It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Interesting Tarot Deck Card, wouldnt you say?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Interesting how THE TOWER of the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck is similar to what happened on 911. You know, with the people which leaped out to rather fall to their deaths? Interesting the meaning of the card....

The Tower divinatory meaning: Misery, distress, ruin, indigence, adversity, calamity, disgrace, deception. Reversed: According to one account, the same in a lesser degree, also oppression, imprisonment, tyranny.

Was 911 a deception? Was the fact that it was able to happen a disgrace on our intelligence part?

These Tarot Decks are no joke.
I suggest you all buy some from a book store. I use the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck myself. But for now you might want to use google image to see the card I'm talking about.

Interesting how it's only one tower and there will be One World Trade Center (formerly known as the Freedom Tower) with one tower to replace the destroyed World Trade Center which had more than one tower. Maybe the reversed meaning has a role in such then. What do you alll think? Any further insight into why the card matches both ways? It matches the old and the to be new tower all in one drawing.

More to notice...

Notice that "One World Trade Center" is a close name to "One World Government."

Notice in the card's drawing that the king crown-looking top is shot off which can mean disgrace to the new world order. I say new world order since the two falling are lined up equally in their fall.

Notice the opposite of Freedom is the reversed meaning imprisonment.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Tormentations]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca88c48b38c3.jpg[/atsimg]

Yes, interesting.

S/F

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It looks like Superman flying down to save that lady.

Just sayin.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Split the Roman numerals apart and scramble-

V I X

Split the X apart -

V I I I

6 1 1 .

Now, flip the 6 upside down.

Yep.

Extreme reach or something more

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Signals]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The eye above the Tower in Aleister Crowley's tarot deck may have some significance:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a6442d24748.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Now now... I fully realise that 9-11 was deeply traumatic to the American psyche, but you must understand that the symbolism of the Tarot derives from many cultures & represents architypical human emotions, thoughts & situations. The essence of a useful reading is to understand & relate the allegory to the question, not, for example, to draw The Wheel of Fortune & assume it means you'll soon be on a game show, or that somebody will give you a nice car...

Notice that "One World Trade Center" is a close name to "One World Government.
Yes. Also close to "One World Paranoia", which is close to "One Idea Paranoia", which is close to "No Idea Paranoia".

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

You are neglecting the additional meaning of "orgasm"...lightning strikes the tower, the falling men are the sperm...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It's nearly impossible to exhaust every association and "meaning" from any Tarot card, but the falling tower in Tarot and what happened to the WTC Towers are nearly identical symbols.

1) Erection of the towers symbolizes accumulation of power and wealth.

2) Destruction of the tower(s) represents loss of power, wealth, and an over-all change in the hierarchy of power.

9/11 was an extremely pivotal event and an archetypal representation of the forces represented by the tower card in Tarot. Almost like tarot came to life that day, as far as that card and the Twin Towers go. The Tarot cards are supposedly to archetypically represent these kinds of real energies in the world, and they played out to a T with the symbolism on that day.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Do you have any other links to this? When was this deck created?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Revised edition came out in.....** 1911 ** .
Used in the 007 flick "Live & Let Die".....Solitaire (Jane Seymour) used 'em (yum).
Wiki Link

Sorry for the hijack Tormentations...where did you go?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
After further delving into your link the original date of this card was published in 1909
Look for yourself

All writings about it aren't very helpful probably just a Coinky Dink (coincidence)
www.sacred-texts.com...

I stand corrected if its not a coincidence
The Ayin expresses the same hieroglyphic as the Vau (6), but materialized. It is the sign of Material sense. Again degenerated, it expresses all that is crooked, false, perverse, and bad.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Read it again...cards revised in 1911.

Hmmmm....Live & Let Die filmed in New Orleans.....Katrina disaster....911...NYC disaster....

Have I gone off the deep end with this one??

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
from Wiki - " In 1911, a revised version, The Pictorial Key to the Tarot was published featuring 78 black and white plates of each card in the deck."

