It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Short Story Competition Results In !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Only six entries so far and there are five prizes ranging from 6,000 ATS points to 250 ATS points.At this rate it looks like most of you will get a prize.

But there are just over two weeks to go and the nearer the competition closing date (end of this month) aproaches the more entries we receive generally.

So, plenty of time to get your entries in.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Only one week left till the end of the month so get those short stories in people. So far we have 9 submissions from 8 members.

Praise to worldwatcher, earthtone, StrangeLands, FreeMason, DeuxEx, UM_Gazz and benjj for sharing their creative tallents with us.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Still a few days to get your entries in!

Lots of points!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Last Chance Everyone.

This Competition closes at the end of this month.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
EDIT: Sorry I got the date wrong, never mind.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
we can submit multiple stories, right? i havent yet, but im just wondering

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Competition closed.

No more entries.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
darn my friends, darn. i had a story working up and then i jut saw that its closed. darn i say!

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Give me a day to get this sorted.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
When will the results be posted?
I read some of the stories and am aching to see which ones made the cut.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
As ever the quality was very high all round.Congratulations go to everyone who entered.

Here are the top five with the prize points allocation that each story will receive.

1st place with 88 was Jonna for Lifeline this receives 6,000 points.

2nd with 80 was Jonna for How I came to Love Cannabalism will receive 3,000 points.

3rd with 76 was Jonna for The Cleansing which receives 1,000 points.

4th with 75 was StrangeLands with The End which gets 500 points.

5th with 71 was ThatsJustWeird for Inevitable which gets 250 points.

Congratulations to all who took part but particular congratulations to Jonna who took the top 3 places.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Kudos, Jonna. Your stories were excellent, and I'm pleased to have been awarded 4th place - or "honourary silver", as I like to think of it

Congratulations to all who took part, it was a great pleasure reading the wide variety of submissions.

Have I learned anything? For my next story, less philosophy, more sex and violence.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
wow jonna....a clean sweep...that's pretty good, your stories were great and well deserve the prize. congratulations!!

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So I come on line to see what the damage is. Girl friend acting all excited, "Did you win, did you win!" I'm stoicly scrolling up and down thinking that I can't find the results so I probably didn't even score. And then I see them.

HOLY !!!!

Some of you know me better then others, but I have been writing all my life with almost no praise and thus very little confidence in my ability to write. Over the past four or five years I have not seen the point in writing anything at all (even though it feels as if it is my life blood) and so have done few things that have ever seen the light of day.

My girlfriend dared me that if I was to win this contest I would get up off my nihilistic ass and do something that actually made me happy. Seeing that this conglomeration of short stories seemed to cause such a stir, I have decided to continue into novel form and peddle it to underground publishers.

I am not very good at displaying emotions, but I guess what I mean to say...is that whatever happens...thanks. I have a bit of hope again. Regardless of what happens...today is better then yesterday.

I respect everyone that has put their words to the world here and their heart on the line. I do understand how difficult it is to express yourselves at times and I bow to the talent before me.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Wow! Congrats Jonna

Good job, and great stories!

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
HOORAY!!!!!!!

You get to those publishers and you get that confidence and if I don't see your novel in my shop in a few years when it opens I'll be pissed! hahahahhahahahah! But really now, if you get anything published, get a box full and cart them down to Florida.

COngrats guys!

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Thanks all! My next goal is for infinite and myself to win the BTS Manwife competision.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Congrats Jonna, you deserve it for all the work you have done.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join