It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the rapture coming?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Is the rapture coming? So many people are expecting the rapture to happen
www.canada.com...

The question is the rapture going to happen? And please tell me any possible theory why the rapture idea came if you say it's fake.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Is the rapture coming?

There is no such thing. The only thing even remotely like it mentioned in the Bible (which I consider to be a good reference for this kind of stuff), has to do with the sparing of some 144,000 VIRGIN MALE JEWS -- 12,000 from each or the 12 tribes of Israel -- a bit of the nastiness of the Final Conflict.

Revelation
14:2And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: 14:3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 14:4These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins.

Anybody else who thinks they're getting in on such a sweet deal is woefully mistaken. Even more than anyone who thinks it my be real.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by 2000 Yards]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
1&2nd Thessalonians are full of references...

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 (New King James Version)

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 2000 Yards

I thought this was referring to more of the "remnant" or the warriors Christ is supposed to train and lead against Luci and his minions...yatta, yatta. its all speculation/ point of view

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

The rapture could occur at any moment. The church must always be ready.

reply to post by 2000 Yards

So, what about 1 Thessalonians 4, among other places?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AKARonco

I thought this was referring to more of the "remnant" or the warriors Christ is supposed to train and lead against Luci and his minions...yatta, yatta. its all speculation/ point of view

Not quite. The 144,000 are Jews that are sealed by God during the Tribulation that God uses to bring the Gospel of Christ to Israel and the world.

At the end of Revelation, Christ defeats his foes by himself, just with the words from his mouth! People do come with him in the clouds though. They're often identified as the church, which was in heaven during the Tribulation. They don't do anything though. They're more or less spectators.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The "Rapture" is absolutely FALSE! I was thinking about starting a thread on this subject,but since you brought it up!.......

From "The Secret Rapture"........"For the Lord himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout,with the voice of the archangel,and with the trump of God;and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds,to meet the Lord in the air....." That's from 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.

www.lightministries.com...

Some things the Pre-Tribulation Believers overlook is the part about the "resurrection of the dead",that takes place first!

Second,He comes with a loud "shout";nothing secretive about that! The Bible doesn't say He comes three times,one of those being in secret!

"Behold,I shew you a mystery;we shall not all be asleep,but we shall all be changed,in the twinkling of an eye,at the last trump"...1 Corinthians 15:51

That's at the LAST "trump". The very last one! It's all over at that point!

Christhimself prayed that His father would not take "His people out of the world,but that thou should keepest them from the evil". Psalms 50:3

"And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshipped the Beast or his image or received his mark on their foreheads or hands." Revelation 20:4

"Then one of the elders asked me,'These in white robes-who are they and where did they come from?'...And these are they who have come out of the great tribulation,they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." Revelation 7:13

Here is something else you might find fascinating.."Jesuits Fabricated the Rapture"...
theuniversalseduction.com...

(That's a whole other lesson right there! ...www.fossilizedcustoms.com...
"The Jesuit New World Order"!)

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
So, what about 1 Thessalonians 4, among other places?

A complete misunderstanding between living people, and people who have died and gone to Heaven. And what's the advantage of dying and going to Heaven before the Apocalypse or dying and going to Heaven during or after the Apocalypse? None that I can see. So you suffer a little in the Conflict? Life is suffering to begin with.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by 2000 Yards]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
The "Rapture" is absolutely FALSE! I was thinking about starting a thread on this subject,but since you brought it up!.......

From "The Secret Rapture"........"For the Lord himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout,with the voice of the archangel,and with the trump of God;and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds,to meet the Lord in the air....." That's from 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.

www.lightministries.com...

Some things the Pre-Tribulation Believers overlook is the part about the "resurrection of the dead",that takes place first!

Second,He comes with a loud "shout";nothing secretive about that! The Bible doesn't say He comes three times,one of those being in secret!

"Behold,I shew you a mystery;we shall not all be asleep,but we shall all be changed,in the twinkling of an eye,at the last trump"...1 Corinthians 15:51

That's at the LAST "trump". The very last one! It's all over at that point!

Christhimself prayed that His father would not take "His people out of the world,but that thou should keepest them from the evil". Psalms 50:3

"And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshipped the Beast or his image or received his mark on their foreheads or hands." Revelation 20:4

"Then one of the elders asked me,'These in white robes-who are they and where did they come from?'...And these are they who have come out of the great tribulation,they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." Revelation 7:13

Here is something else you might find fascinating.."Jesuits Fabricated the Rapture"...
theuniversalseduction.com...

(That's a whole other lesson right there! ...www.fossilizedcustoms.com...
"The Jesuit New World Order"!)

If I said this to my friends they'll be really pi$$ed

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Is the rapture coming? So many people are expecting the rapture to happen
www.canada.com...

The question is the rapture going to happen? And please tell me any possible theory why the rapture idea came if you say it's fake.

No, however i think we will have "divine intervention" on December 21,2012.
You have heard some people say it would take an "Act of God" to
the great alien technology out of Lockheed Martin.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The short answer is no.

The long answer is no. The ratpure only exists in texts and people's brains that believe prophecy.

Praise Science.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

If you don't tell them,who will?

Better for them to prepare,spiritually,for what's to come than for them to wonder why it hasn't happened and feel the Lord has forgotten about them!

The Lord also said He will be with us until the very end! He won't be taking His Spirit away!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

We have a winner here with this post.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
omg. - No pun intended of course.

Isn't there a filter on ats for threads like this?

OP, you and the sarah palin thread starters here should go have a slumber party.

You could bore each other to death with the same old song and dance, over and over and over again.

I'm going to go clean my cats litter box now, it sounds more interesting then most of the current threads on here.

peace out

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

You just don't see the biggest conspiracy of all time,right before your eyes!

You're just here knocking something that you can't understand.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The rapture is NOT in the bible. The rapture is mans idea. I am a christian and was raised to believe in a pretribulation rapture, but as I got older and studied the bible myself, I realize I was lied to. Sorry folks but according to scripture we will have to survive it just like everyone else unless we die or get killed during it. I believe the tribulation is coming soon but has not yet started. Once we see the abomination of desolation (the rebuilding of the temple+the reinstatement of animal sacrifices+then the abolishment of such sacrifices)Then we will know that it has begun. The christians just like every one else will have to live through it.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Type rapture into the search bar. There you'll more than likely find that the rapture is apparantly coming every week or so, depending on what the latest calculation from the bible says once the other one's havent panned out.

Edit - I dont actually think we've had any recent predictions for the rapture, so I'll make a prediction... its coming in 30 mins, get your suitcase packed & dont forget a toothbrush!

[edit on 3/12/09 by Bluebelle]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Bored of these threads now

However, i thought i would check something out and found this:

Rapture

1600, "act of carrying off," from M.Fr. rapture, from M.L. raptura "seizure, rape, kidnapping," from L. raptus "a carrying off" (see rapt). Originally of women and cognate with rape (v.). Sense of "spiritual ecstasy" first recorded 1629.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
For what it's worth you can start with Margaret Macdonald/Mcdonald.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

It's no wonder there are so many people watching for it,if they think they are going to be taken away BEFORE tribulation comes to pass.

We're seeing signs being fulfilled every day that the end really is "nigh".

We are also told of what must happen first. If people really studied the scriptures,they'd know history before it happens! (It's pretty cool,really!)

It's a sad hoax on believers to fall for the idea of the Rapture. It sounds so good is why!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join