It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born-Again Catholic Lapsing Back Into Paganism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
After a long illness & turning back to the Catholic faith, I find myself being lulled back into my Pagan ways...

Actually, I really do believe & respect Jesus now, and I didn't before--so at least that's something. Before, I couldn't stand to look at a crucifix...and those "Happy Christians" really annoyed me. Now I have a more open view and own several books on the Christian perspective.

And I don't spell "magic" like "magick" anymore, like I did when I was totally Pagan.

But my belief in Jesus and Christianity is highly personal & unique.

And I think that the Virgin Mary is the personification of the spirit of Mother Earth.

So I guess I'm going to hell. Or the Summerland. Or Valhalla. Or Hades.

What's worse--many hardline Pagans won't even talk to you if you admit to believing in aspects of Christianity.

"Witches For Jesus" -- what do you think?
(you're going to burn burn in helllllllll...)

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Your thoughts concerning Christianity are close to my own. I too see Mary as the personification of the Goddess. After all, Catholicism originally overshadowed the original pagan holy days with Christianised versions. For example, Yule (the birth of the sun god) became Christmas (the birth of Christ). Catholicism is the closest Christian belief to the original pagan ones, and is the one I resonate closest to. (I was Christened Catholic and was part of the faith for quite a few years).

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Cassie Clay

Hi Cassie it sounds like from your post that you are a believer in God but you are not His disciple through Jesus Christ. This teaching may help bring clarity to your mind of what a Christian is and is not.

soundcloud.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'm a a Christian Gnostic and a universalist so I really don't see the problem. In fact I'm heartened to see more open minded people in this forum because it's mostly fundys and new atheists...

top topics

join