It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the rapture coming?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

I scanned it, and it just sounds like a bunch of theological mumbojumo, nothing about the Jesuits and the rapture.

I'm not a Christian, but I'm nearly finished an MA in anthropology and I haven't heard of that theory in 4 years of comparative and historical theology. That doesn't mean it isn't true but if I remember the rapture, it was proposed in the 18th century by Philip Doddridge, whom, as far as I know, was a Protestant minister.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Did you mean like this recent article?

Center Seeks Common Language to Dialogue on Mideast

Conference Draws Israeli and Palestinian Scholars

By Mariaelena Finessi

ROME, DEC. 3, 2009 (Zenit.org).- The retired prefect of the Congregation for Eastern Churches presided over a discussion on a book by an Italian scholar regarding the Holy Places of Jerusalem in the struggle for peace in the Middle East.

Cardinal Achille Silvestrini directed the Nov. 19 conference on Enrico Molinaro's "The Holy Places of Jerusalem in Middle East Peace Agreements: The Conflict Between Global and State Identities."

Ambassadors and Israeli and Palestinian experts joined in the discussion.

Molinaro proposes a study center for the Holy Places of Jerusalem, with a profile that does not pertain to any political or religious party: "We do not wish to impose anything on anyone, either on the national parties or the religious communities. Instead, we are at their service and, in this connection, we preferred the term 'Center' instead of 'Observatory,' as originally proposed. In fact, we resolved not to control or observe but rather to respond to requests for further reflection and writing of common principles or a common glossary, and all this for the advantage of the local populations."

The center, initially with headquarters in Rome, will be dedicated to study and research, as well as the promotion and facilitating of relations between the communities. Research activity will be focused on safeguarding respect for liberty of worship and access to the Holy Places for all.

Moreover, the center will promote reconciliation, interreligious and intercultural dialogue through activities of administrative, economic, fiscal, commercial and security consultation.

And in collaboration with the European Union, the United Nations, the United States and Russia, it aims to organize informal meetings on certain aspects of the complex issue of Middle East peace, eventually helping to sway public opinion toward cooperation.

More than places

"The Holy Places are not museums, or monuments for tourists, but posts in which believers live with their culture and their institutions and which, because of this, must be safeguarded -- keeping in mind, however, that what one wishes to safeguard is not only the heritage of the past but also the people who live there today, and those who will live there in the future," explained Monsignor Alberto Ortega Martin, representing the Vatican Secretariat of State at the conference.

Nazmi Al-Jubeh, co-director of the RIWAQ Center for Architectural Conservation in Ramallah, affirmed that it is erroneous to believe that the conflict over Jerusalem is only religious.

"Instead, it is above all territorial and it is because of this that the solution to the problem can no longer be deferred," he said.

For his part, Mark Heller of the Institute for National Security Studies of Tel Aviv reflected on the role of emotions and passions in this controversy. He said these are factors that "should be reserved to human relations," and should not define interactions between national authorities.

An approach free of prejudices and ideologies, and hence exclusively technical-juridical, is what Victor Magiar said he hopes for. Magiar in an official of the Jewish Community of Rome.

"The political solution must be separated from the religious solution, to impede politics from using religion for political purposes and religion from using politics for religious purposes," he said.

--- --- ---

On the Net:

"The Holy Places of Jerusalem in Middle East Peace Agreements":
www.amazon.com/Places-Jerusalem-Middle-Peace-Agreements/dp

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I thought the rapture idea came from Matthew 24:40 and Matthew 24:41

Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one left.

There will be two women grinding grain with a mill; 1 one will be taken and one left

Do any body think that sounds like a rapture?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

I hadn't seen that,but it sounds bad to me!

Anytime the Catholic Church and the U.N. are working together,...it's bad news!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jsmallz

Please read my earlier post,about the fourth one into this thread. It should make it clear to you.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by On the Edge]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

No the rapture isn't coming.

Even if someone were to believe the Bible, which I strongly advise against, the Rapture in the Bible occurs in Thessalonians, not in Revelation.

I view the Rapture as no different than the Heavens Gate believers believing aliens were coming to get them behind a comet.

Jesus came so that people would stop waiting around for phantom Messiahs and start saving themselves and living good lives now. He didn't live so that everyone could sit around waiting for him to return. That was the whole mistake everyone was making, they were enslaved under Roman rule WAITING for a Messiah. Jesus came along to tell them to stop waiting and he taught them to be their own saviors.

