It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Haaretz Exclusive: EU draft document on division of Jerusalem"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The Link

The current holder of the rotating European Union presidency, Sweden, has put together a draft document calling for the division of Jerusalem between Israel and a future Palestinian state and implying that the EU would recognize a unilateral Palestinian declaration of statehood.

Wow.

This is a serious call not only for a two-state solution but also for the division of Jerusalem making east Jerusalem the Palestinian State Capital.

I personally am 100% behind this but am buckling up because this is the sort of thing that makes the State of Israel insanely mad.

Follow the link to see the draft document, it is a pretty bold move on the part of the EU.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

As it is a draft resolution proposed by Sweden , it has yet to garner the backing of the other E.U member states.
Considering that the U.S approach vis-a-vis total settlement freeze has essentially collapsed , its nice to see a little impetus from Europe.

A lot can happen between now and the E.U foreign ministers meeting at the end of the month .

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I will repeat my comment on another thread on this issue which is such a preventor to any peace deal.

Yes Yes Yes, Go E.U Go!

Get behind this please E.U, back Swedens proposal.

join