It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama did not Salute at National Anthem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
RIGHT?

NO! WRONG!!

There has been thousands of remarks on ATS (last one I saw was today itself) by several different members about a photograph purporting to show President Obama at Arlington National Cemetery on Veterans Day, listening to the national anthem without his hand over his heart and also according to new chain-emails claiming the above picture is at the Fort. Hood Memorial.

Just few minor twist here.

1. He didn’t wear a red tie that (Veteran) day, as he does in the picture, but a blue one, and he wore a winter coat over his suit.

2. Everybody in the picture is either saluting or has his hand over the HEART so there must be national anthem going on. Incorrect, a C-SPAN footage from the event shows that this photo was snapped just after Obama took the stage (around 11:16 on the video) — "Hail to the Chief" was playing, not the national anthem.

The others on the podium aren’t saluting veterans or the nation; they’re saluting the commander in chief.

The video goes on to show that Obama actually standing with hand over his heart after the wreath-laying, while "Taps" is being played (starting at 1:04) and during the national anthem (13:16).

And this picture is not of Fort. Hood Memorial as there are lots of flags (refer the below you tube video) in the background which are missing from the above picture.

The picture is of Memorial Day Observance not of Veteran's Day or Fort. Hood. I hope this finally debunks the rumor and false accusations being thrown on daily if not hourly basis at ATS.

Sources: www.factcheck.org...
www.nytimes.com...
www.youtube.com...
news.yahoo.com...
www.c-spanvideo.org...&start=0&end=2520

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

The picture you show of him with his hand over his heart shows him wearing a red tie. If he was wearing a blue tie that day how is that picture significant?
Like were they on different days or something, orrrrr.........

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Lol! are you for real!! Did you even read what is written above? Try clicking on the links above and denying ignorance. Jeez'

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

..yawn i need more sleep.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by heyo]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

You don't understand, do you? On the basis of the above picture people are claiming he has not held his hand when the national anthem was being played.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

He is either trolling your thread or suffering from lack of oxygen (mistaken as sleepiness) due to the high altitude of the Rocky Mountains. .

I would never point someone out as a troll, so I'll go with lack of comprehension due to oxygen starvation. .

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Yep I know, already used the Troll Alert sign

Truth really is bitter for some people..specially when it tears the facade.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
trolling? come on guys relax.
I know it was dumb and i left it up there for you all to see so you can comment on it and have a gay old time. fair enough?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Yep I know, already used the Troll Alert sign

Truth really is bitter for some people..specially when it tears the facade.

wow you are over the top. "tears the facade"?

ya, the facade. Just torn right up.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What is this thread for? Debunking stuff that actually has no merit.

How about debunking the fact that Obama may as well call his administration Bush III.

How bout debunking them apples.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
What is this thread for? Debunking stuff that actually has no merit.

How about debunking the fact that Obama may as well call his administration Bush III.

How bout debunking them apples.

Debunking the lies floating around lil' pea, so I don't have to see the ignorant lies again and again on ATS everyday.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
He did it once, can't blame people for expecting him to do it again

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Yeah Obama is the real deal and gets crap from all the freaks. Yet Palin twitters that she is on her bus to a signing in Florida -when she was actually caught on a private flight -she gets worshiped. I'm sick of the hypocrisy from the right.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
You say he is the real deal I do hope you understand what that deal is. If you are for much bigger goverment taking away what little rights you have left he is your guy. And I would love to hear otherwise show me one thing this guy has done to limit the size of goverment or to extend more civil liberties. The hope and change he is selling is the same kind mao zedong and lenin sold to their people.

Please will the obama lover that has read history please stand up. And honestly if you think he is a great guy it puts you into three categories with me the first one is the young person who has not lived without a safety net and thinks change is always a good thing----The next one is a believer they think a collective is a good thing and the will of the many has more rights than the individual---The next one is the sheep they will be lead by whoever is leading. Which one do you fall into?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The picture is of Memorial Day Observance

Yeah, that makes it ok.

You are right about Vets day photo, but this is no excuse.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

your post shows exactly why there are political forums on ATS.com

S&F - and faux applause to you December_Rain. Not because it's about Obama, but because it's showing his detractors just how stupid they look to someone with half a brain stem when they choose to create lies to debunk him, instead of using the things that are already there.

Thank you for this post - i will be using it on my die-hard republican friends @ work today

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Please will the obama lover that has read history please stand up.

So what you'er saying is - just because someone makes a thread that points out conservative stupidity - that shows conservative lies and conservative ignorance where Barack Obama is concerned....that this person is automatically a worshiper of Obama?

Seriously man - you are confusing everyone around you - and i'd wager a bet, you confuse yourself quite often as well.

I want you to try and wrap you head around this if you can:

Exposing lies about someone doesn't *always* mean there's a secret love.

Personally - i just hate die hard idiot republican conservatives (not all, just the die hard idiots) so any time i see threads like this that expose their true image...i throw a party.

Keg @ my house. 7:30

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I will not drop to your level of name calling because I believe it shows weakness in what you are trying to say. I am willing to bet you still live at home and have not ventured out into the great big world yet. You say a blindly follow I hate bush just as much and I was actually hoping obama would bring us together. I guess he did in a way but not in a good way.

The facts are the facts and you made it personal rather than go after the facts which shows weakness in your arguement. Show me how what he is doing is good for the country with a valid arguement and I will listen. I must admit I am rather releaved to see the lack of common sense when it comes to the opposing side. When confronted with facts name calling will only work for so long. When the name calling does not work anymore all you will have are the facts do you even no what they are? Also if this is confusing have one of your parents read it with you.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I will not drop to your level of name calling because I believe it shows weakness in what you are trying to say. I am willing to bet you still live at home and have not ventured out into the great big world yet. You say a blindly follow I hate bush just as much and I was actually hoping obama would bring us together. I guess he did in a way but not in a good way.

I love how in one sentence you claim you will not "lower yourself" and in the very next sentence, you lower yourself.

"I will not call you names, i believe its bad. IDIOT!!!!!"

Isnt it hilarious how everyone who opposes you is blind, and you are the only person who see's clearly?

Reminds me of an old George Carlin skit:

Have you noticed that their stuff is (feces) and your (feces) is stuff?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join