It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are affected by the climate change?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
And in "affected", I mean as in:

your household is affected
your works is affected
your lifestyle is affected
your farm is affected
your crops are affected
et cetera.

There has been a lot of climate change talk lately - in favour and against the Climate Change. Some say climate change is going to screw everything up on this planet. Others say that climate change is pure BS.

Now, I want ask the people and not the media: How many of you are affected by the climate change?

Please share.

Peace,
Mulder

No one argues that the climate is changing. The argument is whether or not the Sun is causing it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It seems to me UK is having more flooding.
This year we had the wettest November on record and I am a bit worried about a slope near my house.

My plums used to fruit in August/September. Now it's July/August. It was actually a bumper fruit harvest for much of the UK this year.

Last Winter - hopefully this won't happen again - the track to our small group of houses was frozen solid for a couple of weeks. Only 4 wheel drives could make it and we had to carry and drag our shopping and coal down. I'm getting a sled in case it happens again! That said, TPTB are apparently forecasting warmer, wetter winters.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Regardless of the cause, I think it's important to note that increased global temps do not necessarily equate to warmer temps in a given area of the globe. A good example of this would be the "Year without a Summer" in England AKA the "Year of Poverty"

In 1815 the eruption of Mt. Tambora apparently caused glacial melting in the N. Atlantic which, in turn caused massive amounts of fresh water to be released into the N. Atlantic. The lower salinity of the Ocean water caused the Gulf Stream current to shut down. The Gulf stream current is warm because the water is heated when it's close to the equator, then it is moved along the E. Coast of the US and then accross the pond to England. If the Gulf stream shuts down then England remains cold throughout the winter.

So... melting ice in the N. Atlantic caused cooler temps in the UK. Seems counter-intuitive but that's how warmer mean temps can cause cooler seasonal temps in some regions.

<< 1   >>

join