It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Huckabee connection to Police Killer from Washington State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Huckabee: "Failure of the criminal Justice System"... Looks to me like the only failure here is Huckabee. And this is a person that is thinking about running for President in 2012???

Four police slain in ‘targeted ambush’ near Washington air force base
Source: Raw Story

Attempting to deflect some of the blame, Huckabee said in a statement on his website that if Clemmons was responsible for the shootings "it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington State."

He was recommended for and received a commutation of his original sentence from 1990. This commutation making him parole eligible and was paroled by the parole board once they determined he met the conditions at that time. He was arrested later for parole violation and taken back to prison to serve his full term, but prosecutors dropped the charges that would have held him.

Mediaite's Steve Krakauer asks if the shooting suspect will end up becoming "Huckabee's Willie Horton."

The Washington Independent's David Weigel notes that at the HuckPAC website there is "trouble in Hucktown" where some critical comments are being left complaining about the former governor trying to deflect the blame.

"As I read this statement many share in the responsibility for allowing a dangerous man to roam the streets," one Linda Martino writes. "It lists many except Mike Huckabee. I would have been more impressed if Mr. Huckanee took some responsibility instead of naming everyone else. Either name all or don’t list anyone."

Clemmons served only a fraction of a 35-year prison term in Arkansas before his sentence was controversially commuted by the state's then Governor Mike Huckabee, who mounted an unsuccessful bid for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, the Times added.

[edit on 11/30/2009 by x2Strongx]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
www.mikehuckabee.com...

""The senseless and savage execution of police officers in Washington State has saddened the nation, and early reports indicate that a person of interest is a repeat offender who once lived in Arkansas and was wanted on outstanding warrants here and Washington State. The murder of any individual is profound tragedy, but the murder of a police officer is the worst of all murders in that it is an assault on every citizen and the laws we live within.

Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington State. He was recommended for and received a commutation of his original sentence from 1990, making him parole eligible and was paroled by the parole board once they determined he met the conditions at that time. He was arrested later for parole violation and taken back to prison to serve his full term, but prosecutors dropped the charges that would have held him. It appears that he has continued to have a string of criminal and psychotic behavior but was not kept incarcerated by either state. This is a horrible and tragic event and if found and convicted the offender should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. Our thoughts and prayers are and should be with the families of those honorable, brave, and heroic police officers."

I guess he forgot he was the one who let the guy go on a 95 year sentence. And the following day he says this.

www.mikehuckabee.com...

Those faces I saw when I looked across a table to sign a book gave me confidence that we're a nation that might be traveling uphill, but still a nation that knows how to climb uphill. I met people who believe that God still hears the prayers of His people when they repent, pray and seek Him. You might not know their names because they aren't famous to you, but God knows them and hears them. And I'm thankful for them. And believe in them. And because of them, I still believe in America and its future.

So was he blinded by a crimnal who found God supposedly after he got sentenced for 95 years and then released him because he felt the guy repented his sins?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Seattle, Washington (CNN) -- Nearly 10 years ago, Maurice Clemmons pledged to make a fresh start.

"I come from a very good Christian family and I was raised much better than my actions speak," Clemmons said in a clemency application brief to then-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in 2000. "I'm still ashamed to this day for the shame my stupid involvement in these crimes brought upon my family's name."

Clemmons was 27. He'd spent the past 11 years in an Arkansas prison, convicted of offenses including robbery, burglary, theft and taking a gun to school. He was facing a 95-year sentence.

So did Mike Huckabee let a fellow christian go because he felt God had forgiven Clemmons due to him repenting his sins?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
he commuted.... not pardoned the guy... that mess falls upon the DOC and its people.... then the guy gets to where he wants to go and steals a gun and kills them...

there is no method known that he could have known what the guy was going to do.... so this is on the heads of the DOC that allowed the guy to be released...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

Yes,
I agree to easy to blame the Governor. Lol, too hard to find the fault lies with the DOC, the Department of Parole and Probation who recommended the Governor's pardon lol. Folks need to get off the "blame the most visible person" in cases like these - it screams ignorance lol!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Clemmons was 27. He'd spent the past 11 years in an Arkansas prison, convicted of offenses including robbery, burglary, theft and taking a gun to school. He was facing a 95-year sentence.

Nobody thinks a 16 year old getting 106 years in prison was excessive? What is wrong with the thinking that this guy committed his crimes when he was a minor...served 11 years already, pleading for forgiveness...why not give him a break? Yeah Huckabee was dead wrong....I think they should have executed him when he was 16 years old. I'm sure if Huckabee gave that order he would have been praised by the same lefties that are damning him now?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

Going after Huckabee on this is so petty it calls into question credibility. It is frankly something a person like Hannity or one of his mirror images on MSNBC would do. I don't care for propagandists on either side. If either side has to lie to win, then neither side should get any votes.

I personally would not vote for Huckabee, but I've never seen him be as disingenuous as most politicians.

What gets under my skin is people who are so low and so Partisan they are willing to destroy innocent people out of pure spite and bigotry.

Criticize him on his agenda, but don't stoop to this.

join