It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips before and after you see a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
November 30, 2009
There is one thing I know from my many years of reading on this subject, and that is, what a UFO witness should, and shouldn't do during, and after, a UFO sighting. Of course, most people don't plan on seeing a UFO, or if they do, never report it. But, for those who may

If you see a UFO keep your head.
The problem with seeing a UFO is the event becomes so startling that the witnesses are not using their heads. They forget they have the means, in many instances, to prove the event really happened. I met a scientist on a cruise once. He had one previous experience. He told me once he witnessed "shiny spheres" shooting along the highway in front of his car. His wife and family didn't believe him. We became friends and he started to delve into UFOs. Now he is a strong supporter of the realities of UFOs. About 6 months after we met the whole family was in their car when they had a daylight sighting. His wife and family no longer doubts him. He called me on the phone right after the sighting. The important point here is they had a video camera and photo camera in the car but the shock of what he saw gave him total "UFO amnesia" and he forgot he had them. Photos and video are important, but nothing beats independent witnesses with their own evidence. So, if you see people watching the same object it would be very smart if you could exchange phone numbers with them, or at least get their numbers

ufomedia.blogspot.com...

I have seen three up close sightings over the years, there are some good tips here but the problem seems to be you don't think of them at the time.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The trouble with reporting is that most of the time its word of mouth, when people have a sighting they are usually way too shocked to think of doing anything except standing there mumbling .
Shock sets in and the brain shuts down , all reasoning powers evaporate.
Seeing a UFO or any kind of 'unusual' sighting means that you are witnessing something so for out of the ordinary and so vastly unusual that you forget the simplest things, like that you have a camera or even a camera mobile phone.
You stand there ( looking at youtube clips ) mumbling "WTF is that? WTF?
WTF? ....... WTF?" and thats about it.
The majority of people have a video phone these days , the quality is poor to say the least as you are so excited and dumbfounded that your hands are shaking especially if its a 'close encounter' like a few hundred meters or less. Any further and you run the risk of looking the fool as you've been confused by a plane coming towards you and your seeing its lights.
Even if you remember to take the phone out and capture a grainy clip your mainly met with " HOAX, Your a kook, Waste of time, Not real evidence" remarks from people that are either jealous or don't beieve you.

I hope to see another UFO in my lifetime , preferably a lot closer than the last one ,and this time I'Ll be armed with a good 12mp camera and a hopefully unfuddled mind.

People don't want to report them as they think they'll be ridiculed by everyone else, but these ridiculers also want to see them and to have the evidence, so why not look into it first before calling HOAX eh?

My tips would be however , try to keep calm first (3 attempts to write calm, had clam, caml then calm) tsk.

Spend a few seconds observing and try to make sure its NOT an aircraft that your familiar with.

Keep your camera or phone in a handy location, like trouser pocket or breast pocket in a jacket.

Pre-empt your sighting by having your camera or fone set up to take either pics or video, one or the other, ( not like on view pics like I've found mine on a few times _ damn wife).

Try to get images of UFO ( obviously) , but also the local terrain, for distance purposes , many videos or pics have nothing to gauge the distance or size of said UFO.

If making a video try to remain CALM and speak slowly with out the WTF? nonsense, describe what your seeing , the direction your facing ( like south of x corner , junction of smith street , and jones avenue , looking towards centre of town, x building).

Maybe if more people gave accurate descriptions and notations then maybe the world wouldn't see UFOlogists and the rest of the UFO community as nutters or fruitcakes.

[edit on 3/12/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
"Before" you see a UFO? That seems kind of odd.
But during and after you should also consider some of the points in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I never understood why some people might be too embarrassed to bring forth pictures or video of a UFO sighting, or even take them for that matter. Of course it could be a plane, planet, ISS, etc since 90% of UFOs are mundane. I see no need to be ashamed to mistake something as something else, that is the only way to find out what UFOs are, to identify them, and if people are too worried about their pride, ego, whatever to present evidence they encountered then we will always be in the dark.

My point is that who cares what other people think of your sighting, who cares if it turns out mundane, the whole point is to investigate UFOs, not be absolutely sure it is a alien spacecraft before you attempt to take a picture of it or bring forth the evidence. One more thing, I mean really, who is going to make fun of someone for mistaking a mundane object for a UFO anyways?

[edit on 12/4/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Don't you think your "Tips" are a little naive? In your search to prove once and for all that UFOs exist don't be oblivious to the pitfalls. What if you do get a smoking gun? Do you really think you can do what many before you could not do? You really think it will be allowed? You may end up doing yourself in!

Be sure to leave yourself an out. Do not seek to prove beyond a doubt. Always leave some doubt. Unless you don't mind going to your grave with the truth.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Before a UFO sighting.

