It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet 51 Pixar - Has anyone noticed the many hidden messages?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm one of the biggest critics of the "imminent disclosure" threads, but some of you seem to be coming down on the OP for suggesting something that he/she doesn't really suggest at all.

Where in the OP is it suggested that this has something to do with disclosure? I see none of that.

The OP suggested that there's hidden messages in this CGI movie. Well maybe we have no way of knowing that they're "hidden messages" per se, but they are definitely interesting references, and the OP pointed some of them out as an example of what to expect.

Again, I don't see the OP suggesting that these messages in the movie have anything to do with disclosure.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge
Again, I don't see the OP suggesting that these messages in the movie have anything to do with disclosure.

My interpretation is that if it is a movie posted in Aliens and UFOs that is discussing hidden messages, it is a Disclosure thread, or at the very least a conspiracy of SOME caliber. If it was merely someone asking about hidden messages in a movie, without the conspiratorial theme, it would most assuredly be BTS worthy.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Forget about the symbolisms, what about the fact that there is a hefty amount of alien based media being released?

Granted there have been countless ET based movies.
But, why so much of it in such a short time span?

Could be nothing, just coincidence, but it catches my attention.

Back on topic

I haven't seen it, but I'll watch it out of curiosity.
But I usually don't take symbolisms in children's movies to seriously.

Y'know, Hollywood and all...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
Forget about the symbolisms, what about the fact that there is a hefty amount of alien based media being released?

Seriously? What about the plethora of Vampire movies that have come out recently. I can't go to the movies without a vampire movie being one of my choices.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
My interpretation is that if it is a movie posted in Aliens and UFOs that is discussing hidden messages, it is a Disclosure thread

Yes I know it's your, and others', interpretation that's why I raised this point. Interpretation, and perhaps assumption, being key here.

If it was merely someone asking about hidden messages in a movie, without the conspiratorial theme, it would most assuredly be BTS worthy.

I don't see why the conspiratorial theme, as you put it, has to be necessarily associated with disclosure.

There are many other avenues that can be explored by discussing the messages in this animation movie, which although not as much in recent times, are still movies mainly targeting younger people.

I don't believe that these messages are part of any disclosure effort, as I've mentioned many times before in regards to other movies and shows, and as such maybe I see other potential areas for discussion about these things, especially when the OP doesn't even mention disclosure at all. It's a shame that you don't.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by converge]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
When I first saw the trailer I noticed an odd thing that I interpreted as some type of hidden message.

When the astronaut first lands on the planet, one of the aliens is cooking meat on a barbecue. For some odd reason when the meat heats up it starts to levitate off of the grill. The meat is also shaped like the traditional style flying saucers. To me it seems like a hint towards levitation technology.

At the time I was studying and writing about gravity and magnetism on ATS and how the Earth is a giant magnet and how it effects all objects. I was even discussing the curie point of magnetic things, and how heating a piece of metal to its curie point will make the object weigh less because it is less attracted to Earth's magnetism.

It was a weird coincidence for me...

[edit on 1-12-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Mate.. seriously... its a disney movie. the disney corporation has no more insight to ufology than you do, or I do. Just because Tim Burton has millions of dollars does not put him in the know. Or are we now looking to a giant peach being the next serious conspiracy? ok ok... Gene Roddenbury, maybe had some insite, or one hell of a great imagination. I'd buy either one. Maybe even George Lucas, and POSSIBLY Jim Henson.. maybe they too have ties with people "in the know" or too, they have wonderful imaginations. I'd buy either with them as well. Phillip K Dick? no.. just a good sci fi author. Bottom line is there is no way in hell anyone is preparing the public throguh movies from Disney, Done Bluth, Dream Works, or ANY of the other known production companies out there. Alien sh** sells. that is all. We buy it. Why, because 80% of the people have an inner lying interest in exobiology. whats next.... Are we going to find hidden messages in Dune, or Moby DIck?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Seriously? What about the plethora of Vampire movies that have come out recently. I can't go to the movies without a vampire movie being one of my choices.
Or Zombies.. remember that phase? I guess the 2012 thing will make the dead rise again. Damn it.. Dad I have to do you in two times? also I remember just before 6-06-06, all teh movies of Satan were made, devils advocate, Meet Joe Black, Lost Souls, End of Days, etc etc etc. Satan never came. I even had an inverted cross on me door to have a cup of tea with the old boy and nothing. Although some nut job christian did come to my door and started yelling at me.. I just told him to get fu**ed. that was the end of that fiasco.

