It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Accept Nobel Peace Prize as War President, Address Afghanistan Troop Surge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Obama to Accept Nobel Peace Prize as War President, Address Afghanistan Troop Surge

abcnews.go.com

There is a bit of irony that just 10 days after announcing the deployment of 30,000 more American troops to Afghanistan, President Obama will accept the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize tomorrow in Oslo, Norway.

The award, which the Nobel committee said was for Obama's "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples," comes as he presides over wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and faces an American public that is increasingly skeptical about the U.S.-led efforts there.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ironic indeed, but what else can we expect in a world gone mad?

Nobel "Peace" prize for expanding warfare exponentially, and defending torture / war-criminality, as I reported in the following thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What's down is up, what's up is down, more Alice-in-wonderland lunacy where war = peace, and the beat just goes on and on and on...Sigh.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of Obama, but when it comes down I do believe that he knows information that we just simply don't know. Let's get real. After his presidential party their was an interview with him after he was debriefed on information. He seemed very unsure of himself then. Anyone recall that? So.. Gotta police the world

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

That sound AWEFULLY familiar to the same thing we heard going into Iraq, and even years into the conflict--How there were things we simply didn't know, and how it there was the potential for this, the potential for that, and that we must take "preventative" action to remove the supposed threat. And it seems this same status quo just keeps bamboozling us into endless warfare and atrocities, year after year, and the public has just swallowed this for ages.

The good thing is, I think people are FINALLY, slowly but surely, starting to see through this nonsense of perpetually SELLING us on war, death and destruction.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by Jordan River

That sound AWEFULLY familiar to the same thing we heard going into Iraq, and even years into the conflict--How there were things we simply didn't know, and how it there was the potential for this, the potential for that, and that we must take "preventative" action to remove the supposed threat. And it seems this same status quo just keeps bamboozling us into endless warfare and atrocities, year after year, and the public has just swallowed this for ages.

The good thing is, I think people are FINALLY, slowly but surely, starting to see through this nonsense of perpetually SELLING us on war, death and destruction.

agreed. what is retarded is Bush mission accomplish party. How... Retarded.
I agree but we must realize... No one is going to do a God damn thing about it. All we do is eat 1$ double cheeseburger from mcdonald's and bitch online like it means something. I think the internet decreases the threat of people getting together at the whitehouse and making rallies demanding the government to do something. we lost our 60s way.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
A Nobel Peace Prize for War?

Wait a min didnt obama already had an Peace Prize?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think this completely destroys the integrity of the nobel peace prize for at least a generation.

If Obama had any integrity he'd NOT accept the prize. Most americans think he is not deserving.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I know he doesn't deserve it,
the committee knows he doesn't deserve it,

Hell, even Obama knows he doesn't deserve it.

But it is just an award. Kinda like giving a trophy to a last place team.

In the end it doesn't mean a thing.

It doesn't improve the economy, it doesn't address the issues, nor does it change policy.

Obama, Congratulations. Enjoy the award.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell. It also sounds like double-speak from his book 1984. War is peace!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well, looks like he accepted it, so it's official, war = peace.

US President Barack Obama on Thursday accepted the Nobel Peace Prize, paying tribute to activists who have taken on governments around the world while uncomfortably acknowledging his role as a leader at war.

Obama's elevation to a pantheon of winners alongside the likes of Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa and Martin Luther King before he has even spent a year in office has sparked international criticism.

I got a particular chuckle at him "paying tribute to activists who have taken on governments around the world"...Funny how he IGNORED his own activists who were screaming and yelling in protest while he he handed his masters in wall street and the banking industry billions of their tax dollars. lol

Full story:

rawstory.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
What do you think he's going to do with that million dollars they give to the winner? Maybe he can help with the bailout... Didn't they said that it's illegal for the president to accept money or title from another country?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If anybody had paid any attention to Obama's campaign, they would have known that part of his platform included continuing the war in Afghanastan! He made that CRYSTAL CLEAR!! CRYSTAL CLEAR!!!
Yet for some reason "progressives' and others act like this is a big shocker. Don't blame Obama because you didn't LISTEN at all, and somehow expected him to automaticaly do the opposite of Bush!
People are amazing!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Umm, that has NOTHING to do with what we are discussing here dude. Stay on the subject---Obama accepting the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE while EXPANDING warfare. I am not surprised about his policies, I heard him loud and clear banging his war drums during his campaign, and knew what he was about.

THIS is about him being HONORED as a PEACE activist while concurrently enforcing these war-mongering and proliferating policies.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
I think this completely destroys the integrity of the nobel peace prize for at least a generation.

Like you say, gore now obama, got this prize lol.

Will obama get an oscar too for his acting, lol.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Gee dude (:lol
, the whole reason people are bitching is because of Afghanastan.
Obama didn't nominate himself, or award himself the prize. The commitee might have known his stance on the war, YA THINK? So it's their criteria, not yours or mine. So who would qualify in your opinion?

[edit on 10-12-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You have to wonder what were they thinking?

How do you give the Nobel Peace Prize to someone who hasn't done anything yet.

His presidential campaign talked about getting the US out of the wars but as President, he hasn't done anything yet.

I think this was a bit premature.

Perhaps in the next few years Obama will actually earn the prize but right now, I'm baffled.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have to admit, that I can not get my head around this..

I just has me stumped as it doesn't make any sense..

Oh well.... Everyone keeps saying these would be interesting times, but I guess no one has ever said any of it would make sense..

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
They should have given him another prize while he was there for attempting to give up US sovereignty by using climate fraud.

If successful the USA will eventually be brought down to 3rd world status, and will give up control of its energy policies to a global governing body.

Such a monumental plan, nearly in its final phases is indeed worthy of the Nobel Peace prize!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Obama did provide some great quotes in his acceptance speech...

"I am the Commander-in-Chief of the military of a nation in the midst of two wars."

"I'm responsible for the deployment of thousands of young Americans to battle in a distant land. Some will kill, and some will be killed."

"Of course, we know that for most of history, this concept of "just war" was rarely observed."

"Moreover, wars between nations have increasingly given way to wars within nations. "

"I do not bring with me today a definitive solution to the problems of war."

"...mindful of what Martin Luther King Jr. said in this same ceremony years ago: "Violence never brings permanent peace."

"I cannot be guided by their examples alone. I face the world as it is,"

"So yes, the instruments of war do have a role to play in preserving the peace."

"I believe that force can be justified on humanitarian grounds,"

"-- my accomplishments are slight."

Is there an echo?

Actually, when selected for this prize Mr. President, your accomplishments were nil.

But that doesn't matter now does it?

You were suppose to focus on your war against the American people, and our capitalist system... Not on conflicts overseas. But perhaps eventually you can accomplish both and win even more prizes eh?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Good point. He already class warfared us into oblivion with his approval of trillion dollar wealth transfers to his puppeteers in the banking industry, now he's gotta continue feeding his other controllers in the war-profiteering industry. He gets kudos all the way around from the elitists raping the populace endlessly. All special interest agendas continue right on cue without missing a beat.

<<   2 >>

join