It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the ancient astronaut theorey is not crazy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I have always loved this idea, the video sounds quite old but it is so right.

Watch how the isolated tribes worship the planes which fly past, and treat them as gods.

Could the same thing of not happened in the past?
If the ancients where alive today they would call us gods.

The tribe even made a religion about the plane, building a hay plane and lighting fires.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
i think its the most likely evidence aliens do exist and have visited earth.
the cave drawings and artifacts cannot be ignored.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
i think its the most likely evidence aliens do exist and have visited earth.
the cave drawings and artifacts cannot be ignored.

Thing is why do they have to be aliens?, When ever I think of the ancient astronaut theory I go with the Richard E. Mooney slant... they werent aliens, they where us, WE are the aliens, we just decided to stay for a while
sure there are 'aliens' as we currently think of them but ancient astronauts where more or less us, before what ever happened that kicked us into a primitive spiral.

Its the same way the black guy worshiping the plane is no different than the pilot sitting in it. Its just a difference of understanding that divides em.

Could the same thing of not happened in the past? If the ancients where alive today they would call us gods.

Given some of the feats they did, and what we slowly uncover and what some people assume they could do, id think they'd more or less think of us as equals, not gods... they did some pretty damn amazing stuff back then, in some ways even more impressive than our own.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well if the art shows ancient astronauts we might look at other art to test it's validity of other theories
Ancient 4 legged men:
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
I mean you can cherry pick ancient art to form whatever theory you want.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yer I'm cool with the idea of ancient Astronauts. There surely has to be intelligent life in the universe somewhere, Sure as f**k ain't any on planet Earth!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Video is funny.

They are worshiping airplanes, but how come they are not worshiping the person with the video camera. If planes are godly, then the video camera should be some kind of alien weapon that sucks the souls out of humans.

Come on... this video doesn't help the cause. This video kind of reminds me of the "Faces of Death" series.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
** Disclaimer: This is not an attack on you the OP, but rather a commentary on the link provided. **

The video is NOT documentary. It is FICTION. They are actors, the script was written by a non-native, and a fictional story was portrayed using these people as actors. I'd like to point out also that it's completely racist. Tribal people have contributed thanklessly to human technology a great deal, and continuously referring to them as 'primative' or upholding videos which clearly show a eurocentric vision of 'dumb natives' is way beneath all of us.

They are wearing wigs for christsakes.

Everything on TV is NOT real.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodline
** Disclaimer: This is not an attack on you the OP, but rather a commentary on the link provided. **

The video is NOT documentary. It is FICTION. They are actors, the script was written by a non-native, and a fictional story was portrayed using these people as actors. I'd like to point out also that it's completely racist. Tribal people have contributed thanklessly to human technology a great deal, and continuously referring to them as 'primative' or upholding videos which clearly show a eurocentric vision of 'dumb natives' is way beneath all of us.

They are wearing wigs for christsakes.

Everything on TV is NOT real.

Might want to research up on the Cargo Cults of the New Guinea region. The Video is fiction, but the premise is very real and as such isnt racist at all. Its annoying so much history cant really be enacted since its considered 'racist' to bring it up or portray it.

The OP is mainly just pointing out that given such events have happened and are known to have happened and still on occasion do, then why not between early man and interstellar explorers?

Edit:- that 'OP was mainly pointing out' bit isnt an attack on you bloodline
just in case you take it the wrong way.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think that if aliens landed back in ancient times we have a little bit more than some little paintings that could be anything. I mean really wouldn't they have taught them better things than how to roll blocks, or how to cut a rock?..I mean lets get serious and think logic, where is the great technology they brought or showed them, what the so called Bagdad battery, lol, seriously folks. There is no evidence, or proof that aliens visited ancient people, and there never will be because it didn't happen. Logic tells you this, all you have to do is listen to it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You will find that this has happened many times in the past. There is a new show called "Meet the natives" in the travel channel, where they bring a few members of the Tanna island to the USA. These peoples mission is to find Tom Navy who came during ww2 and helped the bring peace to Tanna.
www.travelchannel.com...

"Not a whole lot is known about the mysterious figure of Tom Navy besides the fact that he was an enlisted member of the United States Navy and that the native people of Tanna revere him and consider him to be the head of all their Prophets. This “out of the ordinary” group of ‘Prophets’ was no other than United States Navy recruits who were serving during the days of the Second World War. The weapons these navy men carried were considered to be “out of this world” by these naïve natives and of course the various food items they saw with these ‘Prophets’ was so different than anything they had ever seen that they thought it had been brought down from the heavens for them. In addition to all the goodies, their head prophet, Tom Navy, gave them these new rules to life and covenants to abide by if they wished to be successful in the afterlife and be blessed with a blissful life in this world."
www.khurak.net...

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Elieser]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
John Frum America
en.wikipedia.org...

"Followers of John Frum built symbolic landing strips to encourage American aeroplanes to land and bring them "cargo". In 1957, a leader of the John Frum movement, Nakomaha, created the "Tanna Army", a non-violent, ritualistic organisation which organised military-style parades, their faces painted in ritual colours, and wearing white t-shirts with the letters "T-A USA" (Tanna Army USA). This parade still takes place every year on February 15."

The ancient astronauts theory is not crazy at all especially since it is all recorded in egyptian, sumerian, etc. cultures.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Although I believe in the same thing that BigFootNZ does (that the ancient aliens are not aliens, are just humans, and because of something that we haven't found yet, we went back to primitive times (you know, like it WOULD happen if nuclear war happened), what you say is not correct.

You can find information about all sorts of military bases around the world that once were used with a lot of traffic, and now you can't say where they were.

This happened with a lot of WWII bases, and the natives portrayed here are an example of that. A few years later, without maintenance, the base simply disappeared.

You can also tell this with that documentary in the History Channel, that I think it was called "After Man leaves Earth" and with known data, they made various scenarios about how know big cities would look like after everyone leaves the planet.

New York after 10 years without anyone in it would be full of wildlife and plants, and within 50 years most buildings would have collapsed. 150 years later its possible that the whole city would look like it never existed.

Keep in mind that our buildings and houses are kept in one piece because we live in them. A broken window is replaced, doors still work and protect the buildings, the outside is taken care off and re-painted after some years.

Remove all that and the buildings wont last long. Chernobyl is a good example of that.

Now, we are talking about civilizations that are as far as 10,000 years old... Makes you think what kind of structures they may had, and whats left of them.

[edit on 7/12/09 by Tifozi]

join