It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MOD shuts down UFO investigations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Video describing the MOD shutting down it's UFO investigations, claiming a $50,000 a year savings, could this be a sign of an upcoming disclosure or not a sign at all?
Why would the MOD just shut down like this?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is a sad day in ufology mates.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

Britan's openess, on the subject has always struck me as a great step forward, but now...I just don't know what to make of this.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Sounds pretty familiar to me!!! Remember the verdict in the US after project Bluebook was closed?

"In response to the Condon Committee's conclusions, Secretary of the Air Force Robert C. Seamans, Jr. announced that Blue Book would soon be closed, because further funding "cannot be justified either on the grounds of national security or in the interest of science."

Sounds like the UK has just decided on the exact same thing!!!! what a coinky dink.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

$50,000 a year?! That's what, one fairly well-off person's salary or two not-as-well-off people's salaries? Mist drops in a bucket...

And to make it worth something it'd be better to go and divulge everything they've found through it.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by mike3]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mike3

Exactly, so why cancel this program for so small amount of money?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
reply to post by mike3

Exactly, so why cancel this program for so small amount of money?

Do you not understand government bookkeeping, with $50k they can pay for a job for someone that will last 3 weeks. $46k to do a study, manage, slip a little to SEIU, get a lawyer to write it up, institute a claim that 50k jobs were saved etc etc etc.

Sorry just had to.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I don't think it was the MoD's choice to make....but then...I have no proof that can be validated so...that's just my $.02

A2D

top topics

join