The actual concept of pre-tribulation rapture didn't really come around until the late 1700s. So it's based on an interpretation of the vague prophecies found in the Bible. How much confidence should someone have in it if it's based on some interpretation of a vague prophecy that isn't even found amongst the other prophecies such as those in Revelation.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Amen brother, and check out this quote from"Tim Lahaye's" book "Are we living in the end times"? written in 1999

"When will these things culminate? No one really knows. Some one-world optimists have suggested the year 2000, but we think they are premature. Others more realistically say it will come by the year 2010."

How's that for eerily accurate....?

[edit on 3-12-2009 by freetree64]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Jesus's main warning about the End-Times was this:

"Watch out that no one deceives you.".....Matthew 24:4

"What I say to you,I say to everyone:'Watch!'"...Mark 13:37 (He gave us the signs to watch for!)

No where does the Bible teach that Jesus told us to be our own Saviors!
That's ridiculous,and you know it!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Never mind!

[edit on 3-12-2009 by On the Edge]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Is the rapture coming? So many people are expecting the rapture to happen
www.canada.com...

The question is the rapture going to happen? And please tell me any possible theory why the rapture idea came if you say it's fake.

Its Real. I was there. I saw it. I felt. It is extraordinary. It is everything you wanted. It is not lacking. It is the Truth. Beyond Time and Space. Perfect Love/Bliss.

But it is just the appearance of God in the Flesh.

And the Grace He Transmits to His Disciples.

Nobody believes me.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Jesus's whole religion was based on the idea of saving yourself and taking responsibility for your own actions.

Jesus says "I am the way." he's not talking about himself, he's talking about every individual. He's talking about no need for a middle man to save you, no need for a priest only "I" am the way to salvation, the divine self.

Jesus teaches them to pray "our father" reinforcing that we are children of God, when he says he is the son of God is not speaking literally but figuratively about all men.

Jesus gives them Communion in which they ingest the Savior, the Savior is now within them.

Jesus teaches you to worry about the log in your own eye, teaches responsibility for one's own sins.

Jesus wanted his people to stop waiting around for some Messiah that would never show up and take initiative for themselves but it was hard to do, they were poor and living under Roman rule, so he had to lead them and show them an example. This is the whole purpose of being like Christ, is to be able to save yourself through love. The message has been corroded by time and ignored by the mainstream Church.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

If that's what you want to believe,have at it!

I'm happy with my beliefs,and I'm sure you are with yours.

May God bless you.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You're not taking Tim LaHaye seriously,are you? He wrote the whole "Left Behind" series!

And no wonder..".It sells! It's what itching ears want to hear".

He and others may make some good connections,but I stay clear of them myself. (I'm not saying they're not right about anything! Test everything and hold on to what is good!)

The "2010" reference sounds a bit premature maybe? I don't know! It could happen,if the things that are meant to happen come to pass.

I know things are going to get alot worse before they get better,that's for sure!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm sick of everyones idea of God on this site. Obviously the topic is pretty stern on what we are to talk about. Rapture coming. If you think it's fake state it and move on. Don't shove your atheist ideas and alien worshipping ideals to those who don't want to hear it. Your off topic. At least explain what the rapture may mean for you instead of everyone else. Perhaps it's just a spiritual example of ourselves. BUT realisticly.

The facts shows high. Prophets, moses, david. All of them have said and told the truth of many ages. The facts are claimed and laid out by the ancient ones of Hebrew and all of them have come true. It is a test of faith to those who have seen and felt Gods hand.

