It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran 'expects Russian missiles within 2 months'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Iran 'expects Russian missiles within 2 months'

www.iraq-war.ru

Iran expects Russia to deliver powerful S-300 air-defence missile systems within two months despite fierce objections from the United States and Israel, Tehran's ambassador to Moscow has said.

Moscow missed its initial deadline to deliver the S-300s, which could defend Iranian nuclear facilities against an Israeli strike, but has reassured Tehran that they will arrive soon, Ambassador Mahmoud Reza Sajadi said.

'There were statements by certain individuals that these weapons systems would not be delivered to Iran. But when we asked the responsible officials, they denied these statements
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.iraq-war.ru
www.haaretz.com

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Which might be related to another announcement, perhaps this was a swap: gas projects for missiles.

TEHRAN – __The Russian energy minister and officials from the Iranian Oil Ministry have agreed on a gas swap, the implementation of 15 new oil and gas projects, the construction of a oil refinery near the Caspian Sea, and the establishment a joint oil company.

Good for them, iran has every right to protect thier assets and more nations need to follow russias lead and ignore silly US / israeli propaganda and do business with iran.

CNN & the US govt will tell you iran is defying "the world" or "international calls" when in reality more nations support iran: 118 nations back not attacking irans nuclear plants, i.e leaving them alone... only a small handful continue to absurd propaganda that iranian leaders are intent on nuking muslim holy land they consider occupied by israel... which would also summarily vaporize a-lot of muslim palestinians.

Maybe those wicked evil iranians have some sort of crazy "occupation-only nuke" that will only kill non muslim occupiers? and not render muslim holy land radioactive & useless?

Nuking a stolen car you wanted back would be as counter productive as iran destroying ancient holy land they want returned.

www.iraq-war.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Iran wont nuke anyone. That's just a one sided mind to have a thought like that. They want the nuke so they can have influence in the middle east. Why should Israel and the US have all the rights to negotiate deals on resources. Or on how other are supposed to live.

The nuke is just a tool that is need to be able to sit at the same table as Israel and the US. You will be heard if you have a nuke.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Shoudn't this read "Iran 'expects Israeli missiles within 2 months'"?

I bet sometime before those Russian missles arrive those Israeli missles will arrive via Air Mail. Either that or Israel will let them be delivered by Russia and then bomb them before they get implemented.

Those Iranians must be military geniuses to let this kind of information out. They might as well sent Israel a letter begging them to bomb them.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I don't want to derail the thread but I feel this will put a strike on Iran from Israel in a little better perspective. Iran is attempting to bolster it's anti-aircraft net with these Russian SAMs. However I am thinking they need to be far more concerned about these: ( These reports are from 5-10 years back so assume upgrades since.):
Israeli cruise missiles
Popeye Turbo

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hot, nice one!!

So many people always assume Israel will fight a war in the way "they" expect them to.

They never have and never will.

Their unconventional methods are what has kept them wining war after war with their neighbors.

My point, some people assume the sam's matter-only in a very simple conventional (read normal, not nuclear) method of attack, which anyone who has read history knows just won't happen.

I am not saying I know what method will be used, but rest assured, it will not be what anyone expects.

Case and point, i am not sure just how important the missiles will be in the case of an attack.

Lastly and perhaps most important, missiles and radar mean almost nothing, ask Syria in the 67 war, the ability to setup and use with intelligence is the main factor.
Unless Russia sets it up for them, the setup will be less than optimal.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Then you must be a "genious" to buy the story that the iranians are still "waiting" for their cargo lol NICE ONE LOL

top topics

join