It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kucinich: Afghans Want to be Saved from Us, Not by Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Kucinich: Afghans Want to be Saved from Us, Not by Us

www.commondreams.org

“The people of Afghanistan don’t want to be saved by us. They want to be saved from us. Our presence and our Predator drones kill countless innocents, creating more US enemies and destabilizing Pakistan. The US-created Karzai government is hopelessly corrupt and despised by the Afghan people. Our solution: Provide him with a high-level US minder which will make him even less legitimate. Another strategy: Buy or rent "friends" among would-be insurgents and give them guns and cash. But when t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So very true, I can try to find something that I don't agree with but I just am not able to succeed.

And he is spot on when he says it's time to include financial security in national security.

There have but nothing but way too many coups all around the planet and take a wild guess who, by far, did the large majority of them?

This is just creating more and more enemies in an endless war against mostly innocent people.

It's time to GET OUT!

At the end of the day people can senseless scream "islamic terroism" all they want, it changes nothing but yourself and your mentality, and hate just grows within you more and more like a tumor.

They put Mussaraf in power whom nobody wanted, a military dictator, they put the shah of iran in power, they are rebuilding iraq in whatevery they consider to be their(our) vision, and now a puppet govt. in Afghanistan.

These wars are nothing but coup d'etats, with trails of bloodshed behind them.

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-12-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Kucinich is the Only Dem I listen to. As Paul is the Only Repub I listen to.

Too bad we cannot have ONLY those two writing the laws.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What this nation needs is a Kucinich/Paul ticket in 2012. Well actually tomorrow.

They are both spot on, and the crazy thing is they end up appearing to be the crazies in comparisson because we let the lunatics run the assylum in Washington D.C.

The only thing we should be sending to Afghanistan right now is restitution.

The question is who the heck are we going to borrow it from????

[edit on 2/12/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

very true
doesn't hurt to dream eh?

also check this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Get Them Out!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The truth is we could extradite ourselves from this abysmal state of affairs even still, if we but stopped listening to and supporting the politicians beholden to entrenched corporate agendas and rooting for them like they are football teams.

If we just got back to basic common sense government and listening to our better angels conscious wise and stopped insisting on being all things to all people, and focused on being good at the basic things for our people instead of three quarters of the planet that really doesn’t want anything at best but our cash, and at worst to kill us for butting our noses in, we could still turn our plight around and avert what is certainly a looming disaster.

Lone wolf politicians like Kucinich and Paul are the common sense, plain truth speaking people that really are in Washington to serve us and not the entrenched corporate interests and the ruinous status quo.

The darn problem is we have gotten so focused on an enslaving notion of political correctness that half the nation can’t bear to hear the hard truths or admit them and face that responsibility that comes along with it, that there own self destructive, dysfunctional thinking and actions are half the problem, in some insane quid pro quo where special interest groups support these lunatic politicians and their entrenched corporate interests in exchange for special considerations aimed at satiating their own corrupt needs.

If we just dropped the parties, and the special interest groups, that are exploited by the lobbies and corporate interests and simply united in basic, rudimentary common sense approaches to our problems and sucked it up and hung tough through the cost of correcting our excesses, altering course, rectifying them and reconciling them, we could move forward as a proud and productive nation again that could ensure liberty, prosperity and equality and justice for all.

At this rate though paying trillions of dollars to terrorize nations like Afghanistan out of their natural resources and their own dignity and right to self determination we are on a path to ultimate ruin.

It is so sad that the American dream and it’s lofty constitutional principles have turned out to be so short lived.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I completely agree
that's a serious issue

another issue though is the two party system not just special interest groups

the two party system needs to crumble and allow 3rd party candidates into the debates, they got so scared after ross perot that they never allowed that to happen again so clinton created the debate commission.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I admire kuccinich but for one problem, he is for gun control.

Beyond that he is wise. Good find op.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The problem is that people in the US have forgotten the words the country was founded on. "All men are created EQUAL". It only seems to count if you're a US citizen. ALL MEN. Nobody has the right to shape regimes or countries into what they bekieve is the correct way. TOLERANCE and UNDERSTANDING are the key words. PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT overseas. Let them evolve in the natural way. You never know, they may come up with a Utopian Society that is better than the US. Too many people taking advantage of those less advanced will breed contempt. Thats a word that most americans don't care about (COS WERE NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!). Attitude is your achilles heal.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The 2 party system makes professional wrestling appear to be legitimate in comparison.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
What this nation needs is a Kucinich/Paul ticket in 2012. Well actually tomorrow.

They are both spot on, and the crazy thing is they end up appearing to be the crazies in comparisson because we let the lunatics run the assylum in Washington D.C.

I think it is mainly to do with tv also. Tv is amazing at conning people to accept just rubbish and lies. Just say it on tv, and people just accept it, amazing.

Its also amazing, that while iran does nothing. America goes around with uk, and blows up people day and night, and the world is scared of who? The world because of tv, is scared of people that are not doing anything to them, lol.

Bizarre how it all works. People hear iran and nuclear weapons, who is it that has only used nukes, america. So why are we afraid of people other than america? Pakistan has had nukes for years, and have they used them, no.

Plus iran is a far more stable country than pakistan, so why are we scared of them?

Who really is the danger to the world and its safety?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The only way, IMO, to end the two-party domination is to create caps on campaigning. In other words, every candidate would receive "x" amount of dollars for campaigning. Period. They may spend their alotted amount anyway they see fit throughout the campaign period. This would also be a great indication for budgeting, impact spending, etc.

No personal funds, no direct corporate contributions. No lobbyists. Nothing.

In order to determine said candidates, primaries would be held. We could choose five (or three, four). Three could be democrats, two independents, etc. It would not be restricted to one from each party. Afterall, if the best two candidates are both democrats -- who cares? Isn't the idea to simply get the best person for the job? Also known as for whom the people vote.

The democrat and republican bankrolls are too large to make a dent into. I see no reason why any politician would have to be rich to be a great leader. In fact, maybe a little less "priviledge" and a little more "common sense" is in order.

The majority of Americans are not wealthy elitists with gold-standard schooling. So why are they the ones representing us?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Good idea. I always wonder how many regular Joe/Jane Schmo's who make a modest living are out there and could possibly be the best leaders America and the World every saw.

This is one reason why I've decided that, unless there is an extremely compelling reason for me to do otherwise, I will only ever write in my candidate. Because I know that who ever is in the Democratic/Republican spot on that ticket is 98% guaranteed to NOT be the best person to represent all Americans. Meaning there's a 2% chance that one of those people will represent anyone other than the top 2% wealthiest people in this country.

(By the way, 76% of statistics are made up on the spot)

top topics

join