It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama United way commercial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Obama United way commercial

www.youtube.com

In support of his United We Serve initiative, President Obama and NFL stars Drew Brees, DeMarcus Ware, and Troy Polamalu team up to highlight the importance of fitness for America's children....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
i saw this commercial while watching the Steelers, Ravens game but i believe it was originally aired on thanksgiving day. Thought it was interesting, original for a president, maybe this is an effort to help his image. Then again maybe its full of illuminati symbolism. Your thoughts?

Oh btw i have no idea how to embed video, so some help would be awesome, thanks.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
So being active, healthy, and donating your time is an Illuminati thing? Or a way for the POTUS to make himself look better? I'm so confused by this thread. What about Nancy Reagen and her reading program ads? Was that Illuminati too? Or every other POTUS and POTUS wife that had a cause that they believed in? Gee, healthy children in the US. The fattest country in the world.........gotta be a conspiracy here!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
i disagree with you completely but i enjoy helping the technologically challenged.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
i don't know that this is nefarious; but it IS ridiculous.

i mean, once you have most the MSM discussing the president suddenly being a "celebrity" and "is that tasteful???" you would think he'd tone it down. well it IS unusual, just as the say.

is it tasteful??? seems he could be doing better things with his time than making commercials...then again bush didn't have these kinds of commercials and he didn't spend his time any more wisely, eh?

[edit on 11/30/2009 by double_frick]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
So being active, healthy, and donating your time is an Illuminati thing? Or a way for the POTUS to make himself look better? I'm so confused by this thread. What about Nancy Reagen and her reading program ads? Was that Illuminati too? Or every other POTUS and POTUS wife that had a cause that they believed in? Gee, healthy children in the US. The fattest country in the world.........gotta be a conspiracy here!

Umm, big pharma wants us fat and unhealthy so they can sell us drugs to fix our problems. This is propaganda pure and simple. We ourselves should have the freedom to be fat as pigs if we want to...or not. What this is, is a president trying to tie his face with inspiration music, happiness, and football.

As to hidden messages, I see none after watching the video at half speed.
The only thing I saw leery besides the propaganda was the football flying into the Whitehouse and a bunch of black people, no ethnic diversity in that video.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Wonder what his next commercial will be about and what decisions he'll be putting off while he's filming it. Could this be part of the reason it's taken him so long to decide whether or not he's sending more troops to Afghanistan, I wonder? A decision we've yet to hear, by the way. No time for those decisions when we're busy filming commercials. We have to keep our priorities straight here and those pesky war decisions can wait until after the shoot, it's not like they're important or anything.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
a bunch of black people, no ethnic diversity in that video.

What?? Like 2/3rds of the people in this video are white!

There's not many other groups besides caucasian and black but all you saw was "a bunch of black people"?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

i really didnt write anything for you to agree or disagree with i simply posted it for discussion but thank you for helping the technologically handicapped.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
After seeing his pitch in that one baseball game(cant remember which cause Ihate baseball) I am really suprised that he even caught the ball.
I wonder howmany takes it took him ?

Other than that, I dont really care what hes doing anymore, cause I gave up on thinking that he was actually trying to fix this country a long time ago. Hes a star baby!

Now I am off, to go look for a job that isnt there.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthQuake

I think that was his attempt at one of those joke things you hear about..you know...someone says something in jest, it's supposed to get this response known as "laughter"

but to what I think about this commercial (and the point of this topic)

I laughed when I saw it. My uncles and I spent about ten minutes joking about how long it took to get that shot JUST right. Did it take numerous takes?

I think it was a good publicity bit. for all involved.

and go NFL and United Way for trying to get kids off their lazy behinds.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have no problem with the message of keeping kids fit.

I just don't know if a sitting President should being promoting a non-profit of his liking. That puts many others at a disadvantage with the Potus weighing in. Maybe I am wrong and this is done with all Presidents, but I don't think while they are sitting.

Why the heck don't they bring back the Presidential Fitness deal they had when I was in school. I can't remember which A-hole dumped it, but it was good for the kids.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

Well the only reason i even mentioned symbolism is because of this notion i have had, perhaps its just all in my head. When Obama first went into office he wrote a letter to his children about what his intentions were, then sometime later he has this public message he gives out to the younger kids while at school. Then now is this united way commercial which, to me, seems like came from left field, with him catching a pass and throwing it up to a kid. Like i said it is just my opinion but it makes a gesture that Obama is trying his damndest to appeal to children. Another thing I thought of is why is Drew Brees throwing the pass? I mean the
Colts are 11-0, and Peyton Manning is way more popular, so does having the QB from the "Saints" provide a few more good vibrations to the overall theme? Maybe your right, and this is just a good thing Obama and the NFL is trying to do for the kids, but you cant ignore the timing. Obama has an approval rating less than 50% and now hes doing commercials, dramatically catching passes amongst some of the top players in the league, playing football. Oh and it was aired on thanksgiving day, bet a lot of people saw that. Just my 2 cents...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

hey there are people on here that get jokes! thats awesome!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

answering your drew brees question...he is, more then arguably, the best quarterback in the NFL..the Saints are 10-0...looking at 11-0 tonight (the colts were not 11-0 at the time of the taping) and the Saints are looking to having a near perfect season...that's why Drew Brees was picked. Demarcus Ware was chosen because he is seen as a great player as well as on the Cowboys "america's team" and Troy because he is well liked. they all are perfect picks for this type of thing.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

do you think Obama could have done this commercial if he was white?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Really? I know Drew Brees is good, but who gets all the commercials? Who has the reputation? Payton Manning. I can see your point, maybe it is more odd seeing a different QB on TV.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Well its all about the PR, you see.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Yea, I get where you could be a bit thrown (ha..get it...more of those joke thingies) off by it, but to me it seemed just fine. Ya Peyton is all over TV in other commercials..but that could also be why he couldn't do this...maybe he has contract limitations...but i know nothing on that.

Usually, they try to get people that everyone likes for this type of PR event. Drew Brees is universally liked. Peyton, while respected as one of the best players of all time, and up to this point, the best QB overall when you factor in his entire career, he is disliked simply because of the team he is on and their ability to win consistently over time. Just like people hate the Patriots because they are the Patriots, or hate the Yankees because they are the Yankees.

The NFL knows how to market to the widest set they can. They have proven this over and over again. I'm sure this is nothing more then a calculated marketing campaign on the NFL's part to say "hey look at us, we dont want fat kids to be our future" and hey..it helps them in the long run..because the more fat kids, the less adults who have the ability to play football..or who will grow up playing football, and therefor be less interested in football as an adult.

the NFL, and all pro sports has a lot to lose if childhood obesity continues at the rate it currently is at.

annnd...wait till the off season and next season...you won't be able to get away from seeing mr brees on tv

[edit on 11/30/2009 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good
[more

its just in his blood...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join