1.Carry a tripod everywhere you go.
2.Forget old style cell phone cameras.
3.Carry a HD camcorder with you everywhere you go.
4. Carry extra sets of batteries where ever you go.
5. Always have a witness with you everywhere you go.

After a UFO sighting.
1.Record the UFO sighting with the HD camcorder with your tripod and witness.
2. Record the whole UFO sighting and slowly adjust zoom if need be.
3. Do not add music to your UFO video.
4. Do not add a copyright to your UFO video.
5. If it looks like a Chinese lantern, do not upload it.

With these 10 simple steps, everyone can be a UFO recording master.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Totally agree with you, I have told everyone I know about my sightings and than some, the last one in August 1993 which was just above tree tops was witnessed by numerous people and made the news that night. It was a light dull gray triangle about the size of two football fields with a yellow glow on the leading edge..I did not see any panels or rivets, very smooth..it was floating, two guys followed in for about two miles in a Southeasterly direction and it blinked out all of a sudden. It seems that the more educated people are the more they except these kinds of things.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Originally posted by wiredamerican

Before a UFO sighting.

Yea that would work in theory. But honestly, who is going to make sure that everywhere they go they have a witness, a HD camcorder, a tripod, and extra batteries? I am a major UFO 'buff', but I won't go through all that trouble, unless I know I am going somewhere I might actually have a chance to get a close-up of a UFO. The practicality of doing it every time you leave the house just doesn't work.

After a UFO sighting.
1.Record the UFO sighting with the HD camcorder with your tripod and witness.
2. Record the whole UFO sighting and slowly adjust zoom if need be.
3. Do not add music to your UFO video.
4. Do not add a copyright to your UFO video.
5. If it looks like a Chinese lantern, do not upload it.

With these 10 simple steps, everyone can be a UFO recording master.

I agree about the music and copyright aspects, as well tips one and two. However, #5 seems a little ambiguous IMHO. Unless you know for sure it is a lantern I see no harm in uploading it for further analysis, of course only if it is the raw footage and decent enough to take the time and effort to analyze (meaning does it even have a chance of being anything more than a blinking, out of focus dot in the sky).

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Tips if you meet an Alien...

1. Don't mention the film "Independence Day"
2. If asked for an ambassador from earth, don't suggest George W Bush, Peewee Herman or your favourite WWE star.
3, Don't tell them they look taller than in "ET", they get that all the time.
4. Don't bother them with autograph requests, even if it is "for your daughter".
5. There is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that any aliens have ever paid any speeding fines, so if you're a cop, don't ticket them for a moving traffic violation, its a waste of time.
6. Don't ask to borrow a $5 to buy some batteries for your camera, they don't tend to carry cash.
7. If they ask you about the cultural achievements of the planet don't try to teach them the m how to dance the funky chicken or give them a copy of "The Dukes Of Hazzard"
8. Don't try to lighten things up with the gag about the Texan, the Irishman and the Alien - they've heard it all before.
9. If you have your dog with you, don't tie his leash on their spacecraft leg. It is demeaning and would be embarrassing if you forget to untie him again before they take off again.
10. And no, they aren't a taxi service, so don't ask for a ride to your auntie Maud's, the local 7-11, santa's grotto in Lapland.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
Before a UFO sighting.

You know this is so true.

The tripod would be hard unless you have one in the trunk and the UFO hangs around long enough for you to set it up and record. The old style cell phone should be clicking away as well as the new digital camera. You'll want as many different collaborating photos from as many devices and angles as possible.

I would recommend feeding your witness daily they tend to need food. Carrying one around in the trunk for such an occasion tends to get tedious.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I would recommend feeding your witness daily they tend to need food. Carrying one around in the trunk for such an occasion tends to get tedious.

Yep you have that right, what is the point of tips before hand, they never work when you need them.....I tend to travel alone so no witnesses for me.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I can completely understand why someone would be embarrassed about mentioning a UFO sighting... well, if it turned out to be a frisbee or something silly like that.

And it is quite possible that people would make fun of someone who had thought something like that was a UFO. I remember during the summer my friend was having a party, we were all out in the garden and along came a bunch of chinese lanterns... Took us all a good 30 seconds to realise what they were (in which time none of us thought to take a picture). And until this day if we see so much as a plane in the sky we start yelling to eachother that we're being invaded. Its just less embarrassing because there were a good 15/20 of us that thought they were actual UFO's

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
You might just be surprised by the reaction of some, in the nineties I was at a meeting in San Francisco with a group who publish a tourist type magazine in some major cities and the question was asked after dinner, "have you ever seen a UFO" will for the next two hours we heard about 10 experiences from this group who took it very seriously..so you never know until you ask the question which may be a better way of starting a conversation opposed to telling your own experience first.

top topics

join