It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else experience "breezes" around their face and head while meditating?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced something similar to what I have been lately.

About 15-20 minutes into quieting mind and calling higher consciousness forth into observation of the mind and vehicle, I start to get 'breeze-like' activity, centered around my head. I mean I can actually feel movement of something, like an energetic component of some sort creating motion, and a small, light breeze coming across my skin and head. It has a slightly cooler temperature feel to it than the rest of the room. I have felt energy sensations many times before, and this is something different.

Have any of our fellow meditators experienced this?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
increased magnetic field (aura) circulating around your body, creating "air vortex", put incense sticks in 4 corners around you, in a room were no breeze of air can enter, breath slow and deep, so you cannot create any "flows of air"... open eyes, and you'll see that you are like a small cone (if) in lotus position, standing = like a oval

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hi. About the breeze thing while meditating. I am pretty much a novice when it comes to meditating, have only been meditating for 9 month now, however i have been doing some serious meditation regularly. To make a long story short, YES i am allmost every time i meditate feeling the breeze thing. I with my short meditating baby getting to know what it´s all about experience, have come to the conclution that it is my body "feeling my non-body vibrating on a higher frequency". Obviously i could be wrong

Maybe you can help me? No one has tought me how to meditate, i looked it up on the internet, you know different approches and different techniques, and found something that i felt comfortable with. I got allmost emidiate results. Like feeling my whole body vibrate down to the inner cell, pictures of my self in past lifes????? Felt my non-body (in lack of better term) rising up, allmost leaving my body, hovering somewhere in between. Has seen and felt this tiny glowing dot in the center of my body growing and growing to the size of my own body, bringing a joy i have newer felt before. But the strangest thing was theese strange shapes, like squares and triangles with strange symbols in them, flying in my brain with incredibal speed. Any thoughts on that????

However the breeze thing yes, i have felt it. But the breeze thing i normally feel in a whole other contectst.

Love and light to you.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thealiveone

It sounds like you have most certainly found what works for you if you are experiencing all those things in such short magnitude. I have been meditating off and on for the past 20 years, and most of the more profound effects I have had have been in the past 5 years or so. I am glad to hear you are experiencing the same thing, it makes me feel not quite as isolated. haha. Blessings for sharing.

m3lh4d0---This is kind of what I was thinking it may be: Some sort of interplay with my auric field, and perhaps my own sensitivity becoming AWARE of it. It is actually a very pleasant feeling, just a newer sensation that I had not felt previously. One thing I am constantly discovering when it comes to meditation and spiritual discovery is that I never cease to be surprised and never cease experiencing new things though.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I would also like some tips on meditating.

Only one time have I ever been able to meditate. I remember just everything being black. Then it felt like I was floating. As I was about to get use to this, my cat decided to jump ontop of my closet which made a loud bang and I was startled.

I would lov eto do it again, but make it more interesting.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

Very basic tips and foundation work of meditation:

Become aware of your breath. Breath in slowly, and out slowly. Pause slightly at the tail end of the in breath, until you feel a slight warming feeling in your lungs / belly. Exhale nice and slow. Continue this for several minutes, preferably 15 minutes or more. You will notice pulse / heart rate slow down considerably.

Become aware of your thoughts---Your mind's internal chatter. One way of doing this: Ask within your mind, I wonder what my next thought will be?" Then very alertly, pay attention to the mind. WATCH for the thought, ANY thought which may pop up. Do not try and STOP the thought, simply observe it intently. Become aware of WHAT is doing the observing. The observation itself often times is the doorway into presence and higher awareness or consciousness.

