It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More fear mongering or genuine threat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Is this more fear mongering or a genuine threat that DHS Napolitano cites? I think its odd that she states this during an American - Israeli Friendship league meeting because Israel is SOOOO against the end of the war. For them its a money maker. And of course she is trying to bolster business for her agency in my opinion, but the real threat is that people who make these type of statements scare me because they often end up backing efforts to "stop terrorism" by using methods that infringe on the American people's freedoms under the guise of protecting the homeland.

Quote from article - Addressing the America-Israel Friendship League in New York, Napolitano said a string of recent domestic arrests should "remove any remaining comfort that some might have had from the notion that if we fight the terrorists abroad, we won't have to fight them here..."

Washington Post Article

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

And, is there a hidden meaning to the fact that she nows uses the term "terrorism" instead of "man caused disasters"? Remember, back in March, she chose that phrase because "...it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear..." Does this signal a return to "politics of fear"?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by WTFover]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Sounds like more incompetence from the people that are running the country. She is the one that wants to grant all the people illegally in the country Amnesty and also campaigned against sealing off the boarder. Then her freaking boss just order 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan.

I mean what the hell. Next thing you know they are going to be pointing fingers at people when everything goes to absolute hell. Freaking idiots.

join