It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supplement Solutions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Are there reliable sites that discuss effective supplements without plugging their own or affiliates products? Basically, I'm skeptical of self-serving sites.

A bit of background...
I've had very bad luck in the blood pressure pharma medications I've been taking. Either they make me sleepy (even at low doses) or they have dramatic side effects such as affecting my performance in bed (and I'm not referring to sleeping either). When I gradually went off these meds, things got way better so I know I'm not entirely plugged up artery-wise. Though I did have some stents put in a few years back.

Now blood pressure is easy to measure and if I do find something more natural and effects-free solution I should easily see lower blood pressure in my daily readings. FYI, I'm already physically active and while that helps some, it comes no where near lowing my blood pressure to an acceptable level. Also, I eat plenty of fruits/vegetables and eat right on all levels and don't overeat and am not overweight. Still, without my pharma meds my blood pressure would average 174/109 with a high pulse rate (can't remember).

Any insights are appreciated.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

High blood pressure is very hard to control with natural substances. I gave up with my mother and just give her the prescribed pills. Sorry to tell you this. Her diabetes is controlled with one tab of metformin 1000mg and chromiun picolinate 800mcg. daily. She gets ginko biloba, vitamin C and fish oil daily.

Also iron tabs intermittently and vitamin D 50,000 IU once weekly.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. I hope there'll be more responses. Maybe I should have titled this thread with something more interesting.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by thepixelpusher]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

I would like to suggest changing your thread title to "Suppliment solutions for vampires verses zombies." You will get hundreds of hits.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
goji juice is great for blood, it is super-oxidant, it basically renews your blood to original state

here, worldwide shop, drink 1lt and check the blood, you will see

www.hwize.com...

(i buy stuff from there all the time)

(not in one go- over a week)

here are some health stories i found for you www.gojihealthstories.com... but you can trust my personal opinion, goji is just crazy superfood

[edit on 2-12-2009 by angelx666]

new topics

top topics

join