It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell-all book could embarrass Christian right with stories of sex, scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

If excerpts from Lisa Baron's upcoming book are anything to go on, it's sure to be a scandalous read.

My Burning Bush, Baron's memoir of her days as the spokeswoman for Ralph Reed -- the former Christian Coalition leader and the man Time called "The Right Hand of God" -- is being shopped around the New York publishing houses. And it promises to embarrass more than one figure in America's conservative movement.

In one excerpt, Baron addresses the claims that Reed was behind a smear campaign against Sen. John McCain during the 2000 Republican primaries that implied the Arizona senator had had a love-child with a black woman.

"How would I know?" Baron writes, according to the New York Daily News. ""I was too busy giving [George W. Bush's future press secretary] Ari Fleischer [oral sex] in a Greenville hotel room."

Whether or not she was joking in that statement, Baron's attitude towards Fleischer appears to be making the former Bush White House spokesman less than happy.

Human sexuality is the most natural thing in the world but when a group of people
designates it sinful, dirty, and not deemed proper by those that espouse "family values" AND then the indulge in exactly the same thing they condemn others for...

We have a name for that....

I also don't blame Ms. Baron for her expose/book. She has as much right to tell her story as ex Gov. Palin has to tell hers.

My advice to the Christian Right would be to either practice what you preach or STFU.

[edit on 3-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I propose that they are UNABLE to practice what they preach, because they teach repression of human urges. When you put the human conscious mind in conflict with the unconscious mind AND the human body, eventually the conscious mind is going to lose. That's all there is to it.

You can tell yourself you're not gay all you want, and then, BAM! Caught in a motel doing drugs with a gay prostitute. Then you blame it on stress. Then you go on a retreat with a bunch of guys to the desert...which makes you straight again.

Fundamentalist magic tricks!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eviant

I just came across this.........

www.youtube.com...

There seems to be a lot of youtube stuff on Religious Right sexual activities.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I believe that I have the capacity to be fairly objective, but I'm at a total loss here.

How is a spokesperson for a lobbying group giving a BJ to someone in a hotel an indictment of the religious right?

If it was an indictment, how is it a conspiracy? Hypocritical? Maybe. Conspiracy? No.

Another thread out to bash religion that belongs in BTS

Eric

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Perhaps the conspiracy is that christians are being fooled by phony actors who carry a bible around and wear an american flag lapel, but in reality have contempt for the beliefs they preach, while tricking certain gullible religious groups into supporting them anyways, then proceed to take advantage of the entire country for the mistakes of said gullible religious groups who put them into power.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
I believe that I have the capacity to be fairly objective, but I'm at a total loss here.

How is a spokesperson for a lobbying group giving a BJ to someone in a hotel an indictment of the religious right?

If it was an indictment, how is it a conspiracy? Hypocritical? Maybe. Conspiracy? No.

Another thread out to bash religion that belongs in BTS

Eric

So you're being objective but you have'nt read the book? Interesting.

Is this conspiratioral enough for you?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

So you're being objective but you have'nt read the book? Interesting.

Is this conspiratioral enough for you?

Huh? Isn't it the responsibility of the OP to actually present the conspiracy in question?

The actual snippet provided by the person that created this thread had to do with oral sex by a spokesperson performed on Ari Fliescher. I don't see the conspiracy. Based on that alone (which is all that was provided), I don't even see the hypocrisy.

Add to that that the religious right is usually considered to be comprised of conservative Christians and Fliescher is Jewish and it seems like quite a stretch.

Eric

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Huh? Isn't it the responsibility of the OP to actually present the conspiracy in question?

The actual snippet provided by the person that created this thread had to do with oral sex by a spokesperson performed on Ari Fliescher. I don't see the conspiracy. Based on that alone (which is all that was provided), I don't even see the hypocrisy.

Fair enough. I exrapolated the connection of the Religious Right with the Bush White house ala Mr. Fliescher as the conspiracy.

And uno mas youtube for the conspiracy angle.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join