It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Message from Ram 'Buddha Boy' Bahadur Bomjan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This kid has really impressed me, it is great to see such a beacon of light in this ever-darkening world of ours. I first heard of him when the 'Buddha Boy' documentary aired in 2006 or 2007, and I have checked up on him every now and then. Sorry if this has been posted, however I did a search and could only find posts from his earlier appearances.

For anybody not familiar with Ram Bahadur Bomjan please read his wiki:

en.wikipedia.org...

Ram Bahadur Bomjon (Sanskrit: राम बहादुर बामजान) (born c. 9 April 1990, sometimes spelt Bomjan, Banjan, or Bamjan), and also known as Palden Dorje (his monastic name), is from Ratanapuri village, Bara district, Nepal and is believed to be enlightened. It has been claimed by some of his supporters that he is the reincarnation of the Buddha, but Ram himself has denied this. Many Buddhist practitioners agree that he could not be, as the Buddha has entered nirvana and cannot be reborn. He drew thousands of visitors and media attention by spending months in meditation. Nicknamed the Buddha Boy, he began his meditation on 16 May 2005. He reportedly disappeared from the hollow tree where he had been meditating for months on 11 March 2006, but was found by some followers a week later. He told them he had left his meditation place, where large crowds had been watching him, "because there is no peace". He then went his own way and reappeared elsewhere in Nepal on 26 December 2006, but left again on 8 March 2007. On 26 March 2007, inspectors from the Area Police Post Nijgadh in Ratanapuri found Bomjon meditating inside a bunker-like ditch seven feet square. On 10 November 2008, Bomjon reappeared in Ratanapuri and spoke to a group of devotees in the remote jungle.

And/or this website that has been dedicated to him:

www.paldendorje.com...

This latest video is from October 2008, he emerged from the jungle and took up his mediation beneath the tree he began under. He then opened his mouth and gave a small speech, a message for the world, and then gave blessings to individuals of the community.

He began his meditation when he was 15, in 2005, he is now 19, has been meditating for four years and, if he is to emulate the Buddha I expect he should emerge from his meditation in 2012 (yep, 2012), following 7 years of meditation. I can only say I'm excited to see what this kid will do then, perhaps this will play a part in the unfolding of the 2012 saga? What do you think?

Here's another video of Ram performing a Buddhist Fire Ritual.

Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
hes just a normal kid. what superpowers does he have?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Oh.. that's all, another 'enlightened kid'. I'm not buying it. Kids can be smart and innocent and speak their mind without the influence of this world pulling them down. So yeah, they can say all the right things to make adults think they might actually know something.

I have seen kids who can tell of things from 'past lives' that they could not have known about otherwise. Very impressive. I believe many of these kids have this knowledge because they are demon possessed.

Oh sure they may know something and they may sound good but Enlightened? By who's definition are they Enlightened? How do you judge?

The kid above has not said or done anything that is so extra ordinary that you must tie it to the realm of Spiritually Enlightened. God doesn't work that way. If he did, it would be to call attention to Jesus as the Christ not away from Him.

This kids religion doesn't believe in the same god as the Christians, so that can't be it. Which god is he getting this information from then?

Can anyone prove for sure this kid didn't get his information through regular means and this is just a really good hoax?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I don't think this is a question of whether it is a 'hoax' or not, or whether he has super powers or not.

Of course he doesn't have super powers, of course he's not in contact with the divine, he's just an ordinary kid, doing an extraordinary thing.

Prophecy works by suggestion, someone suggests something, and then cometh the hour, cometh the man, as it were; someone steps forth to fulfill the prophecy. And thusly in the same manner, this child takes it upon himself to do something extraordinary, this will in turn have a galvanizing effect upon those people who do believe in, let's say the supernatural, or the Divine, but in its essence it is nothing more than someone fulfilling a role, that they feel is essential, and that they know in the context of history will be noted, and in the context of his lifetime will be efficacious in effecting change in many peoples consciousness around the world. That's how these things work, no need for mumbo-jumbo supernatural divine intervention, I think expecting him to be 'divine' or have 'super powers' or what have you is a naive view of spirituality.

I was extremely impressed at his resolve to do such rigorous religious practice at such a young age, there was noway I'd ever have done that at his age. And that in itself makes me think there is something unique about this kid, and it will be interesting to see how this unfolds over time.

Of course he doesn't have super powers, that's quite obvious from watching the Fire Ritual, its about having resolve, not super powers, he had the resolve to get back into that fire, but he didn't have heat resistant skin to sit in it while it was raging.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by AltruisticNarcissist]

[edit on 4-12-2009 by AltruisticNarcissist]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'd like to know what the "message" was he said, that might be interesting. Apart from that the video only shows many people coming to see something not so common for their culture as it once was hundreds of years ago.

The culture is very much prone to having and finding "special" gurus, many of them at one time in fact. I think it wise not to raise one person above all others and therefore to worship or follow them.

I make no judgement on the boy, he will be who he will be.

J.P., We have no right to pass judgement for we do not know what God is doing now. I do understand that from a christian perspective it may be hard to accept the written truths that God works in mysterious ways. I see no reason for God to be limited to using only one avenue, Jesus, because we think it should be so.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Bul-sit, i bet average ATC citizen from paranormal and spiritual department has more superpowers, than he does

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
someone get him a laptop and an ATS account so we can ask em questions

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'm confused... where did the OP state that the kid has "super natural powers"?

