It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Obama Preparing for Perpetual War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I think he is completely right, with this increase in war in a country with a puppet govt. we propped up the people will keep on resisting.

And it is just creating more hatred around the world so that can only mean one thing.

More countries will later be invaded until a puppet govt. is in every muslim country in the world.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think he is completely wrong and from the source he is stating that's not even a real news organization.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Would ObamaStation(MSNBC) be a more appropriate source?
personal i am a fan of neither
they are both the same at different ends of the spectrum

instead of just saying you think he is wrong why you don't you tell me HOW you think he is wrong?

Otherwise it was a pretty useless post

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ron Paul's a hypocrite if he believes that Obama's doing a perpetual war.

Obama wants to exit Iraq and focus on Afghanistan and getting the terrorists.

And the last time I checked, Ron Paul voted for the authorization for use of military force against terrorists in Afghanistan.

He's not going to get brownie points with the voting public just by putting down Obama...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
For christssakes, I wish Ron Paul was half as articulate as Obama. I could only watch about half of his hopelessly confusing explaination that, although the USA couldn't afford perpetual war, Obama was planning for it (even though Obama clearly says he favors investing in the US)...

Blah, Blah, Blah....

And by the way, the Fox News guys were all over Ron for suggesting we simply leave Afganistan ASAP. Their knee jerk response "WHAT????? AND LET THE TALIBAN TAKEOVER THE COUNTRY???!!! is so rediculously presumptive: These Taliban must be Fire-Breathing, Bullet-Proof, SuperMuslims that will not find ANY resistance among any Afganis who will all run away in fear.

Somehow, I doubt this Rumsfield/Cheney inspired fantasy.

I agree with Ron AND Obama: Its about time the USA spends money on the USA; close our bases in Iraq, Afganistan, Germany, and Japan and let these regions and countries sort themselves out.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It's not that far fetched.

The united states seems to have been at some conflict or another constantly since the korean war. We love our military complex, it's good for the economy.

Not an obama thing...

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Ron Paul's a hypocrite if he believes that Obama's doing a perpetual war.

And the last time I checked, Ron Paul voted for the authorization for use of military force against terrorists in Afghanistan.

He's not going to get brownie points with the voting public just by putting down Obama...

All 100 al qaeda terrorists the US govt thinks are there? lmao. These 100 dudes might over throw Pakistan! and then our freedom will be gone.

Since being a "terrorist" is a crime, and a US virtue is innocent until proven guilty.. there are NO terrorists in Afghanistan... unless convicted.

When they are found guilty of being a "terrorist" after due process and a fair trial... THEN they a convicted terrorist who should be incarcerated.

Suspected terrorists should have arrest warrants issued, if found, then arrested and processed to face justice... that is, after all, the american way.. of justice, and all that, we're trying to spread through the mid east... eh?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Did you not hear Obama talk about Pakistan last night? That's where he'll go after Afghanistan. Then you have Iran. It's not going to end.

Don't kid yourself. If they really wanted to end this they pull out or do a massive increase in troops. They do neither. Instead it's half ass support which will do nothing but increase anger towards our country, end the lives of 1000's more soldiers when it could be avoided, and continue to be a huge sap on WHAT IS LEFT OF OUR ECONOMY.

Innocent people have died on his watch just as it did on Bush. In fact, Obama has played more rounds of golf than Bush did in his first 3 years. We have over 17 percent "real" unemployment, and 8 year war with no end in sight, and a debt that will eventually cripple us even more.

The middle class can not absorb all of this any longer.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by David9176]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Did you not hear Obama talk about Pakistan last night? That's where he'll go after Afghanistan. Then you have Iran. It's not going to end.

Don't kid yourself. If they really wanted to end this they pull out or do a massive increase in troops. They do neither. Instead it's half ass support which will do nothing but increase anger towards our country, end the lives of 1000's more soldiers when it could be avoided, and continue to be a huge sap on WHAT IS LEFT OF OUR ECONOMY.

Innocent people have died on his watch just as it did on Bush. In fact, Obama has played more rounds of golf than Bush did in his first 3 years. We have over 17 percent "real" unemployment, and 8 year war with no end in sight, and a debt that will eventually cripple us even more.

The middle class can not absorb all of this any longer.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by David9176]

That's where you're wrong. Iran is not a terrorist organization. It's a government that has a seat on the UN. It's set by international law, as are we.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Bin Laden, and many senior Al-Qaeda operatives, are said to either be in the mountains of Afghanistan or Pakistan.

So, yeah, we're going to finish the battle and rid of the Al-Qaeda and the Taliban there.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

dude you clearly have your blindfolds on
do you know who america was supporting before when the soviets invaded afghanistan?

do you know who bin laden used to work for?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

dude you clearly have your blindfolds on
do you know who america was supporting before when the soviets invaded afghanistan?

do you know who bin laden used to work for?

Very much so. I know of the CIA's involvement with training Bin Laden and his guerilla forces.

Like many things in the past, America's involvement has soured much of the Middle East's history.

Did you know that we originally supported the Taliban and donated billions to helping them out?

That's in the past, though. After Bin Laden issued a fatwa on America, we're now all marked as enemies.

So, Academia, we need to stop the terrorists. Because, I'll tell you, leaving the war doesn't stop them from attacking us. They'll continue to attack. The bombing of our embassies, the killing of American civilians in foreign countries, and the possible attack on our own homeland.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

So, Academia, we need to stop the terrorists. Because, I'll tell you, leaving the war doesn't stop them from attacking us. They'll continue to attack. The bombing of our embassies, the killing of American civilians in foreign countries, and the possible attack on our own homeland.

if you want to stop the terroists then don't encourage it
that's the best way to stop terroism

tell me something first and foremost

Why are they attacking you?
Why?