My target is on the atheist and your agendas online. All you do is try to crush faith through logic and you think your so perfect when you can't even think outside of the box.
Modaren pagans
just like the Greeks
First we as humans are on earth then space then planets then planets with other life then more space. what's beyond space? maybe it's heaven? For heaven to come to earth they must come from the sky.

```Heathens

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Jordan River]

[edit on 3-12-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I also wanted to say how dumb people are here in the world of logic and science. If we do take the rapture of fact we would see increasingly evidance of an initial problem that is occuring in the world as we speak.

This makes sense even to those who disagree about the bible. please pay attention

The world is restless right now.

Lots of bibical things occuring nature/technology/war (mideast) nuke tension (nothing really new had it since the 50s..

Katrina.

9/11

ukarine plague/ h1n1/bird flu/vaccine parinoia

terroist

america bankruptcy WHICH IS IN THE BIBLE ON REVLATION. CHECK OUT THE AREA ABOUT THE FALL OF BABALOYON

MASSIVE TSUNIMIS

INCREASE EARTHQUAKES

GLOBAL WARMING (OR TO ME OUR POLAR SHIFT HAPPENING SLOWLY.

sorry just saw the cap is on. (not redoin it)

Political unrest

Money tension

America end to power

did i say nukes? lol

okay now cap lock

YOU ARE A DUMB ANIMAL. I AM TOO. WE ARE NOTHING MORE THAN AN ANIMAL. OUR MAKEUP IS IN IT. WE ARE LIKE A DEER STARING AT THE LIGHT OF A CAR ABOUT TO GET HIT.

I love you all and I love you still if you disagree with me. it's cool. I can't change you

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
In 1 Thes. 1:10 Paul wrote that Jesus would rescue us from the coming wrath. The Greek word for rescue in the verse means to deliver, or draw to oneself. The word for from denotes a separation of time and distance. So the Lord will draw us to Himself to distance us from the time and place of the wrath to come. In 1 Thes. 5:9 he said the Church was not appointed to suffer wrath. In Rev. 3:10 the Lord promised to keep us from the “hour of trial” that’s coming upon the whole world. A different Greek word for from us used there. It means out of the place, time, or cause of the event being referenced. So here His promise is to keep us out of the time and place of His wrath, because we’re not the cause of it. Put it all together and it says we won’t be here for any of it.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
We will be apt to suffer the wrath of Satan,but we won't suffer the wrath of God.

Big difference!

Revelation 13:7 "He (the beast) was given power to make war against the saints,and to conquer them."

"This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints." Revelation 13:10

[edit on 4-12-2009 by On the Edge]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Is the rapture coming? So many people are expecting the rapture to happen
www.canada.com...

The question is the rapture going to happen? And please tell me any possible theory why the rapture idea came if you say it's fake.

The rapture of the church is an event in which the Church will disappear from Earth some time before the 2nd Coming. Beside the difference in timing, there are several other differences between the rapture and the 2nd Coming. One is that the rapture takes the Church from the Earth while the 2nd Coming brings the Lord to the Earth. Another is that the rapture is a secret event that happens without warning, while the 2nd Coming will follow many clear warning signs and will be witnessed by all the people of Earth.

As to just how close we are to the rapture no one knows because it’s timing is one of the end times secrets that God maintains for strategic purposes, and that’s one of the problems with the post trib position. How can you have a secret rapture when the Bible gives a clear time line for every other end times event beginning with a treaty that permits the building of a temple in Israel? If the rapture happens at or even near the end of this chain of events it’s timing could be easily determined as soon as the treaty is signed, seven years before the event.

If the End Times formally began with the return of Jerusalem to Jewish control as prophesied in Luke 21:24, (1948) and if all end times prophecies are to be fulfilled within the span of a Biblical lifetime (70yrs) as prophesied in Matt. 24:34, then all will be fulfilled by 2018. That means the Rapture, Daniel’s 70th week, Great Tribulation, 2nd Coming and about 500 other signs must all occur by then.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by dthwraith]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The "Rapture" is absolutely FALSE! I was thinking about starting a thread on this subject,but since you brought it up!.......

From "The Secret Rapture"........"For the Lord himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout,with the voice of the archangel,and with the trump of God;and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds,to meet the Lord in the air....." That's from 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.

www.lightministries.com...

Some things the Pre-Tribulation Believers overlook is the part about the "resurrection of the dead",that takes place first!

Second,He comes with a loud "shout";nothing secretive about that! The Bible doesn't say He comes three times,one of those being in secret!

"Behold,I shew you a mystery;we shall not all be asleep,but we shall all be changed,in the twinkling of an eye,at the last trump"...1 Corinthians 15:51

That's at the LAST "trump". The very last one! It's all over at that point!

Christhimself prayed that His father would not take "His people out of the world,but that thou should keepest them from the evil". Psalms 50:3

"And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshipped the Beast or his image or received his mark on their foreheads or hands." Revelation 20:4

"Then one of the elders asked me,'These in white robes-who are they and where did they come from?'...And these are they who have come out of the great tribulation,they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." Revelation 7:13

Here is something else you might find fascinating.."Jesuits Fabricated the Rapture"...
theuniversalseduction.com...

(That's a whole other lesson right there! ...www.fossilizedcustoms.com...
"The Jesuit New World Order"!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if you read this from my earlier post or not.

Have you studied what the scriptures really SAY?

I used to believe in it too,until I learned how easily I had been fooled!

It's only natural to want to believe it,but it's not what you think!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This thread needs to be shut down or deleted.

It is not a conspiracy thread, or even anything of any worth to anyone - it is merely fundamentlist christian idiotic prattlings. You should be ashamed of yourself OP, first off for being so close-minded to actually be a Christian, secondly for trying to convert everyone on ATS with your sermons. I have reported this thread - if ATS is not a fundamentalist Christian haven, I fully expect to see this thread moved to BTS, or better still, locked down and thrown away.

The Para.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join