It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous v Scientology Cyber War on Internet, Protests

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Over the past couple of years, there has been a increasing Cyber war going on between the Church Of Scientology and A online Group of young people from around the world called Anonymous.

Before I get into the specifics, if any new users do not know anything about either of the groups links below provided, is some back ground information on each group!

Background History of Scientology

Background History of Anonymous

A little History on the Background of this so called Cyber War/ Protests.

A Video which was unleashed on to you tube uneditied, with Tom Cruise on it, describing Scientology, which raised eye brows and caused a unpopular responce amongst users of You Tube, plus the wider internet users . Lead to Scientology, threatning to take legal action, unless You Tube removed the video under copyright laws in the US, or deleted any uploads. Since then, You Tube has went out of its way to delete videos uploaded by users of you tube, of the video or interview with Tom cruise, or any Comedy spoofs off this interview, claiming that it was stolen from them etc.

As a Result a group of Users onthe Internet called Anonymous, decided to fight back, through the mean of using you tube and the world wide internet. They posted a video on you tube declaring war on Scientology over thier use of fair game procedure on those whom, disagree with thier so called religion or cult.

They called for the ordinary joe citizen, or those whom were invovled with the Church of Scientology, who are now ex members, whom have been afraid to come out and speak out against them to do so. But to do it peacfully, without causing any violence or harm to others.

Anonymous fired the first shot bringing down the Website of the Church of Scientology. Anonymous unleashed a video posted on you tube letting the Church of Scientology know that this was the only beginning that it was going to escalate.

Anonymous brings down Church of Scientology Webiste

The Church of Scientology retaliated by bring down the 711/truth.org website which, has become a supporter of Anonymous. And have called the members of anonymous a bucnh of cyber terroists no better than any Terroist Organisations, they also accused Anonymous of harrassment, violence, threats of firebombing thier premises etc.

Scientology Retalliates

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
While I agree with Anon in theory, they have actually accomplished very little aside from whining on message boards and using DDOS attacks on variouse websites... while this spreads awareness of their cause it can also do as much harm as good. I know first hand that Anon is VERY loosely organized (its a stretch even using the term) and many people will go to extremes and attribute their actions to Anon ... like Scientology critic Andreas Heldal-Lund said "Attacking Scientology like that will just make them play the religious persecution card ... They will use it to defend their own counter actions when they try to shatter criticism and crush critics without mercy."

'We are Anonymous, and we are Legion'

[edit on 3-12-2009 by USAFJetTech]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Anonymous V Scientology Continued:

The Church of Scientology are now using the Police Officials to stop these lawfull peacefull protests, by describing the word Cult as offensive and abusive, In a recent case, a 15 year old boy from the Uk was cautioned and summoned to court under Section 5 of the Public Laws Act, for holding a Placard with the words on it Scientology is not a religion, it is an Evil Cult. The Police even claimed that the Crown Prosecution servie advised them that the Word Cult can be deemed as offensive under the Sect of the Public Laws act, When the teenager refused to back down, quoting a 1984 high court ruling from Mr Justice Latey, in which he described the Church of Scientology as a "cult" which was "corrupt, sinister and dangerous". He was issued with a summons to appear incourt.

15 Year old To Appear in Court over the use of the word Cult

His case was taken up by Liberty, the human rights group, and was even championed in this paper.

“I believe in freedom of speech, so I made a big sign saying ‘Scientology is not a religion, it's a dangerous cult'.” He smiles. “Within ten minutes, the police asked me to take it down, but I ignored them. If you give away your right to say what you want on a sign, you're giving away your right to protest, full stop.” So he was presented with a court summons. The case was dropped but he must have been worried? “Absolutely. It was scary - I was in the middle of my GCSEs.”

Case Dropped Aainst 15 year old

This is not the only isolaed case, Numerous police officials have been interfeering with a peaceful protest by banning the use of the WORD CULT in there prostest by arresting peacefull protestors for refusing to remove thier placards.

There is actually more to this than meets the eye, it's a bit long winded but follow me on this one. Firstly it is important to point out that 1) Two police forces cover the protests, In the morning City of London (CoL) police at the Scientology HQ and when Anonymous move over to the Scientology "shop" on Tottencourt Road later in the day, The Metropolitan police (Met) take over. 2) The protesters have an extremely good relationship with the Police.

City of London police had received complaints about demonstrators using the words 'cult' and 'Scientology kills' during protests against the Church of Scientology.

So the City of London Police followed advice from the CPS? Ok, so what did they?
A CPS spokesman said no specific advice was given to police regarding the boy's placard.

"In April, prior to this demonstration, as part of our normal working relationship we gave the City of London police general advice on the law around demonstrations and religiously aggravated crime in particular.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Peope might question, now why are the Police sticking up for the Church of Scientology, it could be the result of the Church of Scientology berating Police Forces up and down not in the UK but in the USA with gifts, costing over thousands of pounds. Is it not a Coincidence since then and now with the start of these protests, which I may add are not violent. The Police are now threatning to arrest people over using the WORD CULT on placards.

Articles Obtained through Newspapers and fromthe freedom of information act inthe UK:

Dozens of police officers have accepted film premiere tickets, banquet invitations and the use of a jazz band from the controversial Church of Scientology, it has emerged.
The wealthy religious movement has spent thousands of pounds cultivating contacts in the City of London police

Officers Accept Gifts

Kingston-upon-Thames Borough Police - Scientology gifts

Since the Case of the 15 Year old was thrown out of court, If anyone noticed from the Channel 4 excerp which I posted from you tube, a Police officer threatened to arrest an indiviual over using the words brainwashing and evil classing it as offensive under the Section 5 of the Public Act Order.

