It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO allies rally to Obama request with 7,000 more troops for Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

I don't know, i'd like to think that we will yet take another step in our evolution and move beyond this so we can truly appreciate everything life has to offer us. It has to come to a boiling point at some point in time. And evidence in our past has shown that at the beginning of any new age (aquarius this time) there are great transformations in our evolution that take place. Maybe thats what 2012 is really all about. We are now witnessing the complete breakdown and destruction of our current system. The financial system is in a mess, wars everywhere, hunger, disease, etc.. The US is going thru an systematic internal breakdown in every part of its society, countries that were once third world are slowly moving into first world status because of this. Our knowledge of the universe and the world we live in is constantly growing, our communication between us all has taken us to new levels that people like you and me can even sit here and talk about this.

We are also starting to find out little secrets here and there to our beginnings, creation, which is helping us propel into something greater.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by eArth33lr

Edit: Make that a triple post! Are laptops a pain or what?

[edit on 7/12/09 by plumranch]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Double post, laptop's fault!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Here, here, you and Bigfoot are waxing entirely too ideological! Can't you see that we can have change and advancement as you say, eArth and fight wars at the same time? We can (and probably will) do BOTH! Afterall that's' what the human race has been doing for hundreds, if not thousands of years!
At some point, however, our wars will become much more sophisticated! Can you imagine what a battlefield will look like in 50 years?

I'm being a bit tongue in cheek but heh, I'd bet I'm not far off the mark!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

whoa dude hang on a sec! i said yes it would be nice to not have war but it is human to have wars and people have NEVER gotten along. someone always wants something from someone so they kill them to get it or make them bow to their religious beliefs. i don't know how my post misconstrued you to me being idealogical but if it did i'm sorry

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

i don't know how my post misconstrued you to me being idealogical but if it did i'm sorry

Well then you're not then, LOL! But I do pretty much agree with you that the wars will continue!

Edit to add that BTW the reason we all are in the gene pool today is because our relatives in the distant past were cautious enough, paranoid enough and when confronted aggressive enough to win or stay out of harm's way. Those traits worked well but aren't necessary for life in the burbs, down at the mall, or the cashier line at Wallmart! But that IS the way we are.

It is also what makes it difficult to really trust our neighbor, makes us vote for the candidate who talks the toughest, and makes it difficult not to shake our fist at the guy that cuts in front of our car!

Today the guy or gal that gets the job is the one that is the coolest, nicest, smartest, most composed and self confident. If we could just throw away all those neolithic genes that are holding us back! Or at least if my neighbor the brute could!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join