It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Planning New Stimulus Package Rooted in Green Jobs, Sustainable Growth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This looks like step one after Copenhagen. Let's get everyone on board now. Humans are destroying their planet. Obama must do something.

With unemployment numbers finally inching in the right direction, President Obama announced a broad new spending strategy Tuesday that he hopes can grow this economic “green shoot” into green jobs. Speaking at the Brookings Institution following a White House jobs summit and a trip through Pennsylvania steel country, Obama outlined ideas for a new federal stimulus that would focus largely on small businesses and greener infrastructure projects, such as energy systems, as well as new financial incentives for people to retrofit their homes for energy efficiency. It would involve a holistic approach that would take into account the effects of robust education, health care and financial systems on the country’s economic well-being, the president said.

This is obviously a pro Obama publication. I have no problem with that. I just have a problem with the fact that he is using the whole climate thing. I knew this stuff was coming.

The president didn't specifiy a cost, but leading Democrats suggested $75 billion to $150 billion; the recovery package approved by Congress in Feburary was $787 billion. Obama said his plans would both “meet the crisis of the moment” and lay “a new foundation for the future.” The crisis of the moment is the current economic recession, but the problem Obama is trying to address is a much broader, much older one whose causes run deeper.

The older and broader problems they are referring to is the whole fictional global warming thing. I do not like the way this is going. I really don't.

solveclimate.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If this goes through they are going to destroy the economy, and it is going to have the exact opposite reaction than they are hoping for.

Their thinking is lets collapse the economy so people run to the government for help. Not going to go that way. People are sitting here watching as they pull one stupid policy after another. People are not going to run to the gov. for "help".

Now they are pushing these "green" jobs because it will be the new religion. I'm not that much into the bible or religion or anything. But I remember watching a video of a guy reading some scriptures from it, and I remember him saying something about the last Empire being built from "mayer(sp?) and clay".

Now put "green" with that and what do you have? An Empire built from "mayer and clay". Maybe one of the more biblicly inclined can correct me about that. And a whole bunch other stuff too. But that just clicked in my head as I was typing this response.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I'm not sure which passages you are referring to. Although I did come upon this one.

Revelation 11:15-19 Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever! " 16 And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying: "We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, The One who is and who was and who is to come, Because You have taken Your great power and reigned. 18 The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth." 19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.

Notice the bolded text. And should destroy those who destroy the earth. That is interesting. I believe this requires a little more investigation. I just came across that.

Edit to add, good stuff in that post my friend. Star for sure and thanks for the reply. You have me thinking now.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Okay I got it, I misheard what the guy said. What it really says the 4th kingdom will be made of iron and clay.

39 "After you, another kingdom will rise, inferior to yours. Next, a third kingdom, one of bronze, will rule over the whole earth. 40 Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron—for iron breaks and smashes everything—and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others. 41 Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay. 42 As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. 43 And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.

Daniel 2

Now look at what is happening with Copenhagen (I'm linking to an ATS thread just for general discussion purposes). The countries are starting to split, at the conference that is supposed to set up a framework for World Government.

Prophecy? I don't know, I know I'm not a prophet, so I could be completely wrong, but I do find what is happening and the similarities describe in the text pretty stunning.

new topics

top topics

join