It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PHOTO: The Moon, Like You've Never Seen It Before

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Great pics on this thread. I have a collection of Moon Pictures I study.. I am convinced if we are going to find anything really awesome and wild out there.. UFO wise or other.. the Moon is where we will find it.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Someone else also posted about this a few months back, and there were some interesting links and pics on that thread - Awesome to see the moon like this

Maybe someone has the link to that thread

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If I did not know better I would say that it looks like there is vegetation and body's of water there.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
great - awesome - pictures.......

Thanks all for links and posts...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is by far the best full moon pic I've seen. Look at how blue Aristarchus is!!!
CLICK HERE PICK IS HUGE

[edit on 9-12-2009 by W3RLIED2]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wow, this image is fantastic. I've never seen anything quite like it...the way it's colored is really strange, did you mean "colorized' As in it hasn't been touched at all, or did they add the greens and blues?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
woops nevermind

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Idomaths

No they did not add any color. I believe its either and 8 or 10 inch telescope that is privately owned in the UK. The color's are natural as seen through the telescope using a 'moon' (light wash) filter over the lense.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
If you think that is spectacular, then check this one out.

www.rc-astro.com...

BTW, S&F

Some will be able to view Luna, the Earth's Moon in 3D but when you view the

Moon in the 4th dimension you realize that the Moon is a Stargate or

Dimensional Portal. ^Y^

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Thats a pretty damned high resolution picture for 1995 isn't it?

heh, so that guy who colourized the moon and made a documentary about how its not grey was right >
and it takes until NOW for them to show us it "officially", doesn't surprise me anymore, hope it doesn't surprise you guys either.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Here's a pic I took in the back yard. It had to be sized down for ATS. It didn't cost $50 million. You will need to right click and then click on View Image. What do you think?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ff5367d26db.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The shot look amazing, the moon almost looks alive. Wait till Richard C Hoagland gets wind of this one!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Great pic Jim. What kind of equipment did you use to take that?

Would love to see others, do you happen to have any pics of the sun, I know its extremely difficult to do so.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

NASA recently released a colorized photograph of the moon, assembled from 18 images taken through a green filter by the Galileo spacecraft. The solar landscape can be viewed below in unprecedented detail and richness of color. Photo below. See the full size image from NASA

NASA Picture of Moon

And that is why they won't show public photos in color or in the real color of the landscape of both Mars and the Moon. It shows in better clarity the different craters and I would say the different items that may be on the moon. I also makes it alot harder to say that it's a shadow or something when you can see the difference in the color photo.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Just wanted to thank the OP for that spectacular image of the Earth's Moon. I love it so much its now my new screen saver!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Wow! beautiful! S&F! (making one my desktop now!)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
reply to post by Jim Scott

Great pic Jim. What kind of equipment did you use to take that?

Would love to see others, do you happen to have any pics of the sun, I know its extremely difficult to do so.

It's a Canon 20Da and an 11" scope. You need special equipment to see the sun details. I have shots, but they aren't well filtered like sun shots you see with prominences.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

video to that

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
possibly the LHC? thats my guess

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Its funny you should post this picture because only a few weeks ago i was watching the video that basically makes you see the moon in a whole new light or should i say colours. Apparently the moon isnt in fact the white and grey planet we see. The reason we see it the colour we do is due to the colour eing distorted and diluted due to various radiations etc and also through our atmosphere. Here is the link but there are more.....I note at first this does seem ridiculous but hey have any of us actually been there and seen it for ourselves. Also the earth looks like the moon from the halfway point between.
www.youtube.com...
there are around 9 videos
also please watch this its in the wrong section but
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join