It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RATS!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I have rats

This ain't fair at all. I don't like rats. I also have 2 dogs (yes count them) and they don't seem to be getting rid of the rats. A lady came and put some rat killer down (in a safe place out of the way of doggies) That was on friday, yesterday, the phone went dead, one has chomped through the phone line. One has also chomped through the wire to the bathroom light. Which means I have to shower in the dark.

I don't like rats

And now, i guess I've got to wait until the inevitable dead rat stank. And take up my floor boards every time I smell it.

I don't like rats, I really don't.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Rats are some of the most intelligent creatures on the planet.

You tried to poison them, they found out, then in retaliation they chewed through your phone line and your shower lights as part of their plan. I hope you don't plan on sleeping heavy because man, they start by cutting off your communication and the rest is just messy.

I used to keep rats as pets, poison won't work because rats are in fact smart and test food before they eat it, they won't ingest a large quantity of a poison and even if they did it might not kill them. It takes the same amount of sedative you would give a medium sized dog to put a rat to sleep.

I think the RidX system does work however on making rats run from the house, cause frankly I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you if you decided to go for the trap method, after all what do you think they will do if they discover you putting traps around?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I KNEW they were plotting something!! I'm going to have to get my doggy better trained. Mr Tyler is my only hope (Mr Eddy is too slow and old), he can sleep back on the bed from now on! (Staffy X, no rat is going to mess with him, they may be able to out smart him, cos he's dumb as it gets, but he'll out bite them)

So, this RidX thingy, is that one of those sounder things? And will it effect the dogs?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I discovered that a rat is living in my kitchen a few days ago.

It's mostly my own fault - they had a little colony in the garden and I fed them.

We've been hearing noises in the attic for ages, but the one in the kitchen has made himself comfortable behind the boiler and I don't think he'll be in a hurry to go.

My dog is useless. He barks at practically everything that moves in the garden but he won't rouse himself to investigate a rat in the house.

I'm in a quandary - I don't really want a rat in the kitchen, but the thought of putting him out in the cold when he's just got himself all comfortable is killing me. I'm making sure not to leave any food lying about in the hope that he'll go further afield to feed himself.

Some of them are cute

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/586646b2a45d.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 30-11-2009 by berenike]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

So, this RidX thingy, is that one of those sounder things? And will it effect the dogs?

That I don't know, it might affect your dogs too, but it's a non lethal way to rid your house of rats. So you could test it, if your dogs freak out you just unplug it.

top topics

join