It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Short Story Competition Results In !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
We've had three short story competitions here so far with great success.

Time to start a forth.

Similar to the last one,all stories must be associated with the Turquois forums(Science and Space) on the index page.

1st place will get 6,000 points,2nd 3,000 points,3rd 1,000 points,4th 500 points,5th 250 points

The same scoring system will be used as last time to give a score out of 100.

Writing,story,and association with the Turquois forums will all be factors in your final score.

This competition will close at the end of June.

Prefix all entries with (Turq): and your story will be topped.

You can enter a new story or one you have already written.If it is an old story here on this forum then edit the title to include the prefix (Yellow): and add a reply to bump it to my attention.

Any further questions can be made on this thread.

Good luck everyone!

I look forward to reading all entries.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 30-6-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 4-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
woohoo!!! another writing contest!!!

i've been slacking on my writing lately, so thanks for the motivation.

good luck all.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
WooHoo. Let the good times roll.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Oh goody.

My next story will all be true, albeit creatively expressed.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
woohoo!!! another writing contest!!!

Hey WW are you ready for more dirty tactics?

It should be fun, hopefully I'll get something done.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Yep, I'll be putting pen to paper for this one too, let's just hope that DeusEx and Pisky both decide to give it a miss though or none of us will stand a chance.....!

Now then, "Once upon a time...."

B

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Hi all!!

Thanx for the heads up John!! Science and Space eh?? Hmm, I'll see if I can come up with something....

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Guess that I will throw my hat in the ring for this one. I haven't written in the format of a short story in years, but I was really getting into beginning it over the weekend. Almost done with the first draft even...although it usually takes me several dozen drafts before I am completely happy with it.

Question: Does the story need to related or make reference to any specific thread in the Turquois forums or just science/technology in general?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
can i have the "writer" status please? i would really love to be in on this... i write a lot of science fiction short stories in my spare time, so maybe i'll use one of those.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
To clarify a couple of points.

You don't need "writer" status to post in this forum or enter this competition.

And a 20% of the score for each story is dependent on it's relation to the Turquois (science,space) forums.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Sorry a little new to this, if you could help me out I would apprciate it, is there a topic or a subject. or can you just point me to some rules etc. How long ya know the basic stuff.

Thanks in advance

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Can I be able to post one on behalf of my daughter? I think it will be fun

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yes,of course.

I don't put a word limit on but if it's too long the chances are it'll get marked down (The judges have a short attention span.
)

We've had a few competitions before.We had a Halloween one last year.The others have been themed around the colour groupings of the forums on the main index page.

This competition is themed around the turquoise forums,those grouped as Scientific Topics,and they include Science & Technology,Aircraft Projects,Space Exploration.

This is short story fiction so I guess this competition will have alot of SciFi entries.

There are good points awards for the top stories so new members might be get a nice start(the winner would receive enough points to join RATS and the MudPit if they wanted) but mainly it's just good fun.

This competition gives people who may have thought about writing but may have felt inhibited the forum to do it.Or perhaps your a really good writer then this is the place to shine.

This is a friendly community and I'm proud to say I've never seen a nasty reply yet to a members story just encouragement and compliments and honest criticism (but only when it's been asked for.)

Marg6043,Yes that's fine as long as she gives permission and you credit her in the story and her name isn't Jackie Collins or Jilly Cooper
.Or she could join and post it herself.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well the story is kind of naughty but not dirty, and where do I post the story?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have just one more question to trouble you with, John Bull.

Are multiple entries allowed? I'm not asking for any particular reason, I just wondered if there was a policy in place already.

In the meantime, I've dredged up the old competition winners for newbies like myself. They all make great reading!

The Yellow Competition
Prices, by DeusEx

The Green Competition
A True Story of "Something" Inside Me, by ScienceGuyQ

The Halloween Competition
The Old School House, by Curiousone

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yes multiple entries are fine and quite usual.

Thanks for finding those stories StrangeLands.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I encourage everyoent o participate...it's a good mental workout. Every competition so far I've put three of my stories up, and I would have liked to see everyone do the same. We have a lot of talented writers on ATS.

However, I don't know if I'm going to be capable of participating in this one. I'll try, but it will have to be a single entry near the end. Best of luck to everyone!

DE

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Sounds like fun. I'm in for a sci-fi story for sure. Actually, I think I already have a pretty good one

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
First story done! My girl friend is editing the hell out of it right now as I seem to be suddenly dyslexic. Second one is half done and the third is still being formulated in my head. They all take place in the same world and location, but with different characters in different times. Can't wait to get some feedback from you guys and gals.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So how many more entries should we expect? This is the first ATS section that I check in the morning hoping for another adventure to read.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join