It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Western Pa. man cited for flying flag upside-down "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
ori.msnbc.msn.com...

On Monday, someone complained about the flag being flown upside down at Rice's home and he was cited for "insults to national or commonwealth flag."

There goes 1A

-Al

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This will be tossed prior to any trial taking place.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Damn. I know the guy. I can believe him. I have a pretty good idea who filed the complaint too. How hard could it be to just tell the guy that his flag is upside down? The citation is a joke. I wouldn't pay it. I wonder if he would have been cited if he was burning the flag?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
surely if US vehicles can have the upside down USflag on them (seen on three trucks sent inot bosnia during clintons era, and a few times on vehicles since)

surely its legal for any other citizen to do the same??

maybe he's just showing alliegience to the real american power.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
To me it actually makes sense in a way, its a distress call, and I believe it should be answered, perhaps they all need to fly inverted for a while.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Thought you flew the flag upside down for showing distress?
I knew that a lot of Americans flew their flags upside down because they were 'protesting' and claiming that the US was in distress.

Just takes a brainwashed moron , like the person who complained to think that flying the flag wrong way up needs moaning about. Maybe these people should go upto the person and say " you know your flags the wrong way?", maybe then they'll get the real answer instead of being interferring busybodies? I also suspect they are the kind of person that believes the Government at everyword, believes the MSM , and also has no real friends?

[edit on 2/12/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Not just the person who called on him,
you could also say the person who cited him is brain-washed as well.
While I respect the flag, I am sick and tired of "well-meaning, good American" neighbors who stick their nose in people's business over every single thing. Just goes to show how uninformed people really are.

This page has a list of flag etiquette (sorry still can't figure out how to put links in.)

www.gruntsmilitary.com...
Upside down...
An upside-down flag is considered a distress signal.

new topics

top topics

join