There are millions of techniques out there and I'm sure many folks can chime in here. These are just a couple of easy to apply techniques I have found to be quite powerful personally.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

When i meditate, i begin with the breathing exorcize. Inhaling refreshing energy, exhaling any negative energy. I then after a while inhale energy exhaling saying to my self; I let go of my feet, inhaling again, exhaling i lett go of my legs, and so on till i have letten go of my whole body. Next step is to inhale energy to the lovest chakra imagening the red ball getting bigger and brighter with every inhale untill i am satisfied, i do that with every chakre the orange the yellow, green, blue, indigo, and finally the purple. Next step is to imagining my non-body glow like a sphere getting bigger and brighter till i am satisfied. After that i just stay fluidic not worrying about my minds babeling. The trick is to not expect anything just being in the now with nothing on your mind. I have gotten crazy results with this homemade technique.

Hope this was usefull for you, good luck.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I have felt static like coolness on my skin and around my head. This has happened even when I am not in a deep meditative state. Lately just over the past week I can smell what can only be described as burnt matches. The smell lingers for a minute or so then a few hours later it returns.

I was just checking out your dream thread and I think that both of these subjects are connected. The contact I have has changed. It seems a pipeline has been established and I am able to have conversations in a waking state, not even a deep meditation is needed, just a relaxed mind.

Sleep is the perfect time to receive information, subtle directives and experiences to help lower the veils we have all at one time lived behind. Once the veils fall the waking communications begin.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Okay, this is happening to me too now. I am feeling the breeze like sensation around my face and head on a regular basis, particularly my cheeks and forehead, and it is not solely relegated to meditation anymore.

I am not sure, but I have a strange feeling it is something to do with my brow center becoming active, or drawing in a lot of energy. It is a trippy sensation. I felt it 'tickling' a little while ago where my brow chakra center is.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by Witness2008

Okay, this is happening to me too now. I am feeling the breeze like sensation around my face and head on a regular basis, particularly my cheeks and forehead, and it is not solely relegated to meditation anymore.

I am not sure, but I have a strange feeling it is something to do with my brow center becoming active, or drawing in a lot of energy. It is a trippy sensation. I felt it 'tickling' a little while ago where my brow chakra center is.

Hi,

I wasn't going to respond on this thread because the cold breeze I have felt doesn't seem to be related to meditation (although I do meditate). It can happen in the day or at night. For instance, I'll be sitting down, and then a waft of air will blow in my face, usually it is cold. I have had the feeling it might be something like a spirit. Sometimes it is so prominent (and there are no doors or windows open at the time) that I say out loud "hello who's there?" LOL

When it happens at night it can be a little more disconcerting. Sometimes it happens straight away when lying down in bed (again there are no windows or doors open at the time). The most disturbing is when it wakes me up out of dreams. Sometimes there is no movement (wind or breeze) but just cold. Like something just blasts a strong intense cold sensation into my face. When this happens when I'm asleep, I awake immediately, even if I have been well away deeply involved in a dream, it jolts me awake to the same degree as if there'd been a loud noise or if someone had walked in my room.

I'm not sure what is causing it for sure. I tended to believe it might be a spirit when a psychic told me information about a ghost in my house that coincided with exactly the same information that came from a different person. Not sure though, and maybe there are different causes for these "winds". Perhaps you're right DD that it is to do with the brow centre opening up that allows us to experience these things. Maybe we then experience an etheric wind that blows around, similar to our physical wind?

Cheers,

Aelf

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Have you considered closing your window ???

second line.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced something similar to what I have been lately.

About 15-20 minutes into quieting mind and calling higher consciousness forth into observation of the mind and vehicle, I start to get 'breeze-like' activity, centered around my head. I mean I can actually feel movement of something, like an energetic component of some sort creating motion, and a small, light breeze coming across my skin and head. It has a slightly cooler temperature feel to it than the rest of the room. I have felt energy sensations many times before, and this is something different.

Have any of our fellow meditators experienced this?

Dude i get this too! Maybe it's spiritual energy from nearby spirits?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Have you considered closing your window ???

second line.

did you read my post?

from my experience this happens when no windows or doors are open, and when it happens I often look outside to see if a breeze is blowing the trees, most times there is no visible effects from any wind outside

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Aelfrede]

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Aelfrede]

top topics

join