larger polluting country with more manufacturing. What a sham!!! The only way that we could be one of the larges polluters is by shipping all of our manufacturing over to China, where they have no regulations on pollution what so ever.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Tick

Hey, but giving money on top of that to those countries after most of our industrial base has migrated already to China, India and Asia, you know that America is not longer an industrial leader in the world anymore, that is the reason most American companies has been gone out of the US, because the lax laws in those countries.

Now Mexico is suffering too, do you know that Mexico is losing their companies to China also? oh yeah they are now to become just like the US after we lost companies to them also now they see better pastures in China.

Sorry to say that very soon in the US we will not be able to even afford cheap crap from Mexico because we have no jobs to pay for it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Plants must absolutely have co2. You can check the fallacy out yourself when you realize that in the hobbyist scene that by growing plants in c02 chambers or planted aquariums with added amounts of co2 plants thrive, become lush, and become more disease resistant.

For instance the industrial greenhouse nearby runs their c02 levels at 1200ppm because it makes the plants thrive and be available to market much sooner than growing in "normal air". This is the same from cactus, tropical houseplants, to garden vegetables.

If you look in the specialty trade there are c02 tablets available for planted aquariums or to be mixed with water and given to plants to give them a huge boost.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Okay everybody! You can discontinue the 8th grade biology lesson, or was it 6th? (Think it was 6th grade, actually).

I understand this is a cycle. Plants convert co2 to oxygen in a process called photosynthesis. Gotcha. Humans need the oxygen to breathe and survive. Gotcha. Most of our oxygen comes from the seas, (I think it's around 80%). Humans convert 02 to co2, which the plants then (yada yada yada.) So, now we are on the same page? Yes? Right? We all understand the process.

The thread, to my understanding, was not focused on a sixth grade biology lesson. It is political, or am I mistaken?

Here is something to think about: How did the plants survive before industrialization? ??? With no pollutants being pumped into the environment, they managed to become lush in jungles, forrests, and oceans. With no industry whatsoever?

In fact, how did vegetation manage to survive before man? ???

The planet has managed itself quite well, without human intervention.
Co2 is toxic to humans in high levels. The plants are fine. They have plenty of co2. It's other things that are dangerous to them. Such as man. Polluted streams and rivers. Acid rain.

All this pollution has been about money. All of it, with no care or consideration given to our planet, or posterity.

The United State is an industrialized country. There are others who are not, but who wish to pull themselves up and out of the 3rd world and poverty, and they have a right to do it. Perhaps they will be kinder to our Earth than we have been.

And with that, Peace out. This thread is not what I thought it was going to be.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ziggy: There are several things i will need to disagree with you on. Some car manufactures are suggesting you change oil every 7.5k miles now and diesels which are even dirty suggest a 10K mile oil change and have no spark plugs. And when it comes to the spark plugs there are differences. copper = awesome performance but wear quickly, iridium is the best of both worlds and platinum is just hard so it last longer. And bosch 4+ prong plugs... do your self a favor and remember that electricity only takes a single path.. the one of least resistance.

Another point of yours is people not maintaining their cars, not easy when you have high taxes to pay, are under employed and every simple job costs almost 500 bucks. This is why if it can be done, you need to buy quality to begin with. Higher price to fix, but will break down less. OR learn how to fix it yourself. Trust me, there are alot of parts on the car that it could do without.

Last but not least, please realize that Diesel trucks put out about 10 fold what an automobile does last time i read (before the new diesel fuel standard) and they only get about 4-6mpg. Bout the same as a hummer

Before you go spouting out your random facts check them first. I will be happy to find info on the above posted if anyone wants it.

Now on to the EPA.... I am glad they are showing their true face and showing so many spy movies. So many people are now "obtaining" movies because they cannot afford them or in the least are better shoppers and look for good deals. I beleive a similiar scenario will happen with all this taxation. People will be vocal by circumventing the system and allowing it collapse. Its and old martial art technique, use the enemies energy against them. So right now people are learning more, being more frugal, which in turn means they pay less taxes, which support the GOV less, which eventually will lead to open turning on us.

Till then educate yourself, and thing outside the box. Put forced morals asside and start doing what you feel is right.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If these taxes end up getting enforced.. I will quit society.

If you quit society, you can no longer be a slave to society because your no longer part of it. I've always wanted to quit society.

Now where do I go from wanting to quit society to actually quitting society ?

I think that would mean living in the wilderness like the aboriginal people did before we destroyed their way of life.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So would you get tax twice for mowing your lawn? Once of the carbon released from your lawnmower and again for the grass you kill. It make sense but it is not they guy mowing the grass who needs to pay the tax.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think that we are seing the beginning of the end of the EPA. Too many people are going to hold their Congresscritters responsible for this. The heat will become too much and good bye EPA. I just hope that this CO2 ruling can be tied up in the courts until after the 2010 elections.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
ladyinwaiting,
I appreciate your stance on the subject and I side with you in many ways, but over taxation and over regulation with destroy our society as we know it. Yes manufacturing should be a third of what it is would wide. There is no need for all of the useless junk that fills our land fills. But if this carbon tax gets pushed through you and I would not be able to afford anything. It will become to expansive to build or by a home. To pricey to travel, and you could forget about owning a car or truck and God forbid a SUV.

With all do respect, there is no such thing as acid rain, which we were thought about in the 5th grade.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
They know their agenda is failing, and this move simply shows the desperation.

If they feel they have to sidestep congress to make this happen then that also shows how corrupt the current administration is.

Apparently they believe that the American people and congress are too stupid to know what is best for them.

Meanwhile another half million new unemployment claims were made while this administration has been so focused on climate and health care.

The Obama administration has failed on nearly every policy they have been involved with... Most importantly jobs, hundreds of billions spent and no real jobs to show for it. Thousands more losing jobs every week... and it is getting worse.

Perhaps it is best to keep us focused on other things?

This administration wants you all to believe that they can spend their way out of these problems.... They tell you that they can spend and spend and spend... Trillions of your tax dollars and it is going to be "deficit neutral" and without raising taxes to pay for all of this new spending and social programs.... Fact is... they a betting on new taxes and hidden taxes in their health care reform and energy policies to bring in enough new revenue to cover all of their spending... But it will not work if millions are out of work, and millions more losing jobs, businesses going under and others simply not willing to take the risk of investment that would create jobs because they know this government will simply tax the hell out of them.

If they don't pass cap and trade and health care reform as they want it, they will have wasted billions of dollars on a foolish bet.

This EPA threat aimed to motivate congress more than exposes the desperation in the Obama administration... It should show you just how corrupt they really are.

I sincerely hope they completely fail on every aspect of their agenda, and perhaps with a decade or two the damage can be repaired and Americans can get back to work.

They are destroying our nation, and they aren't going to give up on that easily.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by The_Tick

Sorry to say that very soon in the US we will not be able to even afford cheap crap from Mexico because we have no jobs to pay for it.

I contest your conclusion; the trade deficit is a big, fat, lie. A politically convenient lie. See, we take in a LOT more in income than we put out. Because we sell things like inventions, management, movies, music, ie mind products. So they are not considered part of the 'trade'. Now, it is indeed a problem for those of us who cannot think that well, and make any money from that. One of the reasons for the necessity of higher education now. No college? Try WalMart or McDonalds. All the manufacturing is only a small part of the whole economy, but where most of the money is earned by the non-educated. According to 'free-enterprise', the manufacturing jobs are going where the worker costs are lowest. So either get educated and do something for a much higher income, or move to China.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join