I think whats funniest is the V series. Everyone is throwing all this to do about the flu episode. The same episode was run in teh 80's. back then though, we did have a good understanding that telly was NOT real life. Oh well.. this generation is getting a bit whacked these days.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

you say " hidden message " i say " in joke " the difference ?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IceDash
well I just got Night at the muesum 2 DVD and I noticed alot hidden message to encourage american people stand up

I noticed when General Custer admit he is a failure, Ben Stiller told him we need a leader.

This is hidden message that we need a real leader, not Obama, to stand up what left of american, this movie sound like trying to tell us a hidden agenda about the NWO talking over the world..

Sorry I cant buy this one either, Obama came into power in what Janury 2009, Night at the museum was FILMED in May/August 2008 way before Obama became president! Infact the trailer was released in December 2008.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by converge
Where in the OP is it suggested that this has something to do with disclosure? I see none of that.

When I read the replies I couldn't help but chuckle, I didn't mention disclosure once yet those on that band wagon come galloping in on their high horse and draw their sword without any rational chit chat.

The point I was trying to make is that this animation has many hidden quirks that relate to HUMAN - ET behaviour and if you actually watch the film before commenting you will see what I mean.

Come on people hold the flaming for the 911 and drugs debate. This is light hearted observation thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

My interpretation is that if it is a movie posted in Aliens and UFOs that is discussing hidden messages, it is a Disclosure thread,

You said it yourself Hank, its your own interpretation, not necessarily the view of everyone elses. Therefore my own interpretation is that this particular animation PLANET 51 has many hidden references aimed at the conspiracy theorists.

Plenty to keep the adults entertained you would love it that way afterwards you will be able to make a decision based on the experience and not from asumptions.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

My interpretation is that if it is a movie posted in Aliens and UFOs that is discussing hidden messages, it is a Disclosure thread,

You said it yourself Hank, its your own interpretation, not necessarily the view of everyone elses. Therefore my own interpretation is that this particular animation PLANET 51 has many hidden references aimed at the conspiracy theorists.

Plenty to keep the adults entertained you would love it that way afterwards you will be able to make a decision based on the experience and not from asumptions.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by franspeakfree]

I'm just calling Bull#, and I will show you why.

...the animation is trying to explain to the audience that what we have been told by the powers such as NASA and other space agencies may not be entirely true...

So you didn't say the word Disclosure... big deal.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Well, I have not seen it yet. It comes next month. I suppose many people haven't seen it neither.

Anyway, I don't think the filmmakers are all on a conspiracy. It is one of the first (if not, the first) film they do. The studio was founded by a spanish videogame company, they needed to do something that would caught people attention. I just think they wanted to do a good film. I've not seen anything related to conspiracy on this country.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Could be nothing, just coincidence, but it catches my attention.

Back on topic

I haven't seen it, but I'll watch it out of curiosity.
But I usually don't take symbolisms in children's movies to seriously.

Y'know, Hollywood and all...

Me either. Maybe the influx of alien-related cinema is an attempt by TPTB to unite the world in the face of contact with an ET (hostile or not) sort of a-la Watchmen (the novel, not the movie)

Oh, and star for Dimebag, RIP.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

What were you expecting? That people wouldn't associate your speach with disclosure? We had 1000 threads on disclosure, and 2 or 3 about this movie.

And if you were not talking about disclosure related messages (as in preparation for...), I honestly don't understand your point.

How can you spot hidden messages "about aliens" if the whole movie is about aliens?

They don't try to hide it. They are the whole theme of the movie.

[edit on 2/12/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Ok right off the bat, and if anyone else said this I will just reiterate, Planet 51 Area 51...correlation???? Me thinks so.
Other than that haven't really seen the movie yet...so.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

It's a film about aliens. I'd be more suprised if there wasn't any alien references throughout it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join