It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Who Really Controls America" -George Carlin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I for one, have always looked up to George Carlin in a philisophical kind of way.
I share alot of the ideals that he holds, but by no means am I as on point as this man. Anyways, as I was looking at some of his stand up, I happen to come across one video that I thought the people here on ATS would like. Now I know not everyone likes the man due to his straight forward no BS attitude, but nevertheless, this man had a lot to say and most of the time he was spot on. This is one of those times. We do not have a choice in this country, we never have. All we ever had, was the illusion of choice, and until people realize this, our "owners" will keep playing the cards that THEY deal. WE should be the ones dealing the cards, but that will not happen without a little knowledge of how to play the game first.

www.youtube.com...

I think this could makefor great discussion, so dont be shy =)

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Even though i do not agree with him on god, i think everything in that vid was true. I like his bluntness, just say it.

So true they do not want people asking questions, lol.

Whats more to say other than what he said in that vid is right, and especially the fact that these people are pagans, that means they see others as absolute nothing.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Even though i do not agree with him on god, i think everything in that vid was true. I like his bluntness, just say it.

So true they do not want people asking questions, lol.

Whats more to say other than what he said in that vid is right, and especially the fact that these people are pagans, that means they see others as absolute nothing.

Its funny how we allknow these things, yet we continue to bicker amongst each other about the fake crap. Why is that?
Its like, we all know if you throw a rock and hit someone in the head,it is going to hurt them, but since we have been doing it so long, it is now a common practice that we cannot get rid of no matter how hard we try.
weird.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
George Carlin has always quite simply been one of my heroes, rest in peace to him.

I admired the man because he had the ability to make me laugh, all while doing exactly what he wishes more people would do, and that's just to THINK about this stuff. The problem with Americans in general (or even humanity in general) is that we're like water, or electricity. We flow to the path of least resistance. It is the human way, the easiest way is usually the chosen path.

When you ask questions like George Carlin asked, you start to go "heyyyy wait a second he's riiight!", even if you're someone who already believed these things to be true.

Those that own this country, as Carlin says, make life as 'easy' or as 'smooth' as is humanly possible in exchange for a good 35-45 years of slave labor. Its hard to say if its really a 'bad' deal per say, I can't say I personally dislike life in general, but my problem is that nobody got a choice in the matter, so its forced.

It almost sounds ancient-Egyptian-like, in that what drove the 'economy' of Ancient Egypt was the activity of erecting great monuments. Slaves in Egypt were enlisted by the folks who 'owned' Egypt (Pharroh's), and in return given a nice life in laborer villages.

Makes me start to wonder more about those theories about groups purported to be those in control, and dating their group back 2,000-4,000 years..

I really wish Carlin was still around. I looked forward to seeing him live whenever he was in my area.

R.I.P. George Carlin.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Ghostt]

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Ghostt]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
George Carlin was one of the greatest comedy minds to have ever lived. But in this vid he was spot on, they really dont care about us.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think whoever got WWII started and ended it in their favor
along with the likes of Hitler, his benefactors in the Trilateral Commission,
the World Bankers and Industrialists, Trilateralists, CFR, Rockefellers
and the Nazis that came to America in Operation Paperclip.

And all the people in America that had spies from Europe since
before 1900 when the tailed Tesla from the Swiss patent office
to America.

Just my opinion I guess, see my profile for related text and links.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath5639
George Carlin was one of the greatest comedy minds to have ever lived. But in this vid he was spot on, they really dont care about us.

Truer words were never spoken.

I imagine that Carlin most likely had a lot in common with our founding fathers. Once they got past the [undue] worship of authority, they realized that the king-had-no-clothes. Their course of action was a simple matter after that.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I would like to re-start this thread, because i think carlin was spot on!

the PTB do not care about us, they dont care!

its an illusion that they think they care. look at copenhagen (hope i spelled that right.), look at 9/11, and the wars that followed, look at WWI and II, Look at the third world, look at the tent cities in america.

They never cared for us, they only cared for profit, and if you questioned their ideology, you would be labled a nutcase, or anti-american, or a terrorist.

Look at my thread here, regarding the 9/11 conspiracy, and how anyone who questioned that some part of the govt was involved, or a select group of people knew, were immediately cast as crazy, delusional, anti-American, etc.

this country was once land of the free, and were able to have your side of the story, and people listened. they were able to make a decision for themselves, but now you have big brother making all the decisions for you, and you better not dare question him!

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Carlin never did find out and we haven't yet either.
Carlin would do a land over box office action today.
I had some general scenarios but land where Carlin
goes with banks and corporations and such.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I had to had this clip from George, this man was a voice for the people who are awake.
"We're all part of the big Electron"

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It's totally insane to me in the face of all this that people keep rooting for their "team" in the partisan punch-and-judy show...rah rah team, Obama this and Bush that, blah blah blah...even on ATS, even now, this nonsense continues. PLEASE WAKE UP. The "left" and the "right" are two sides to the same coin. Is the glass fully empty or full of air? Either way you cut it, there ain't nothing there.

new topics

top topics

join