It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condemned

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This thread is for all you Atheists and non believers who have there own opinion of who they think God, the creator of heaven and earth is, or is not.

It's quit difficult to discus anything with you because you always seem to pass your opinion off as Belief. You then twist it around and accuse us Christians of shoving our beliefs down your throat.
Well let me tell you something,if you had any kind of rational proof to back up your claim as we do, It wouldn't appear as though we were shoving our belief, now would it?

Now, what I'm about to say next wont make me the most popular person, but it needs to be said.

If you HAVE HEARD of the word of God but yet refuse to heed its warnings, you are without excuse. You are lost.You will spend an eternity in Hell. No excuses period. You will be condemned.

This is not an opinion.Its what the Bible says and what Christians believe.Now if any of you atheists can provide me with proof of why this is not true by all means do so.

Have a wonderful day.

Mod's please place where you think appropriate. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wow, I cant believe this thread has escaped the brutal scrutiny of the opposition. Well, maybe its better that way.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
It's quit difficult to discus anything with you because you always seem to pass your opinion off as Belief. You then twist it around and accuse us Christians of shoving our beliefs down your throat.

snip

If you HAVE HEARD of the word of God but yet refuse to heed its warnings, you are without excuse. You are lost.You will spend an eternity in Hell. No excuses period. You will be condemned.

..and we are once again gagging.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Believe it or not, But you can't deny the fact what the Bible says about those who have herd and still do not believe.

Peace to to my brother.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

as in herd the lost sheep?
"oh look I'm suddenly a christian because someone threatened me with eternal damnation!"

nah not really. It really is a shame you couldn't sell your religion on it's good points like "love thy neighbour" but I'm guessing you don't get the same power kick that you do like when you bash atheists. Jesus would be so proud.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Tho he may be might right, Judge not so that we are not judge

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Go ahead, Laugh it up. Say what you will, But truth is truth.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb

I'm not judging anyone. I'm just simply spreading the word.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb

This is the first time I've ever agreed with you (though I don't agree with the he may be right part
)

Saying you are just spreading the word is a copout oliveoil. I was raised christian and I was taught that spreading the word was all about encouraging people to love thy neighbour and not throw stones.

I can't imagine Jesus saying "Y'ALL GOING TO HELL!"

I suggest you sit down and watch the life of brian. You might learn something.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

bible qote
Matthew 7
Judging Others
1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

I also like (paraphrased) "you can't offer the hand when your pointing the finger."

I wouldn't have a clue what parable it's from. The ones where he stuck up for the under dog over some righteous prat always stuck with me.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

I can't imagine Jesus saying "Y'ALL GOING TO HELL!"

lol

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Mr Riley please give me anything which disproves what the Bible says about unbelievers or move along. Thank you

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Move along? You are trolling and this thread is seeded in your own bigotry. It's in poor taste that you would actually try make out that Jesus would've agreed with your hate.

..and why would I bother trying to disprove what the bible says about unbelievers when it's written by men with political agendas?

happy solistice to you.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by riley]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Move along? You are trolling and this thread is seeded in your own bigotry. It's in poor taste that you would actually try make out that Jesus would've agreed with your hate.

..and why would I bother trying to disprove what the bible says about unbelievers when it's written by men with political agendas?

happy solistice to you.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by riley]

I am stating a Biblical FACT. And if atheists, like you, who wish to dispute it with me in a civil manner, by all means so be it .

You sir, on the other hand, have brought nothing intelligent to the table to support your view except your own ignorance regarding my belief and what you think Jesus would have agreed, or disagree on.

So yes, either have something intelligent to say or move along.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
A person who walks in the 'way' spreads hope and love, not fear.

You encourage people to seek God for the wrong reasons...this is no different then the tactics of the OT God that deceived many.

If you just humble yourself, cleanse your temple, go to God without any preconceived thoughts, you will be amazed at what you find.

God keeps teaching, all beings. All lights return. God does not hold judgment on those that dont believe what they cant see. This idea is shallow and limits God greatly.

You would stand on the side that wanted Jesus dead, for the clinged to their books that went against the new ways Jesus taught them.

Again today, people clinge to the material objects, and see not what stands before them.

Gods nature has been distorted and it is a shame.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I tell you truly, there are unbelievers with higher vibrations then that of some religious people.

Forgive those that do not know what they do....instead of judging them.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

The Lord Maitreya inspires everyone through mind, spirit and body to generate, in the first place, self-respect, out of which the blessings of salvation will emerge which will make life meaningful for all.

No matter what degree of your crime, you can train yourself by practicing sincerity of spirit and honesty of mind, and by feeding your body with natural food. It is your natural heritage. Use it.

The most important temples in life are the spirit, which must be fed with sincerity, the mind, which must be fed with honesty, and the body, which must be fed with right food. This will create harmony in mind, spirit and body.