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I must be tired or something I thought I already posted this
I don't like to read things again unless they are complicated (or some other valid reason)
From wikipedia after clicking on the picture of the card
Published in 1909
The second link goes into history more

It won't let me post the link for whatever reason
en.wikipedia.org...(Tarot_card)

http:// en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/ The_Tower_ (Tarot_card)
Just take the spaces out or something
That page gives this link
home.comcast.net...

Over the years I've managed to acquire five different versions of the 1st edition RWS (Rider [publisher], Waite [conceiver], Smith [artist]) Tarot deck. This page is dedicated to both Arthur Edward Waite who conceived the deck, and to Pamela Colman Smith who designed and executed the artwork (both of whom will be subsequently referred to as Arth and Pixie). Arth and Pixie embarked on the journey to create this deck in early 1909. By the end of that year it first appeared in a boxed set with The Key to the Tarot (which did not become The Pictorial Key. . . until after 1910).

Deep end or no?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino

I must be tired or something I thought I already posted this
I don't like to read things again unless they are complicated (or some other valid reason)

Yes, must be.
No need to get quippy...and we digress. Obviously you have some experience with these cards, mine was very brief and almost 20 years ago. Thanks for the input

Funny, I normally only get my panties in a wad over my Threads...OP is MIA.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Never messed with tarot cards in my life (seems silly)
just spent five minutes or less clicking on your link

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
The eye above the Tower in Aleister Crowley's tarot deck may have some significance:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a6442d24748.jpg[/atsimg]

Thoth Deck. Hmm. Lady Frieda was REALLY on something when she did those. That "93" current is just too out there for me.

Hanson Roberts or Witch's Tarot for me thanks.

Has anyone here "worked' that path? Its not fun.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca88c48b38c3.jpg[/atsimg]

Yes, interesting.

S/F

It seems they are falling into zero ground. Ground zero is the name of the place where the destruction went down. Even more pointing it out. Very interesting indeed. Art can be powerful. Or the artist of The Rider-Waite was something, but what?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I was going to mention this here on this forum, and was looking to see if it hadn't already been mentioned. That Rider Waite tarot deck originally came out around 500 years ago. So, one could say that 911 was already predicted 500 years ago.
A lot of people have a separation consciousness - way of thinking. Whereas various topics etc. are interlinked. Here there's a connection with Astrology. With the tarot card there's fire penetrating deep within, with an explosion of ways of thinking - changing the world of matter, concepts and previous ways of thinking. What they thought was a fortress (and security in e.g. reckoning that is what must be), was actually a prison. That also sounds like 911 and its after-affects.
We are nearing the end of the Age of Pisces, in this transition to the Aquarian Age. In the Piscean Age, humanity was very much in the physical earth, out of touch with the heavens. So, humanity reaches out with its very materialistic and duality ways towards the heavens. The duality is represented by the twin towers. Duality, with the separate creations, is actually an illusion. There should be Polarity, with some of both. 'God', or rather Uranus (the ruler of Aquarius) with his unpredictable lightning bolts, strucks down these towers of illusion. In the Tower tarot card, the duality is represented by the man and woman being flung out.
Even 911 in numerology has spiritual significances - both 9 and 11.
This would also link in with another time in history - the Tower of Babel. That was also humanity trying to reach the heavens with its very materialistic ways, and the tower being struck down. That was in (and probably near the end) of the Age of Taurus. (Around 4,000 to 2,000 B.C.) That was also humanity being very much in the physical earth, out of touch with the heavens - the previous time.
Someone interestingly said that there's another link between the 2 events, with the invasion of Iraq - where the Tower of Babel was.
According to an Astrology prediction, can be like another time in the far future. That is towards the end of the Age of Capricorn. (Around 4,000 to 6,000 A.D. (according to our calendar).) Humanity being deep in the physical, with its very materialistic and duality ways, tries to reach the heavens in a tower. 'God', or rather Jupiter (the ruler of Sagittarius - the next Age) strucks down this tower of illusion with his thunder bolts.

new topics

top topics

join