Answer me this

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

if you want to stop the terroists then don't encourage it
that's the best way to stop terroism

tell me something first and foremost

Why are they attacking you?
Why?

Answer me this

According to the terrorists, and Bin Laden himself, he justified the killings of Americans because Muslims were being persecuted, and America was one of the persecutors, and "persecution is worse than killing."

You tell me now; are we persecuting Muslims? And even if we aren't, Bin Laden has also stated he's attacking because of America's presence within the Middle East.

Do you want to leave the Middle East and go back to isolationism?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

According to the terrorists, and Bin Laden himself, he justified the killings of Americans because Muslims were being persecuted, and America was one of the persecutors, and "persecution is worse than killing."

Dude Bin Laden is a former CIA agent man

Let me ask you this, who gained the most out of 9.11?

You tell me now; are we persecuting Muslims?

Huge embassies in almost every muslim country
War against Afghanistan, War against Iraq, War against Pakistan and soon war against Iran and Syria and we paid for the War on Lebanon.

We installed puppet govts in Iran in 53 to which Obama acknowledged, a puppet military dictator in Pakistan(mussaraf) and a puppet govt. in Afghanistan(Karzai).

A military base in Saudi Arabia which they consider their holy land

How do you think catholics would respond if muslims put a military base in vatican city?

Do you want to leave the Middle East and go back to isolationism?

Don't confuse isolationism with non-intervention

America respecting the sovereignty of foreign nations is NOT isolationism

Just imagine if muslim countries were installing puppet govts. here and ripping America of it's sovereignty, how do you think America would react?
What if China had a bases all over the country?

Embargos on Cuba and Iran? That's isolationism
McCain saying he wouldn't shake hands with the govt. of Spain(member of NATO) is isolationism.

Remember the G20 Summit?
Or some other summit don't remember
None of the World Leaders wanted to shake George Bush's hands, remember that?
Highest consequence of isolationism imaginable!

If America practiced non-intervention then we would go back to the days when America is a beloved country all throughout the globe.

Go to Europe bro, there's so much anti-americanism there too you have no idea.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It is obvious that the actions of the Bush administration and the Now Obama administration are harming US National Security MORE than Al Queda did on 911 or any point in the future.

We have now caused the death of more Americans fighting this useless war than Al Queda did.

We have destroyed our economy fighting these wars which could cause the collapse of our Nation.

If you ask me, the real enemy to America is the recent actions and inaction's of our own government. This massive spending has got to stop. Taxes must stop rising and the Fed needs to stop trying to run and control everything with our money.

Single term limits is the ONLY way to stop this from continuing.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Perpetual war is a part of globalism. Obama isnt engaged in anything every President since Washington ran over those Pennsylvania farmers hasnt been engaged in.

Stop crying foul when your butt-buddy gets his name called on and zoom out and look at the whole picture.

It enrages me to no end to know that my shackles are kept on by the stupidity of others.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Huge embassies in almost every muslim country War against Afghanistan, War against Iraq, War against Pakistan and soon war against Iran and Syria and we paid for the War on Lebanon.

We installed puppet govts in Iran in 53 to which Obama acknowledged, a puppet military dictator in Pakistan(mussaraf) and a puppet govt. in Afghanistan(Karzai).

A military base in Saudi Arabia which they consider their holy land How do you think catholics would respond if muslims put a military base in vatican city?

You have to stop bringing up the past; it happened. There is nothing we can to do change the past. We can change the future, though. You're like a broken record, Academic.

And your point is moot, Academia. There are military bases in Italy. I don't see any military bases in Mecca, which is the Islamic holy city.

If America practiced non-intervention then we would go back to the days when America is a beloved country all throughout the globe.

Go to Europe bro, there's so much anti-Americanism there too you have no idea.

I don't see Europe attacking us, though, do you? It's called free speech, Academia, unless you're against that.

Besides, what's your plan when Al-Qaeda strikes back at us and if they're in another country?

You don't have a plan, that's the point.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You have to stop bringing up the past; it happened. There is nothing we can to do change the past. We can change the future, though. You're like a broken record, Academic.

A massive embassy the size of the vatican in Iraq is very recent
Mussaraf a puppet govt. in Pakistan is very recent
and Karzai a puppet govt. in Afghanistan is almost yesterday dude

Nothign has stopped
You need to update yourself on current events dude
I said CURRENT events yes

And your point is moot, Academia. There are military bases in Italy. I don't see any military bases in Mecca, which is the Islamic holy city.

Italy.. pshhh

I gave you an analogy, catholics aren't muslims
they have a different mentality

Saudi Arabia...once again... is considered holy land for muslims

I don't see Europe attacking us, though, do you? It's called free speech, Academia, unless you're against that.

Oh dear god you are so missing the point
It seems you only focus on what you agree with

Besides, what's your plan when Al-Qaeda strikes back at us and if they're in another country?
You don't have a plan, that's the point.

They are in so many countries now... BECAUSE OF OCCUPATION!

America grew the problem way bigger than it ever could have been if it wasn't for their interventionism.

And Europe is very anti-american but they aren't attacking us yes
Because we haven't stripped THEM of their sovereignty

It's mostly muslims countries where we are installing puppet govts.

I don't have a plan?
You don't have a plan!
You can't have a plan when you refuse to understand the problem.

top topics

join