It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Giant African Land Snails, Batman!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
These are the most gigantic snails I have ever seen!! They don't seem nearly as repulsive as their American cousins, but apparently they can transmit meningitis through their mucous. Yuck!!

According to the report in 1966 a kid smuggled 3 of them into Miami and they were let go. Within 7 years there were 18,000 of them and it took 10 years to get rid of them all.

Federal health officials have seized several dangerous pests called Giant African Land Snails from Wisconsin classrooms and have started a national search for the creatures, which reproduce rapidly, destroy plants and can transmit meningitis.

Snails have been seized in the past month from Wisconsin cities including Big Bend, Menasha and Milwaukee. Officials so far have not found any others elsewhere.

They are concerned the snails, about the size of a person's hand, could be transported to states with warmer climates, where they can rapidly reproduce and destroy plants.
www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
They'd be ok boiled in garlic sauce if it wasn't for the meningitis !

Hand me the snail repellant batspray, Robin !!!!!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Pull off their shells and make them slugs....

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
That's mean, it's not their fault they're all, slimey...

I have a friend that has two Giant African Land Snails, and they sure don't transmit meningitis! If I'm not mistaken they can live for decades, I could be wrong though...

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
They transport meningitis huh??? better not let the "terrorists" get a hold of these...Gezz they could let a massive amount of these go in the subway or something

Its called realy slow biological warfare...be on the look out for middle earstern men with almanacs and giant snails

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by McGotti]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
i know...its nearly impossible to run away from one of these....

new topics

top topics

join