Do anyone see this as odd?

Not only that the Poilce Authorities in Glasgoe, which I may add Scientology has an outpost for now, has banned the used of the word of CULT on any placards. I am in the process of seeking clarification fromthe CPS, in Scotland over this, I will post once I recieve a responce.

It has also come to light, that London Police have been given the Church of Scientology Privelaged information on Security.

London, Mar 21: The Metropolitan Police may be answering quite a few questions in the next few days, especially after it
has emerged that they have given the controversial Church of Scientology privileged information on security.

According to the Evening Standard, the church has reached an agreement with the London police under which it will be on the database of groups provided with "current, fast-time" details about safety matters.

London Police Come Under Scrutiny

Do members not find it odd, that since they the London Police and others were berated with gifts fron Scientology that they would now go out of thier way to protect this church.

I will be adding alot more from the protests across the world, between Anonymous and Scientology, if any member wants to gie me some feedback, criticisms, opinions, you are welcome to do so. Just no delfamatory comments please thank you very much.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Maybe people should start replacing the letter 'L' in the word cult with a star, or something.
Then it could be saying ANYTHING couldn't it?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I never liked Tom Cruise as an actor and I like him even less as a representative of Scientology.

But "Anonymous" doing these things will probably just make the Scientology phenomenon bigger. That plus all the rich, famous Hollywood celebs now involved in it give it a lot of media attention.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by elaine]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

A online Group of young people from around the world called Anonymous.

In this thread, we make use of sensationalism to give a group of /b/tards way more credit than they probably deserve. Though from perusing your link I see that you're not the first to misunderstand what's going on here.

Allow me to offer you an alternate "background" of anonymous, compliments of Encyclopedia Dramatica. In particular, read this subsection.

The whole entry, though, is written to anonymous from the perspective of anonymous, so a newcomer might be tempted to take it far too seriously. Or for that matter...seriously at all. While reading...place your left pinky finger on your nose, keep your tongue hanging out of your mouth and imagine a cute little anime Eris dancing the tango with a polar bear on your shoulder.

That should put you in about the right frame of mind to understand. Desu.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by Laurauk

A online Group of young people from around the world called Anonymous.

In this thread, we make use of sensationalism to give a group of /b/tards way more credit than they probably deserve. Though from perusing your link I see that you're not the first to misunderstand what's going on here.

Allow me to offer you an alternate "background" of anonymous, compliments of Encyclopedia Dramatica. In particular, read this subsection.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by LordBucket]

"Anonymous" does not seem like a wonderful group either according to your links. Very rebellious, unorganized, chaotic looking posts.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

Do anyone see this as odd?

Odd is not the word.

You have given up your freedoms for security and lost both.

Try offering them your first born as a sacrifice, maybe that will help.

You brits are doomed. We watch with horrified wonder.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well the youtube video of tom cruise was copyrighted therefore the church had every right to ask that it be taken down. Just like ATS would ask another website to remove their material if they were posting the threads and ATS media videos on their website.
The church sues over copyright violations because people violate copyright laws.
Anonymous members broke the law by starting the attacks on the websites and some members have been arrested over it.
Yeah the police watch the protests but you must remember that members of anonymous call in bomb threats to the church.
The protests are not 100% lawfull. When im being shouted at in my face trying to get into my church that is harassment and kind on annoying

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

And do you have prove of this?

What about the bullbaiting, harassing, assaulting, actvists peacefully protesting outside thier premises, on public walkways if I may add.

The Comedy spoof videos posted on you tube, relating to the tom cruises interview do not belong to the Church of Scientology.

I assume you are a member of this church of scientology yes?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Proof of what? I do not like getting harassed no my way to church, when anonymous comes that is what happens.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

People in the Uk are fighting back do you know, invovling Liberty and other human rights organisations. Against the church of scientology and the police trying to infringe on the British Citizens right to freedom of speech and expression. Which one case has already been won, with the throwing out off the court summons of the 15 year old. Now the Police force in Glasgow are being challenged by Liberty of them banning the use of the word CULT from placards.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

And do people like getting harrased with your church members turning up at thier houses, spreading mallicous lies and accusations against them, when they speak out against your church?

Why not have a open conversation with these activists or the critics off Scientology, get it out into the public domain once and for all.

I will post again no delfamitory remarks please thank you very much, everyone more than welcome to have thier say.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Some of us haven't given up anything, but when you're on a relatively small island, not allowed to posess weapons of any kind to defend yourself even from the average thug on the streets, stand in the face of a vast majority who willingly go along with whatever agenda is thrown into the mix, and even willing to pay for the privelage of being watched, there are few places left to run to.
But believe it or not, there are still many worse places to live.
At least for the time being.

I too stand in total bewilderment at the degree of naivete and blind stupidity...........

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

And do people like getting harrased with your church members turning up at thier houses, spreading mallicous lies and accusations against them, when they speak out against your church?

Probably not. But one side doing it does not justify the other. All i know is that i was on my way to church and have to deal with that.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
hello

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 517.101

Yes?

Are you adding a comment or anything?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
That attack is over. Every once in awhile its brought back up and they DDOS but other then that, its over. The Church of Scientology has to good of lawyers. They tried to take it to the courts and press charges against Scientology, but they couldn't.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by paranoiaFTW

Oh inform me, what, were they stopped from taken to court?

Oh and it is not over and done with, it continues over the internet, the war of words between Anonoymous and Scientology.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join