Self respect is the seed of awareness.
Saints, gurus, politicians, educators and doctors are all contradicting each other. When a thief comes to you, how can you solve his problem if you yourself have not thieved in your life? [Maitreya is addressing saints and gurus here]. How can you appreciate the light if you do not know darkness? Darkness and light are both important. A thief is important. A saint is important.

If a thief comes to you, do not preach; it will not work. Teach him to be honest about what he is doing. The thief will gradually acquire detachment. Detachment enables the mysteries of life to become clearer. The thief, with detachment, eventually realizes the mind is reacting to a particular thought-formation.

"Even when you are thieving, know that without the divine hand of the Lord you would not be able to thieve."

If you respect your Self, you respect the entire creation.

The above is from the teachings of Maitreya and I posted it because, as LeoVirgo says above, our task should be to spread hope and love, not fear.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Oh Sweet Mercy, here we go yet again! In matters of Spirituality and Religion, all there is is opinion! There are no facts, no real evidence for either the Religious, the Spiritual or the Nonbelievers! At best you have the words of Men who have been dead for tens of centuries, and even those words have been translated from language to language with all of the errors that accompany said translations. All anyone has is such matters is belief, regardless of what said beliefs may be.

And no intelligent discussion on such matters can ever be held when one side of the discussion holds the position that all others are wrong and will 'roast in Hell'. There are damn few Christian members here on ATS/BTS who can actually have such a discussion and not come off as an arrogant arse in the process. It is virtually impossible to start a thread here to discuss and share beliefs other than Christianity without being decended upon by a chorus of Bible Thumpers brandishing Biblical Bayonettes and making any such discussion or exchange of ideas impossible.

Then you have threads like this one, where the OP starts with not an invitation to an intelligent discussion and exchange of ideas, but instead with a threat of eternal suffering. Got a newsflash for you, most of us 'Heathens' are just as familiar, if not more familiar, with your 'Old Time Religion' than you are, and are quite aware of the 'penalties' for non-belief. Even with said threats, we still have moved beyond the words of Man and have instead chosen to follow a different path (or no path at all). If you truly wished to discuss such topics, you should try to do so without the gloom and doom forecast. You might also try to do so without constant references to the Bible, as it contradicts itself at almost every turn! I can't speak for every 'Non-Believer', but it's the contradictary nature of the Bible that caused me to doubt it's validity in the first place. You can find a quote to support almost anything you want, from genocide to incestuous rape.

NEXT!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Thats exactly my point. Our / us (Christians) proof is the Bible. The words to us are true and correct. Atheists and non believers on the other hand have no proof to back up any claims Christians make at all concerning God.

The problem arises when the Atheists, having no proof, pass off there own opinion as belief.
And use our proof against us to discredit us.They know the Bible and use it.

All im saying is that If anyone has heard the word of God but yet refuse to heed its warnings
according to the Bible you are without excuse.and are condemned.

Im not being hateful as some may imply,Im not trolling, Im simply stating what it says in the Bible.
And contrary as to your belief the bible is not only a spiritual book but also a historical book.
Its a book of prophecy and truths.More accurate then your mornings newspaper.

And no intelligent discussion on such matters can ever be held when one side of the discussion holds the position that all others are wrong and will 'roast in Hell'

Your looking at this all wrong.Its not a matter of who is right and who is wrong.The Bible is a book of truths.If the Atheist was not so closed minded they would see these truths.Its definitely a eyeopener.

There are damn few Christian members here on ATS/BTS who can actually have such a discussion and not come off as an arrogant arse in the process.

I agree and have conversations with them on a daily bases.It never gets to a point because the Atheist mind is made up.It sort of like saying Here I have a zillion dollars to give you all you have to do is use your head, and the Atheist says naa it like being this way (maybe bad ex. but you get my point)

It is virtually impossible to start a thread here to discuss and share beliefs other than Christianity without being decended upon by a chorus of Bible Thumpers brandishing Biblical Bayonettes and making any such discussion or exchange of ideas impossible

I totally 100% agree.

Then you have threads like this one, where the OP starts with not an invitation to an intelligent discussion and exchange of ideas, but instead with a threat of eternal suffering. Got a newsflash for you, most of us 'Heathens' are just as familiar, if not more familiar, with your 'Old Time Religion' than you are, and are quite aware of the 'penalties' for non-belief.

Ok ,Ok, Ill give you this one. I did come off rough. I had just finished a heated discussion with another so called Christian and may have got the better of me.apologies!

Even with said threats, we still have moved beyond the words of Man and have instead chosen to follow a different path (or no path at all). If you truly wished to discuss such topics, you should try to do so without the gloom and doom forecast

Gloom and doom would be all the anti Christian threads started every day, My thread is a retort against one of them. However point well taken

top topics

<<   2 >>

join