It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez: Venezuela acquires thousands of missiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Chavez: Venezuela acquires thousands of missiles

news.yahoo.com

CARACAS, Venezuela – President Hugo Chavez said Monday that Venezuela has received thousands of Russian-made missiles and rocket launchers as part of his government's military preparations for a possible armed conflict with neighboring Colombia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well lets see , a month or two ago Chavez warned his people to prepare for war with Colombia and possibly the U.S . Yesterday there was a story about Chavez's government seizing hold of 4 privet banks to create a new national bank and now today this , Venezuela receiving arms from Russia . I think it's a safe bet that something is in the works for Venezuela in the coming days / months .

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

chavez knows as much. colombia is the 51st state now that they have all our military bases. chavez has known the US is after him ever since the coup in 2001.

i have no idea why we waste so much damn money screwing around down there.

the people down there dont want us there, and if you want to stop the drugs throw the 30,000 troops on the mexico border and disband the drug running cia.

but we will never leave south america alone. neo colonialism will continue.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

chavez has known the US is after him ever since the coup in 2001.

Wouldn't it just be easier to have gotten rid of him through an accident then to let him build up an arsenal? I just find it strange that so many say we are after him, yet he continues to do his own thing.

Unlike OBL, we know where Chavez is.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Just what do you think would happen to Chavez if he targeted the coc aine fields and refineries in any such war with Colombia ?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Given the weak, waffling, apologetic passive impression from the current US regime in power Chavez's alliance with the Russians and acquiring weaponry, taking a provocative stance is a wise tactical move with no threat of any kind of reprisal.... In fact he should form an alliance with Iran and North Korea and when ready launch a war on the USA.

President Obama would beg for diplomacy... and likely offer serious concessions, perhaps giving up Texas and California along with trillions in freshly printed US dollars.

Good move Chavez.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

the coup in 2001 is a perfect example actually. we invited the coup leaders to the whitehouse before it was launched to talk with then president bush. the coup was launched using the upper class. we immidieatly recognized the coup government and had chavez arrested, he was set to be deported to some secret cia base or something offshore when caracas literally exploded with protests. they demanded chavez be returned and we had to give him back and delegitimize the coup. talk about egg on the face.

the lower class is to loyal to chavez. so is portions of his millitary. we could blow him out of the sky or something but everyone would know it was us. the lower class would be ungovernable.

its complicated chess. but the coup we launched in honduras worked. so the cia figured how to get zelya and didnt repeat chavez errors. but believe me we are still after him. he knows it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

I think you are right , " he does know it " . And given the current state of world affairs as well as diminished opinion of the U.S as a " World Leader " I see more little disputes and challenges down the road , not just in Venezuela .

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The most similar people in the world today are Russians and Americans. None of us give a damn about drugs. In fact, many of us like drugs, and alcohol too. It's all talk talk. If it wasn't we could turn it all to dust in a night.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

I have to wonder , what major illegal drug producing nation does the U.S not have there army stationed in ?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Their are steps that the CIA uses. They have used it for decades.

Look at Iran, Iraq, any number of other countries.

Look for a book called, Confessions of an Economic Hitman.

Coups, economic instability, social instability, rigging elections, open war etc etc.

It has happened before, it will happen again.

The only thing that never changes is the fact that TPTB make money off war, chaos, instability.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by factbeforefiction

I have to wonder , what major illegal drug producing nation does the U.S not have there army stationed in ?

Exactly Max. And you can bet we're holding hands with Russia. We likes are drugs my friend, from the Afghan poppie fields to the Columbian coke and all the weed in between. If you have drugs, send them to us, and a bottle of Absinth to wash it down.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Honestly it’s very simple, World War III calls for population reduction of 2/3rds of the Globe and that includes the United States. We have to have real enemies that can really strike us with conventional weapons.

It’s all staged and it’s all theatre and it’s not even done very convincingly in my opinion. The reality is Venezuelan Heavy Crude can only be refined in the United States. It’s not light sweet crude but heavy and they don’t possess the refineries for it.

Neither does China and neither do Russia.

You have to understand that just as there is a war on our middle class there is a war on Venezuela’s middle class as well. World War III calls for the elimination of the Middle Class Worldwide and Venezuela had a thriving one. Venezuela is a large country loaded with resources and farmland.

Chavez’s job was to eliminate Venezuela’s middle class, just like narco-terrorism has eliminated Columbia’s.

World War III is not going to be a pretty thing, the Military Industrial Complex has been working on preparing for it non-stop since the end of the last World War, we are soon going to pay the price for allowing that to happen and ignoring our own Constitution.

[edit on 7/12/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Right on Proto - I wish I could flag you. Look for an mp3 posting around the end of the third page in the link I have in my signature fil below. It is an interview with a whistle blowing Colonel who tells exactly the time and plan that the US troops will be attacking the United States.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
The reality is Venezuelan Heavy Crude can only be refined in the United States. It’s not light sweet crude but heavy and they don’t possess the refineries for it.

Neither does China and neither do Russia.

Interesting...

You may be on to something there Proty
Shell pulls out of $9bn refinery plan in China

Royal Dutch Shell has pulled out of a proposed $9bn (£5.5bn) refinery project in China, in a sign of the difficulties faced by western oil companies seeking to profit from the country’s rapidly rising demand for energy.

Shell’s decision could create an opportunity for BP, which has talked about its ambitions for expansion in China.

However, analysts warned that the poor profitability of China’s refining industry meant that any investment in the sector might prove unattractive.

Shell had been planning to take a stake in a joint venture led by Sinopec of China and Kuwait Petroleum to build a refinery and petrochemicals plant in Guangdong, in the south of the country, but said on Friday that it was pulling out “due to strategic and commercial considerations”.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Chavez prepares Venezuela for 'US-provoked war'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13643566c29c.jpg[/atsimg]
Source

Chavez who accused Washington and Bogota of planning to stage war against his country announced that thousands of Russian missiles and rocket launchers were being received by Venezuela as the country is preparing for a possible military conflict.

"They are preparing a war against us," Chavez was quoted as saying by the Associated Press. "Preparing is one of the best ways to neutralize it."

[edit on 8-12-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
IMO if Chavez is the dictator in waiting that his critics claim he is then the arms will be meant to quell any attempted up risings from the locals . The way Chavez blames the US for his policy or country's failings does fit the MO of a Middle Eastern dictator . Still its also possible that the arms are intended for convental use in which case I would expect Russian advisor's to be thrown in with the deal .

Cheers xpert11 .

top topics

join