...Or are your minds so messed up that you think he must have special powers for him to be worthy of a thread? Then again -- in my mind, comparing him to many of you, he does have some pretty amazing powers. A lack of an ego in itself is something I'd wish to have more than anything -- even to be able to fly.

Geez...

Thanks OP for the thread!

[edit on 4/12/09 by Navieko]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Sorry, I posted the wrong version of the video, this version has the translation in the info bar at the right hand side

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
i believe there's a claim of enlightenment.. thats a superpower of sorts

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
From what I read the boy does not claim to have "superpowers" and he denies that he was the re-incarnation of the Buddha but just because he doesn't fit in with the Western persons "IDEA" of religion he is a hoax?

He might, just might, be a messenger and all of you out there that are writing him off just because he is not a christian may just miss the boat, or should that be space ship, that is going to come and take you all away to your "idea" of heaven!

Starred and Flagged!

[edit on 4/12/09 by wiser3]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Naeem82

Indeed, agreed.

OK people can we please stop discussing his possession of 'Superpowers' or lack thereof? That only shows a naive, childish understanding of spirituality and religious figures. People do not have SuperPowers, if...by superpowers you mean an ability to defy the laws of nature.

All men are born from nature, into nature, they are a part of nature, therefore they cannot break the laws of nature. The reason such laws exist is to ensure the continued existential integrity of the Universe, if a law could be broken, then what would stop the Universe from just dissipating into nothingness and ceasing to exist?

The claim of superpowers, such as, 'This Jesus performs Miracles, he can walk on water!' Are usually techniques that people use to get other people (usually the gullible) to believe something where that belief is an essential requirement in the culture. For example, Nobody's going to follow, or listen to the teachings of 'just another man', if however you can show that he can do things that are effectively impossible, then in your mind the only way to explain this ability is to conclude that he must be of a 'higher' nature, usually attributed to the Divine, and is therefore an authority above yourself and therefore worth listening to.

Things do not need to be beyond your comprehension to attract your attention or your admiration, not in the 21st century. We no longer need a miracle man, please, let's just appreciate the kid for what he is, not vilify him for what he is not.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by AltruisticNarcissist]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AltruisticNarcissist

Thank you. Will read it now.

Edit:
It's good to see him require being left to his practices and speaking up about it. He was feeling some fear at the time as his heavier breathing showed, which is normal I would think of someone so young.

Like I said, he will be who he will be, so he says too.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Tayesin]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm way too hedonistic to ever heed his message. I love life for all it's faults and troubles, I am attached to it and will be until I pass. If he want's to sit on his golden whoopee cushion he is welcome to. As he will not interfere with my life I won't interfere with his. I consider his position un-enlightenment, to sit before the well of life and not drink. Great show of willpower but to what end? It's much harder to be a person of peace when interacting with the world instead of avoiding it altogether as he is doing.
Superpowers? He denies what power he has and that I think might be his lesson for others. Today's world is all about acquisition of power and it's misuse.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What 15 year old that you know is going to spend their teenage years meditating?

On top of that, fake or not, you can't meditate for as long as this kid has and not discover something..

[edit on 4-12-2009 by SeeingBlue]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

Bul-sit, i bet average ATC citizen from paranormal and spiritual department has more superpowers, than he does

What an @ssinine comment. No-one here, that I can recall, has spent years in isolated meditation from the age of 15. If memory serves me the early reports were of him meditating for long periods without food or water.

This "kid" has done more to connect with spirituality than any-one here. I can assure you of that.

This isn't comic book super hero BS; its about inner peace. He is only trying to show the way. You should try it sometime.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

pretty funny.

whether hes the incarnated Buddha or even Jesus, people should at least find answers they question on their own and such, if anyone catches my drift.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Nepalise folk, hindu or buddhist (or a combination as many are) are incredibly superstitious.
Buddah Boy may well be connected through meditation. His reverence is another example like the thousands of holy sites, trees, mountains and holy celebrations that serve to indoctrinate the poor people. I have travelled Nepal a number of times, and with all it's simplicity and beauty, I find myself perplexed by this blind devotion in a form of spirituality that seems to flourish amongst the poor to keep them from realising how controlled they are. Ruled by a wealthy ruling class, religion and ceremony is the only form of entertainment.
Religion and devotion is used by the elite to stop the people questioning their situation. It may also ring spiritual fulfilment.
I'm not saying it is meaningless, but I saw too many poor people spending money of donations to deities when they were obviously starving themselves.
And I know the ruling class take advantage of this devotion.
This situation prevails in many poor asian countries.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

but I saw too many poor people spending money of donations to deities when they were obviously starving themselves.
And I know the ruling class take advantage of this devotion.
This situation prevails in many poor asian countries.

I think I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think this is limited to poor countries, and the "ruling class" is everywhere.

Whether its money to a church or money for a some useless item you were persuaded to buy through advertising, people everywhere are "controlled". Often its the poorest who fall easiest to the schemes. How many people spend their last dollar on a lottery ticket that they are sure they will win?

All I'm saying is, what you said is true, but not just there. Its true here too. At least following a guy in meditation will have definite benefits, whereas that lottery ticket, or expensive toy is probably just money thrown away.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Buddha Boy may be genuine. And yes we are all controlled by something. My cynicism comes from the way he is marketed as a savior. So many of his followers are very vunerable. They have little else to believe in. Meditation is a good thing, along with yoga and a lot of things that are based in buddhist culture. Although I believe his case is marketed for the wrong reasons.
I will read some more about him. I looked into a lot of similar cases in India. There was usually a catch. It will be refreshing if it comes out that BB is not affiliated with a temple collecting alms.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join