It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Jesse Ventura saying something make it true?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura gets a conspiracy show and now you all take whatever he says as the blessed truth of the sweet feathery Jesus. What makes his show any different than the countless other shows that have covered the same exact topics ad infinitum?

Jesse Ventura was a professional wrestler. Did that make wrestling real? Everybody goes on and on how all politicians lie, until one of them gets his own conspriracy show and now he is the beakon of truth.

Jesse Ventura is a performer. Making money for entertaining his audience. Jesse Ventura doesn't know anything about HAARP, 911 etc that anyone else doesn't know. He is just a commentator and you would get about as much knowledge from Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs.

By the way I am waiting for the Dirty Jobs episode where Mike becomes a crackwhore from Philadelphia for a week. Now that would put the DIRTY in Dirty Jobs.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The geezer was a navy seal, taught to lie. Been a wrestler, and then a politician.

So like you i have my doubts. People need to make money and even though he sounds good sometimes, i still have my doubts.

If he is sincere, good for him, but i have my doubts. At least people are being opened to some things because of him, so maybe he will wake some up.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
Jesse Ventura gets a conspiracy show and now you all take whatever he says as the blessed truth of the sweet feathery Jesus. What makes his show any different than the countless other shows that have covered the same exact topics ad infinitum?

Jesse Ventura was a professional wrestler. Did that make wrestling real? Everybody goes on and on how all politicians lie, until one of them gets his own conspriracy show and now he is the beakon of truth.

Jesse Ventura is a performer. Making money for entertaining his audience. Jesse Ventura doesn't know anything about HAARP, 911 etc that anyone else doesn't know. He is just a commentator and you would get about as much knowledge from Mike Rowe of dirty jobs.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by HotSauce]

Few of us give him any more credibility than the next guy. But sorry I've never seen your TV episode covering HAARP. What did I miss? Oh, whats that? You don't have one covering HAARP and he's one of maybe one with a TV show on HAARP. Oh, well thats probably why people were watching it and making a big deal about it then. There have been books but people like the TV show... still waiting for the movie which no doubt would get even more attention than that regardless of the producer.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Oh you mean like the 90 other documentaries done on HAARP. None of them ever prove anything beyond their are a bunch of antennas in Alaska.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
He didn't say anything that was that remarkable, he just found the people who did have remarkable things to say with experience to back it up. I happen to like Jesse, but the content of the show stands on it's own merits. Be your own judge of things.

He showed several real world examples of the technology in use so you could see it's effects. Hard to refute that.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by wanderingwaldo]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Jesse saying something doesn't really mean anything one way or the other. However, people who want to bash facts will bash Jesse (and Charlie Sheen) based on their "character" rather than confront the issues.
20 Questions for the President

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
wait, aren't we supposed to believe everything we see on television??

i don't care if its jesse, dr. phil, oprah or carrot top...if its on tv its as good as an encyclopedia in my magazine.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I heard Ventura on alex Jones a few months back and every time Alex mentioned a particular conspiracy, Jesse just said, "eh...eh.. i dont know much about that" or "i cant comment on that Alex".

I believe Jesse is fighting the good of the people, although he is not the cleverest or the most well read guy, but I also believe people like Alex jones just use these guys to get moe ratings/$$$

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I think I saw the same one you're referencing, and I was amazed at his expertise a few months after he said he would look into it.
I really like him. The career choices he's made have much more to do with how he attacks a challenge, rather than what's easiest or sleaziest.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Everything Jesse say's is the truth. why ?? you may ask.

because if you challenged him in person he would swiftly suplex you, before applying the cobra clutch and making you admit you are wrong.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
because if you challenged him in person he would swiftly suplex you, before applying the cobra clutch and making you admit you are wrong.

Obviously you never saw him wrestle.

arm bar --> hair pull --> slide out of the ring and shout at the crowd while posing.

top topics

join