It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOw many people have MRSA and dont know it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
www.morgellons-disease-research.com...

How many people have MRSA and are not being told why they are sick and led down the road to disinfo?
www.morgellons-disease-research.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zeuseadam

Huh?

Are you saying MRSA = Morgellans? Because I don't think this is correct.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The correct question has nothing to do with disinfo. The correct question should be "How many people are carriers of MRSA, and don`t know it because they aren`t sick?" A large number of people carry MRSA, and never get sick from it. Most hospital workers are carriers because MRSA began in ICUs. They take it home, it spreads to their families, etc. But none of these people get sick from it.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Why exactly would a physician want to give a patient "disinfo" about a bacterial infection? It's not a chronic issue, so there isn't any "blood money" to be made of it, and there certainly aren't any therapies beyond antibiotics which would give the patient any relief, so it's not as if they can peddle a more expensive alternative.

I've treated many, many cases of MRSA on my rotations, mostly in the ICU as the poster above mentioned. It's an easily diagnosed disease when the patient shows symptoms (rather than being a carrier) and is incredibly easy to treat, as long as the patient isn't allergic to vancomycin.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have all the symptoms and clyndamiacin cleared it up for a while. am not allowed to have the antibiotic you mentioned because I have to rely on the state since www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I think it is very possible a lot of money can be made from a bacteria like this....

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zeuseadam

There are actually quite a few antibiotics that will treat and clear up MRSA. It just that the usual one are much less effective against it. I got it in a blister on my toe, and between daily cleanings and the antibiotics, it was gone in two weeks. I am however almost 100% a carrier. Both my parents also had it, and my mother was a nurse, the most common group of carriers.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
When it comes to the increase of infections and mutations of pathogens, I most always put a blame on the CDC and their lax guidelines. I was a hospital worker for years, retiring in the late 90's. The infection control guidelines set forth by the CDC just kept getting weaker. There used to be strict isolation procedures with gowns, gloves and sometimes shoe covers when treating an immunocompromised patient or a highly infective one. As of recent years, wear gloves and wash your hands. It seems that we have had a tremendous rise in staph aureaus and other bacterial diseases since the guidelines were changed. Just as there became a new surgence of tuberculosis when the sanitariums were shut down.
There have always been staph carriers.

Correct me if I err here, but I think staph epidermitis was not pathological and only staph aureaus was pathological. I have read that staph epi is growing and also becoming disease producing.

Another reason for MRSA, that is in my opinion and I am not a pharmacist, is that in hospitals ,for years, when a patient was admitted there were routine orders especially for elderly and chronically ill people. i.e.
1. Admit
2. Bed rest
3. I.V Ringers Lactate
5. ect
6. Claforan 1g q 6 hours. yada yada (cephalosporins were the new sliced bread)
7. sputum cultures, urine culture, dadada

While Claforan is hishly effective against staph aureus , it is not effective for MRSA. I really believe this may have caused the super bug to be born.
For some reason, Gorillacillins simply would not work any more.

I guess a person does not know they are a carrier unless they have persistent boils or folliculitis or something but I don't think you ever really get rid of it...you are always a carrier.

Just my opinions.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by catamaran]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The simple answer is "a lot." People carry all sorts of bacteria with them all the time, and most of it doesn't make us sick. For example, I happen to be Group B strep positive. Doesn't make me sick, but when I was pregnant, I had to be super careful because it could have been disastrous for my unborn daughter.

MRSA can be the same way. It rides around on a healthy person and generally doesn't cause problems. But then again, sometimes it does. Unfortunately, MRSA cost me some of the hearing in my left ear in 2005. I got an ear infection that didn't respond to first round of antibiotics, so they tried another one. After that one didn't work either, the doc finally took a culture. Surprise! MRSA. There are a number antibiotics that work on it most strains of it, but they're not the first line of defense unless MRSA is already suspected. I took a course of one of the effective antibiotics and the infection cleared up. Unfortunately, by that point the damage had already been done.

When most people hear MRSA, they think of catastrophic infections or open sores. MRSA can cause regular old sinus, ear, or other common infection. Sometimes the body can fight it off without intervention, and sometimes it can't.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by sweetpeanc]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well I have MRSA and am forbidden antibiotics that work by clackamas county health while my way of work is sold on American TV and people in our shadow gov set online pharmaceutical business, and worse.. true enough conspiracy???
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I see lot of Vietnam agent orange vets being treated for MRSA infections.

Agent orange seems to weaken the immune system making these vets more likely to get a MRSA infection or are a carrier

This plus the fact that though they were checking the staff at these VA hospitals they had a had a high number of vets coming in and spreading the infection.

I know before my heart surgery they did the A nasal swab to make sure i was not a carrier and would not transfer it to others in the cardiac care unit or transfer it to my own surgical wounds

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I have MRSA but have been refused the nasal test and the right amount of antibiotics for the right amount of time by the state of oregon health care.. soon all Americans can expect the same treatment.
It is senator Ron Wyden and congressman Earl Bluemenhour that know completely I am left to die of this by the government who is supposed to be protecting its citizens.

la2

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
who said you have MRSA?

new topics

top topics

join