It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul gains mainstream steam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Ron Paul gains mainstream steam

s libertarian rock star and Texas Republican Ron Paul going mainstream?

He’s got everyone from South Carolina Republican Sen. Jim DeMint to Minnesota moderate Democrat Collin Peterson to California liberal Barbara Boxer on his side in his audit-the-Fed crusade. He’s drawing liberal support in his push to rein in the cost of the war in Afghanistan. Senate candidates like Democratic Rep. Paul Hodes of New Hampshire are finding Dr. No’s populist economic anger to be useful in the campaign, echoing Paul’s criticism of the Federal Reserve.

Even Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank (D-Mass.) is delivering backhanded compliments, taking credit for merely allowing a vote on Paul’s amendment to audit the central bank.

I wonder what the first year of his presidency would have looked like?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
good to see i like the way his views are on most things more than anyone yet

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Jesse Venture Ron Paul 2012 -am i rite?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Pelosi will never let it get a floor vote.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I wonder what the first year of his presidency would have looked like?

Obviously we can't know for sure, but I don't think it woulda been pretty. Americans want a quick fix and even Paul admits that his ideas would be very hard on the country for an indefinite amount of time before things got better. That is assuming he could get any of his ideas through a congress which seems more bent on wanting the other party to fail then actually doing anything productive. Also, not being aligned with organizations like the trilateral commission, the council on foreign relations, and the federal reserve would almost certainly lead to his assassination. Still though, you gotta start somewhere, and I think paul woulda been an amazing choice. But you can never count on the public to pick the right guy....

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

no you're absolutely wrong. Paul has gained a lot of mainstream clout it's true. The guy is on the major networks on a very regular basis these days. But, picking ventura as a running mate would be political suicide. I like ventura too, but could you imagine what the media would have to say about that? That ticket would be a total joke. If you listen to Paul speak, he does a great job of never trashing other politicians personally, or treading into things that would be total career suicide, like 911 truth. I like ventura and all his conspiracy theories too, but I'm an ATS member. I don't see him ever getting into politics again, sorry.

top topics

join